Would you give a "unicorn" broker a try?

Hellooo! :blush: I’m a big advocate of going for regulated brokers, but I’m just curious about the appeal of “unicorn” brokers. :smiley: Haha. I just learned about them today, and I wonder if anyone here has tried trading with one? This might be a stupid question :sweat_smile: but if ever, would you give it a try? :blush:

I had to use copilot to be sure of the definition: unicorn broker , this term typically refers to a brokerage firm that has achieved a valuation of over $1 billion, making it a “unicorn” in the financial world. These brokers often provide a wide range of financial services, including trading in stocks, commodities, forex, and cryptocurrencies. They are known for their advanced technology, fast execution, and comprehensive service offerings.

Then ask for any that achieved that status in 2022, 2023 or 2024.

Here are some brokers that achieved unicorn status in 2022, 2023, or 2024

1. CoreWeave - Achieved unicorn status in 2023. CoreWeave is a cloud computing company that provides specialized infrastructure for AI and machine learning1.
  2. xAI - Founded by Elon Musk, xAI reached unicorn status in 2024. It focuses on developing advanced AI technologies1.
  3. [Anthropic - This AI safety and research company became a unicorn in 2023
    (The Complete List Of Unicorn Companies)1.

These companies have made significant strides in their respective fields, contributing to their rapid growth and high valuations.

I am not sure whether any of these companies are brokers (foreign exchange or commodity brokers) as I understand you meant when you said brokers. Gut feeling? I would be a lot more suspicious of the future longevity of a unicorn broker than of long standing brokers who operate in accordance with recognized authorities within their jurisdictions of operation.