Working in Trading business

Hello, i have been trading for 1.5 year now with demo funds only, due to lack of time because of university studies etc.

So, in about a year i will graduate and i would like to pursue Trading as my profession.

I did my reasearch but most “trading” certifications need work experience.

So, i do not know where to start… Any thoughts?

Thank you!! =)

This might help:-

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/new-trade2win/30624-how-do-i-get-job-trading.html

2 Likes

If you are profitable in your demo, then take it as your full time job, otherwise not! Then take it as your part time business! And try to learn more and update your trading skill.

1 Like

here this is one of the most respected institutes if you desire a career in tge investing industry. the fees arent high aswell and you can do it next to your job. a chance in financial services to get a job is granted after graduation. how good you are after you got the job is up to your skills.

it fits to your situation. you neeed a finished degree with bachelor minimum or if you are about to finish within one year. or work experience of minimum 4 years. but not both, its the one or the other. you can enroll asap and start doing it next by.

id advice you to immediately start Sending CVs to any company you find interesting and offer them to work as whatever trainee just to get a foot in the door. when you put in your CV that you enrolled in the CFA even before you finished your first bachelor study you will be interesting for them and someone will take you- and invest his money and time to teach you…

but… never use the word “trading” in your CV. use “investing”. when you use “trading” your cv will only land in the garbage bin without beeing have read properly.

1 Like

I’d say it WILL help: it was originally written by Tim Wilcox and therefore well worth reading.

Your malicious trolling is really getting out of hand, Bogdan. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Till now you have one year more! Let’s concentrate on learning and update your trading skill.

1 Like

Just bypassing security.

1 Like

If you want a good look at the world of proprietary trading, check out “One Good Trade” by Mike Bellafiore.

1 Like

Is this technical or fundamental analysis based trading eBook?

No.

It’s a collection of stories and anecdotes from the prop firm he co-founded and co-owned. As jseymour said just above, if you want to have a good look at the world of prop firms, it’s interesting.

By the way, it isn’t really an ebook (though I see Amazon does now have a Kindle version available for $50).

1 Like

Thanks a lot for clarifying by this post!

Not sure what Bellafiore’s prop shop is like these days but only 2 or 3 years back they were generating the thick end of their revenues from trader desk fee’s, commissions & training invoices, not dissimilar to most of these set ups.

Despite their apparent high quality training, the vast majority of their foot flow blew out very quickly indeed & the revenues from trading profits was & probably still is, pitifully low.