Workshop Discussion by Mark Douglas

I am providing links of Mark Douglasā€™s Workshop Discussion on ā€œHow to think like a professional traderā€ just for the information and knowledge of the BP Community and specially for the Novice traders.

If anyone of you think that it is a rubbish and useless video, then he/she may flag it.

Workshop Discussion on How to think like a professional trader (1 of 4)

Mark Douglas How to think like a professional trader 2 of 4

Mark Douglas How to think like a professional trader 3 of 4

Mark Douglas How to think like a professional trader 4 of 4

4 Likes

@anon58863749 I will certainly take a look!

FR&L

1 Like

Itā€™s been good for me so far! I am approx. 1/2 way through the 2nd vid. There are some excellent reminders, thoughts, and take aways for me as a beginner trader.

When I first started watching it was ā€œan eye rollerā€. I was thinking ā€œanother talking headā€ mumbo-jumbo, motivational snake-oil advertorial. Glad Iā€™m persevering.

I find myself getting a little impatient while watching these videos looking/waiting/expecting a ā€œkeyā€ thing to use in trading as it relates to a chart or analysis!

I have to remind myself the key thing that is being discussed is ā€œmeā€. ā€œWhy is he talking about the ā€˜meā€™ of the trading equation?! Because that is the only thing that brings the emotion, fear and greed to the table that ultimately crushed me the last time around!ā€

One of the key items he mentions is the ability to get in and out of trades with ease/no emotion. This is so key and one of the factors I recognized a while ago that I had to deal with.

In a book I had read a few years ago, the author suggested suggested an excercise to encourage or strengthen this ability: Entering 50 trades on the flip of a coin. Heads: Go long. Tails: Go short. There was no waiting for a signal or trigger or consideration of trend. Flip the coin and make the trade. Set 20 pip stop loss. If still in the red after 5 minutes exit. If profitable let the trailing stop do the work. Recommends 3 open trades max.

This is probably an exercise I should revisit!

I look forward to finishing the series.

FR&L

How

3 Likes

I am glad to hear that you found the videos helpful.

Actually, the workshop was based on Trading Psychology thatā€™s why you didnā€™t hear about any chart or analysis except ā€œMEā€.

Just try to complete all four videos and you would get an exercise at the end of last video which might have some similarities with which you have read / mentioned in your post.

Yes, I knew that. :grinning: I was simply relating that I think most beginning traders - like myself - are looking for external solutions that are bright & sparkley - :wink: - indicators, ocillators, candle patterns, gartleys etcā€¦ and that looking at and developing the internal solutions is not as fun or exciting - plus itā€™s much more difficult and time consuming!

@anon58863749 Tx for posting! I look forward to finishing the series!

FR&L

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this @anon58863749. Iā€™ll watch this in my free time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally finished watching the last installment. It was good! This is something that I have to work on continually. The psych aspect was my undoing first time around. It was a hard fall for me. Looking back in review I did all the classic crash, burn and bury actions.

No more!!

The last 10 or 15 minutes outlines a great way/process to move forward from this video series.

@anon58863749 thanks for posting! It was a great learning experience!

FR&L

1 Like

Congrats @frandlost to finishing the entire video series. I am glad to know that you found the videos helpful.