Worker Bee's Journal

the words “quietly impressed” come to mind … maybe not quite so “quietly,” now :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words, you two. Very encouraging.

Guys, i am still on vacation. I traded this week but I didn’t have time to post like last week.

I joined Tom Hougaards Telegram Channel yesterday. I learned that he also has an “agressive school run”. Funny!

Remember, I immediately adapted his strategy and created my own 5m school run. I stopped trading this adaption and trade his agressive alongside the normal school run, like he does.

I started trading live yesterday, too. With 0.01 contracts. Missed this big crash on DAX on Thursday and only made 15 points in this two days.

Trading Toms strategies while simultaniousely listening to him is a strange experience. Today was the first day i did that.

When you trade a strategy you didn’t create, thoughts are crossing your minds. He apparently did 1,9 million pounds with 100k starting balance last year. Will i be able to make 1900 %, too?

I am realistic of course. In 2023, he only doubled his account until now. So last year was maybe an exeptional good year. And I won’t be trading the US Session, only the EU Session.

In addition to that, what if i just can’t trade like him?

Today i was happy: I raised my stop. Tom announced he raised his stop couple seconds after that, to the same place!

Tom announced he would add. I waited and told me “sorry man, don’t seeing that right now.” price reversed, tom was breathing heavily while I smiled.

Price broke higher after a narrow consolidation at restistance, then i added not far away from his add. He closes half of his position, i wait patiently.

I think, ok now i want to take profits. Tom announces he will take profits. We were out of the market together.

We were getting stopped out twice before we had a good trade today. Tom made -1 point in DAX, i made 4. Maybe i can profit like he does. I will try.

1 Like

Ok guys, I am home again.

I made a new spreadsheet journal over the weekend which suits better with my new trading style (learning from Tom Hougaard). As of today I trade live with 0,5 contracts (0,5 € per point). I will only trade the DAX.

Further on I will only share my performance and statistics with you, because this trade recaps I did a few weeks ago are to much work for a simple trading journal.

Today we had a win and a loss. I could have avoided the loss, as I was very inclined to set my SL to BE at one point but I decided to go with Tom, ended up losing slightly more than him in the process.

I traded the US Session yesterday with 25 % of my full size. Just because I had the time and nothing else to do. This won’t happen often.

I have a tendency to reduce my risk much quicker than Tom and therefore I lose and win not as big as him. I will watch that because today I am around 30 points behind on him. Thats 15 € with my current size. On the other hand I watched him lose big in the US session yesterday. That was a little profit for me. The difference is because I watch also the 1m chart I think.

1 Like

Profitable day again. As you can see, I again had the time to trade the US session yesterday.

Overall I am very satisfied. But I still have work to do in terms of letting winning trades run.

Yes, I do agree - in fact I have a confession to make.
I am very much an advocate of Tom Hougaard, as you know, however, I am in his Telegram group most days and have been for about four years but I do not religiously follow or copy his trades - even his SRS or ASRS. I hope you don’t see me as an absolute hypocrite, but as you mention here, it is sometimes difficult to follow someone else’s strategy.
I find Tom interesting and, I suppose, good company. Sometimes I find his trading quite strange and infuriating, like today when he took off that Nasdaq at 3.23pm for 6pts. But his profits speak for themselves - so we must not judge. I use MAs and a lot of one minute timeframes. i think, and I’m sure you would concur, that psychology being the big part of trading plays very much in having confidence in your strategy, what ever that stategy may be.
I have rattled on a bit here, I’m glad that you are finding value in Tom and it’s great that you are tuning into the SRS and doing so well.
Let those winners run. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yes I noticed that he sometimes trades outside of his fixed setups. Very irritating when he does that. But like you, I don’t judge. I just ignore those trades. I only take ASRS and SRS trades because I could take them without him.

1 Like

Today I left money on the table again. I don’t complain to much as long as I am profitable. But I have to work on this - without to much pressure.

On days like today I wanted to use the slower setup SRS to add to an ASRS trade. But I completely forgot while my trade went in my favor.

1 Like

On the indices I fnd the Daily Pivots useful as you will see on Dax this morning how it kept hitting R1 for about 2hrs before finally breaking through.

I do wish that I could wake up in the mornings for the Dax - I am a night owl and I have to make do with Nasdaq and Dow, I’ve given up beating myself over it but I used to love the Dax. :+1:

1 Like

Very good observation. The daily pivots are indeed very significant in the DAX. I used them in my old strategy and have them still on my chart.

1 Like

Ha ha it’s just hitting R1 on the way down as we speak :rofl:

Amazing - you couldn’t make it up. :ok_hand: :rofl:

:joy: So you are from the US that you can’t trade the DAX open?

No, the stupid thing is I’m from UK. I stay awake all night! :upside_down_face:

Oh :open_mouth: Well you could always set an alarm for the DAX opening and make a nap after you are done :laughing:

I tried that but I seem to have an insane sleeping disorder!

Today is the first losing day. I got a full stop on the first trade and won a little back on the second. I am proud today because I resisted to tp while price was moving in my favor. Even if Tom took half of his position I remained calm and waited and on the peak I even was breakeven for today. I covered half of my position on the way down and let the other half run with my stop just above breakeven.

Today it didn’t work, but on those other days…this calmness would have been greatly rewarded.

I traded a few days with 0.01 during my vacation and this week with 0.5 contracts. I made me familiar with Tom Hougaards setups and more important, his management style. I learned a lot this week and know on what aspects I have to work in the future.

I didn’t reached the border of my comfort zone in terms of size this week. Even the full stop of today doesn’t bother me at all. So I am thinking about doubling my size to 1 contract 1 € / per point next week. I will think about that more on the weekend.

1 Like

Increased size to 1 contract / 1 € per point.

Today is a US bank holiday, so I was a little cautious. Took 50% profit on the way and covered the rest at the previous day high. Tom did the same but everytime a few seconds after me. He got 9 points more out of the market today. But again I showed to myself that I can trade without him when the time has come.

2 Likes