XAU/USD GOLD- whats your thoughts

I agree. EUR/USD is a risk-on buy. I can’t see why it got the reputation of being a proxy for gold, which is a risk-off safe haven.

1 Like

I haven’t done it yet, but I plan to. What top tips would you give to a newcomer in this business?

Take your time to understand risk. You should never risk more than 1% of your bank on a single trade when you’re stating out. Things can go bad very quickly for you so only risking 1% will ensure you’ll never blow your account.

Looks like the golden level 61.8 will be tested which is around $1755 (swings from August to November) and can then travel up to $1815 which was August major range from EMA 50. Plus levels might be affected FOMC perspective.

Never risk what you can`t afford to lose.

1 Like

100%. Rule number 1!

Good afternoon all, just updating on the Gold trade i entered on yesterdays candle close. I haven’t updated gold for a while on the picture updates as I have been covering it on my video analysis on YT. If you watch my video’s then you’ll know i was looking for a buy at this demand zone . With yesterdays candle close it gave me the buy signal I was looking for. Aiming for the previous high to the left in the supply zone for the first target. Hopefully if you trade gold and follow you entered also. Will update again in a few days as currently moving in our desired direction. GLIYF

2 Likes

Nice looking channel there but I fear a fall from here.

I’m with you on the long here. I opened it on Friday.

The support looks strong. However, the price may take some time to get bullish since the last bearish movement was very strong. A Double Bottom may attract more buyers to go long from here with good bullish momentum.

Good morning all, little update today. Checking back in on Gold and happy to report our trade is going well. As we can see price has continued in our desired direction. We have peaked at just over 300 pips in profit for over 1:2 R:R so if you followed its time to secure your position, and possibly close off some profits of your original position and let the rest run its course. As until the high to the left is broken we could still see a pullback in price. But naturally we should see a bearish day, but don’t be worried it is natural market movement. We may find dynamic support form the moving average for further continuation. So secure the bag and let’s keep watch on this one. GLIYF

1 Like

Strong move for you there. I had it going the other way :frowning:

The price may find its resistance around 1848.70. A Double Top around that resistance may attract the sellers to go short in Gold. A bullish breakout certainly add more fuel to this current bullish run. Let us wait and watch what happens next.

Smashed right through our TP! Another nice trade in the bag :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning all, happy to report today TP1 zone on GOLD has been hit. So far we have achieved 770+ pips for a 1:6 R:R. Gold has steamed ahead recently showing strong bullish momentum. Currently we sit in the supply zone area where price has previously dropped back from, but it does currently look like its going to be broken. This time I would like price to pullback but not as deep, hopefully to the demand area at 1830 before another push upwards. That way we can add another stacked position to what look’s like a continuing bullish trend for GOLD . As always take your profits now and look to re enter, or as I am doing closing half of my position and letting the rest run. GLIYF

1 Like

Must come down from here now, surely…

1 Like

It has been bullish in the daily chart and made a significant long bullish move. The price may make at least a bearish correction from the resistance. However, the sellers in the daily chart may find it hard to go short in Gold.

A bearish correction is indeed underway for fresh long positions…Ukraine vs Russia tension is just keeping it from doing so.

1 Like

Awesome Gold trades mate. :+1:

1 Like

Gold gone crazy today, only to be expected I guess…

1 Like