World Cup Russia thread w/ poll

IMO this will be the only joy that the Russian team will bring to their fans. Maybe they will beat Egypt eventually and qualify for the next stage where Portugal or Spain will knock them out. I also don’t believe that it is really a coincidence that the host of the World Cup is playing in the opening game in the lowest ranked team on the competition (after Russia itself :smiley:). After all Putin is watching so you cannot put Russia in a group where they will get max 1 point :smiley:

Me too, I suspect the draw for this group might have been rigged.

RONALDO! You have to be a fan of him with a performance like that!

I tend to root for Brazil most of the time. Let’s see how they’ll do.

Well that didn’t go as expected for a couple of teams. Germany, Brazil and Argentina trending down, Spain and Portugal sideways, England and Belgium trending up.

It’s backwards week at the World Cup!

Best goal so far?

1. Coutinho bending magic
  2. Kolarov free kick
  3. Dries Mertens volley

I’ll go with Dries.

1 Like

The world cup has started in Russia and it was a disappointing start for the Germany, Argentina, and Brazil. Iran marked their first win and Russia started with a convincing win. More fun in surely ahead as far as I think. Best of luck Germany!

I would go for Coutinho’s :wink:
Let’s see if Argentina are about to fail tonight against Croatia. They cannot afford losing more points. I will again refer to the Bloomberg article about the World Cup loans:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-06/who-will-pay-50-on-a-loan-to-watch-messi-play-argentines-will

Well, Argentina is to the next round. Hopefully the Argentines are staying a bit longer to watch the next game, against France I think!

And plenty of goals now to add to the list of worthy to be called the best. And since I’m biased, I’ll just throw out the Toni Kroos goal. I almost passed out!

Argentina still need a lot of work, they are not the full force they are supposed to be, with lack of team cohesion and teamwork. There’s some sloppiness.
So far my premonition stays on track.

Humiliation for Germany. Is it because of the mistake of excluding Leroy Sane?

Well Argentina are luckily trough, but “EURJPY” went massively down yesterday :smiley:

Russia can’t be this good. They should check them for performance enhancement drugs. Also I suspect that Russia is controlling the outcome of other matches, by giving teams performance inhibiting substances by secretly poisoning their food. They have done this before at their own olympics, so they could be cheating like this again.

Well, I thought against Spain, it wouldn’t work out, but that goes to show what I know. Definitely some more interesting matches to come. And how long can Sweden keep it up?!?

Brazil v Belgium should be exciting. Hell, all the rest will be exciting!

What an unpredictable world cup ! Belgium have beaten Brazil !

Well England let them beat us too, so as to get to the better half of the draw ! - It seems it went to their heads ! (well that plus the disallowed penalty wihich should have let it end 2-2 at Full Time ) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brazil exit is like forex…no solid structure…will fail.

How can they claim to be Brazil…the jogo bonito attacking team yet play with 6 Defenders??? 4 Defenders and 2 defensive midfielders? Makes no sense. You are basically telling every body "come and attack me because I have no confidence in my attacking prowess "…

Or…

“I am so scared of another 7-1…let me play with more defensive players.”

Even though they had Coutinho…he was the only creative midfielder. William and Neymar are skillful but

1. They are not creative

2. And they play on the wings! Only so much and no more you can create from there.

This is why Coutinho looks lonely at times and has to resort to shooting. That assist was probably the most creative thing from Brazil all world cup.

England France or Belgium to win.

France has the edge because individually are better.

England…if they can regain that smoothness in attack they showed before Colombia… I see them winning.

Overall…an exciting World Cup…with lots of drama and upsets…but honestly…except for these 3 teams…not much exciting quality.

Messi wasnt that interested…even when he was…didnt have the supporting cast for it to make a difference.

Duane
DRFXTRADING

Croatia played badly, oh well,… but they did the job.

Best result as far as I can see ! The Russian crowd will be “anti” the destroyers of their hopes and working on the basis “My enemy is your enemy” - we (ENGAND ! ) may just get the backing of the “home crowd” :innocent:

France England final, with England winning 2-1 in extra time, just for the drama.

Strong France. I’m rooting for them to take the cup for the second time.