Why trading small accounts is not worth it

@Ihlas

4 losses of 150 trades isn’t good it’s ####ing unbelievable - even for a demo account

Clearly you are doing something very right - I don’t think any market wizard could claim such a record

One thing I notice is you say you don’t use stops - what criteria do you decide when a trade is wrong?

And what type of %R are you pulling in on average?

Generally intrigued.

2 Likes

Is it safe for a brginner not to start small ?

1 Like

Half of the things that you said can be agreed and half can not. For new traders, it is not possible to raise larger capital but yeah it is always better to have high margin in the account. Apart from that risk is a crucial element in trading, and where there is risk there is discomfort, but with risk we get reward also!

2 Likes

It is worth it as training and practice.

2 Likes

@Scottra it is recommended for newbies to start a demo account and it actually depends on your trading plan, and from the trading plan you can tell how much a small account is considered acceptable. For example a trading plan 1 can work on a $2,000 small account, and trading plan 2 can work on a $200 small account. It is all about the trading plan

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

I will also try to make 100% profit this week. This is my continuation of my challenge. I made already 6000 USD. At the end of this week, it must be 12000 USD. So today my earning is 20% (1200 USD).

I don’t use MACD, Stochastic Oscillator, or Williams %R.
I have my own settings.

2 Likes

Forget Babypips - just start selling your services to Goldman Sachs!!

2 Likes

@Ihlas

When you say 100% do you mean 1R or 100% on total account?

1 Like

Deposit = 500
1 week = 1000
2 week = 2000
3 week = 4000 ==> I should be at this stage. I earned much 150% last week. So I should double (6000) this week
4 week = 8000
5 week = 16000

So it’s total account

1 Like

Well if you can replicate that on a real account - remember psychology is an issue - you’ll be a millionaire in a year.

Billionaire the year after - good for you

2 Likes

Yes, I think about about psychology. I do care about margin level. And watch for some factors, so that it will return to the intial position. If I think it won’t reach the position where I want the profit, I just close it with one point profit. Once I reach to 100000 in the demo. I think it won’t be much difficult in real one. Yes, happens slippage. But it’s not a big deal. For example, EURUSD pair 75% will go down within 48 hours (Even 24 hours). I can’t say it will go down 100% because there aren’t some factors that I do care about.

1 Like

@Ihlas

You do realise the returns your suggesting would be the highest returns in the history of financial markets right?

I doubt anyone even legends like Richard Dennis or Paul Tudor Jones are even close to that result

2 Likes

I think if I could double my account 2 weeks consecutively, I will do it third times. My strategy also works on stocks, but I want to concentrate on currency pairs.

2 Likes

Do share the results with us :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree to this. An even better capital is $10000. You can hold off trades for the big profit.

1 Like

I would disagree with the OP in that providing you use decent risk management the stress is equal when I have traded with a £500 account or £5000 account. The % are still the same, the monetary value is secondary. The issue with smaller accounts is you’re much more likely to look around at what other people are doing and try and push the envelope with your trading and then get burnt. Patience is key as it would be with a £5000 account looking to build it to £50k.

1 Like

For small accounts you have to set modest goals but many newbies are unable to do that. Making cents or couple of bucks is boring and failure to realise that greater profits comes with higher risk leads to guaranteed loss.

2 Likes

Unless of course you’ve found the secret to explosive gains. :rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:

Wonder if there’s an EA or signal generator for sale? :laughing:

1 Like

@cashisking86 thanks for participation. Just a quick question if you could share with us your trading background, such as for how long you’ve been trading, have you ever traded small accounts before, etc.
One more thing, you believe you can use the same trading plan that works on both $100 and $1,000 if the smallest lot size that the broker is offering is 1,000 unit ?