Why we need more (good) female traders

@Penelopip @Ananais

1 Like

It always tickles me how the actual findings seem to be manipulated by those with a political gender biased intent !

eg

The FT says ;

"A paper by the University of Leicester suggests that female traders outperform males on average, …"

Whereas the cited “paper” actually finds ;

"female traders outperform male traders more frequently. However, when male traders makehigher profits than females, they outperform female traders by a large amount. This is whythe average profit of male traders is greater than that of female traders…"

:rofl::rofl:

NOTE “Outperform” does NOT neccessarily imply that they actually make a profit :wink:

[EDIT - This is exactly the result one would expect from the findings of Evolutionary Psychology ! - Where the female would be responsible for child-rearing and animal husbandry (Minimise loss) - whereas the male would be responsible for hunting (Maximise additional food capture) :smile: - Thus acting as a team or “family unit” - the skills and psychologies of both sexes would optimise the net benefit to the “team” ]

In May 2018 I posted again about Rachel Fox ( Why we need more (good) female traders ); here is a video of her Ted Talk:

1 Like

https://knowledge.insead.edu/leadership-organisations/women-and-money-1937?ct=14084&ct=14084&ct=14084&ct=14084

1 Like

I think women are good to use existing tools but lack intellectual abilties to make theoretical breakthroughs. It should be left for men.

1 Like

@ria_rose Good article, reviewing a number of studies and reviews-of-studies.

1 Like

Read this great testimonial of a female trader from Singapore, wanted to share on this thread.

2 Likes

@Ele_Wood1 Interesting! Thank you. I am not sure about OspreyFX broker but it is good to have a site like this around.

Yeah. :slight_smile: I just found myself reading more on this, and I guess it’s time we recognize that intellectual abilities are not determined by the gender of an individual. :smile:

2 Likes

@ria_rose Absolutely!!

Yeah they put up interesting content! I do crypto and forex follow up through their blogs.

2 Likes

Hello traders

I have an interview planned and all is in place, so as soon as it is completed I will post it on here!

PipMeHappy

This new article highlights my argument right at the start of this thread, namely that more women in trading could foster a more stable banking sector, among other things:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.ft.com/content/16cbf8da-b9d7-11e9-96bd-8e884d3ea203&ved=0ahUKEwie_bD56pTlAhXHSxUIHZu5DisQyM8BCDswBA&usg=AOvVaw2WZcrdD-OFdFzpWq3YKLQu&ampcf=1

Are you seriously putting that “article” forward as a genuine argument in favour of the premise of this thread ?

:roll_eyes:

I am.not.arguing.with you,.Falstaff, there is.no.point.

1 Like

Pipme, I was watching Top of the Pops 1988 last night - think maybe BBC4 - anyways an old favourite was played and i remembered an old thread.

We discussed the song’s theme back some 4 years - wonderful to look back how the market has behaved since.

1 Like

Hey Peterma… Has the indices/equities market been rising since, or stalling?