Working full time and trading?

Excellent post, Victoria!

There really is no end to how flexible one
can be with Forex…

I always think of single parents running a
small business from home while integrating raising children, etc. It is indeed possible, but it is not for everyone… X

Hah, that is an interesting analogy. I agree with it. Trading and working full time is quite similiar to parenting and working - you need a lot of self-discipline to stay on top of things. It’s not easy, but if you’re well-organized, it’s doable.

You hit the nail on the head, Victoria:

being organised is all-important…

lol, you lot haven’t met my two rug rats. Trading is way easier than raising kids. At least I can turn the computer off when the markets are driving me nutz!

PS: read SimonTemplar’s comments on
trading as a stay-at-home dad:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/64809-why-we-need-more-good-female-traders-13.html

Will do, thanks for the link

Hahaha, true, unlike the computer kids don’t come with a turn off switch.

I love to rag on my kids but at the end of the day they are my inspiration. Its always hard to find time between work, family, trading or play. But when things are important you make the time. My kids are important and its one of the reasons I trade.

Great advice!!!

Reviving the thread…:slight_smile:

Thanks for reviving. :wink:

I, myself, also working full time and trading on the side. You could considered me as day trader/long term trader (depending on the trade). At first, I started out waiting until I get off work to start trading in the evening. Since I ran into similar problem that I did not have access to logging in during the day. I ended up using an android tab to download the app for my broker, and start trading during lunch break and when I come home I continue doing my trades.

Currently, I have a system to when I check on my all my trades. And I would makes trades during those times.

1. When I get up before I leave the house, I would look into if I need to sell my current trades.
  2. After I get to work while I go get my morning coffee, I will check in to see how my trades are doing.
  3. During my lunch break, I would start watching the trades to see what I can buy and sell. I also do some of my research during this time.
  4. When I come home after I am done with everything I need to do. This is the time I spend most on research and trades.

It is manageable to work full time and still managed to do trading. :smiley: :smiley:

Working full time and also trading forex is like keeping two jobs and you may loose concentration in one even with a good time management plan. Unless in a situation where you wake up earlier to make your analysis, and trading on a different trade zone; for instance trading with the Asian time trading if you are in USA.