Workshop Discussion by Mark Douglas

I am providing links of Mark Douglas’s Workshop Discussion on “How to think like a professional trader” just for the information and knowledge of the BP Community and specially for the Novice traders.

If anyone of you think that it is a rubbish and useless video, then he/she may flag it.

Workshop Discussion on How to think like a professional trader (1 of 4)

Mark Douglas How to think like a professional trader 2 of 4

Mark Douglas How to think like a professional trader 3 of 4

Mark Douglas How to think like a professional trader 4 of 4

4 Likes

@anon58863749 I will certainly take a look!

FR&L

1 Like

It’s been good for me so far! I am approx. 1/2 way through the 2nd vid. There are some excellent reminders, thoughts, and take aways for me as a beginner trader.

When I first started watching it was “an eye roller”. I was thinking “another talking head” mumbo-jumbo, motivational snake-oil advertorial. Glad I’m persevering.

I find myself getting a little impatient while watching these videos looking/waiting/expecting a “key” thing to use in trading as it relates to a chart or analysis!

I have to remind myself the key thing that is being discussed is “me”. “Why is he talking about the ‘me’ of the trading equation?! Because that is the only thing that brings the emotion, fear and greed to the table that ultimately crushed me the last time around!”

One of the key items he mentions is the ability to get in and out of trades with ease/no emotion. This is so key and one of the factors I recognized a while ago that I had to deal with.

In a book I had read a few years ago, the author suggested suggested an excercise to encourage or strengthen this ability: Entering 50 trades on the flip of a coin. Heads: Go long. Tails: Go short. There was no waiting for a signal or trigger or consideration of trend. Flip the coin and make the trade. Set 20 pip stop loss. If still in the red after 5 minutes exit. If profitable let the trailing stop do the work. Recommends 3 open trades max.

This is probably an exercise I should revisit!

I look forward to finishing the series.

FR&L

How

3 Likes

I am glad to hear that you found the videos helpful.

Actually, the workshop was based on Trading Psychology that’s why you didn’t hear about any chart or analysis except “ME”.

Just try to complete all four videos and you would get an exercise at the end of last video which might have some similarities with which you have read / mentioned in your post.

Yes, I knew that. :grinning: I was simply relating that I think most beginning traders - like myself - are looking for external solutions that are bright & sparkley - :wink: - indicators, ocillators, candle patterns, gartleys etc… and that looking at and developing the internal solutions is not as fun or exciting - plus it’s much more difficult and time consuming!

@anon58863749 Tx for posting! I look forward to finishing the series!

FR&L

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this @anon58863749. I’ll watch this in my free time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally finished watching the last installment. It was good! This is something that I have to work on continually. The psych aspect was my undoing first time around. It was a hard fall for me. Looking back in review I did all the classic crash, burn and bury actions.

No more!!

The last 10 or 15 minutes outlines a great way/process to move forward from this video series.

@anon58863749 thanks for posting! It was a great learning experience!

FR&L

1 Like

Congrats @frandlost to finishing the entire video series. I am glad to know that you found the videos helpful.