Why Oanda keeps 10 pips spread for hours?

Since more than 1 hour now spread on EURUSD is 10 pips on Oanda ? Why ?

Lack of liquidity.
Most of the volume dries up around the close of the London & european markets, especially on a Friday. Plus it’s end of month & the majority of the big deals will have been graded out during todays trading sessions.

Lack of liquidity ? I can’t believe this it’s statistically impossible that the variance of 1 minute bar is 1 pip and spread is 10 pips just due to lack of liquidity especially when there is a smooth trend that is just happening.

LOL, you think anyone in their right mind will be sat around at the New York close on a Friday at end of month looking to place a bet on the eur/usd???

What are you some kind of crazy?

The smart cookies have been in the bars knocking back jugs of beer, kicking up their heels for the past 6 or 7 hours.

It looks like you posted this at the NY closing time…

Be patient it will still be there Sunday afternoon/Monday morning. Also if you think its that good of a trade, why complain about the 10 pips? I personally avoid low liquid markets, but if your stagey works regardless of liquidity then by all means go ahead.

On the other hand if your new, like I think you are you may want to settle down and just watch, and wait until Monday.

If you still want something Forex related to do, go look at how the markets are doing and have been doing and pick a few pairs that are most likely to give you good signals this coming week. Also review all your trades and compare what was bad and sloppy with what you did right, and good. Keep a mental note, or write it down so you can better guide yourself long term.

Why would people trade the Dow Jones and not the EUR/USD ?

And what after the close ? There are people trading and not with 10 points spread as far as I can see the last trend.

And why on earth doesn’t this 10 pips spread appears on OANDA chart of spreads here ?

fxtrade.oanda.com/forex_trading/why_trade_with_oanda/spreads/recent_oanda_spreads: Recent OANDA Spreads - OANDA FXTrade

From 15H30 to 17H30 spread is 10 pips on EURUSD whereas they show up 0.9 pips that is to say it’s completely fake ! I have the proof if necessary since on their chart they have option to show the spread and to be sure that it is a real spread I have even a small open order which indeed shows a spread of ten pips.

So why Oanda is fakely pretending that their spread is 0.9 pip ?

Perhaps an error? They did document their higher spreads the previous Friday.

OK I’ll see if this repeats each week since I have never looked at these charts before.

It appears you’re running around the forum expending a lot of needless mental energy on stuff that could be solved simply by contacting Oanda & Interactive Brokers & speaking with one of their customer services reps.

Have you not thought of either firing off an e-mail, clicking on any live support facility if available, or even picking up the phone & perhaps speaking to a rep from the two companies to voice your concerns?

After all, you make it quite clear by your comment below that you’re a little reticent about accepting advice & comment from other folk on a web site.

If that’s the case then why not use your initiative & go direct to the source. In your case it’ll save you time, energy & prevent you running around the forum like a headless chicken.

So what ? Do you know only binary logic ? When I say that I won’t take any information at their face value doesn’t mean that 1 on 10 of them is useless. Sometimes one person has worthwhile answer.

They updated their 7D spread history. Everything looks right now.

Current OANDA Spreads and Pairs - OANDA FXTrade

Current Oanda spreads updated with a page refresh;) this is what you want to watch when the market slows down or news is coming up. Also you can put the bid and ask price right on the chart.

It’s a bit late to update 10 hours later after the fact to say the least for trading in real time :wink:

Their chart is still fake: they pretend that the 10 pips spread started at 22:00 whereas it did start at 15:50 more than 1h before wall street closes.

I would suggest a little less typing, and a lot more reading. Especially your broker’s fine print.

It’s quite clear that you don’t have a solid grasp on how a broker functions, and when your optimal trading times would be.