XAU/USD GOLD- whats your thoughts

Overvaluation of gold could be caused by the current pandemic. There’s every chance that their value is going to suffer once people no longer face the threat posed by coronavirus.

Last time i looked at gold i was selling from that little resistance zone we just dropped through. Came close to our SL but we saw another drop again with the USD president speaking yesterday. But now my bias is changing on this pair. This big bullish flag looks very nice to me so i would like to look for buys instead as we are still in an overall bullish trend . Ideally id like price to come back to the famous .618 fib and shoot up from there. Wether it will come back all that way is yet to be seen. We could also look to buy on the breakout too. Plenty of pips on offer. IF we get a drop further down take a buy, also look for the breakout. GLIYF

Screenshot_2

Looks like gold wont be going down to the desired area of interest. The 50% fib level held and looks like we could see a breakout soon enough. I will place a small positions in the breakout, but for a full position i will wait for the break and retest of the support level on the .382 fib. That way i can scale in more if the bull is real. Have a good weekend everyone GLIYF

3 Likes

Its retreated back to $1880. Its been moving as predicted.

Gold will always be a sought after trading instrument justifying it’s 'safe haven ’ status. Currently it is trading at 1897.29.

Gold is forming a short-term symmetrical triangle, expect low volatility in the coming days as price oscillates between $1,875 and $1,920.

“The safe-haven” asset, is expected to increase its value in times of volatility and economic uncertainty. For the next month i believe it will have a bullish trend.

2 Likes

Markets open soon and its been a while since i looked at gold . For me i’m a liking this big wedge setup. We could get a sell in round about this area for 160 plus pips down to the magic retrace of fib 0.618 for the next bullish push? Takee a look to see where price settles after market opening and tomorrow morning then we could be on for a nice quickish intraday sell before a nice possible buy, let me know your thoughts below. GLIYF

1 Like

Sunday i last looked at gold and advised a nice little sell from that small supply zone . Currently its working out as planned, we are about 350+ pips up currently and looks good for a TP hit. Make sure as always to lock some profits in as gold can move quickly in these current market times. Dont give back to the market. GLIYF

1 Like

Last time on gold i sold from that small resistance level of 1900, projection was the .618 fib for the buy. TP was well and truly hit, if you held for more well done. As you can see we dropped through the wedge . But price soon came back and found support on the nice .618 level for the buy which im currently holding. All trades were given on the last post so should of been easy enough to take for you guys :slight_smile: GLIYF

1 Like

Cool, :clap:

1 Like

With all the news of vaccine coming up, and fluctuations accompanied in it. I have confusing thoughts around gold as well. Today, it is trading below $1860.

1 Like

Checking back in on GOLD today. Nice to see we are over 500+ pips in profit on the trade still. Price seems to of rejected the 1900 price a couple of times. Im going to continue to hold for now. Ive got my SL set to bank 250 pips in profit so if it does turn then its no problem for me. Hope you all caught this on as there was a second chance for entry. GLIYF

1 Like

Looking back on the GOLD stuff today. Happy to report price is moving in the desired direction as planned. Last post we were over 500 pips in profit. We have since peaked at 1300+ pips in profit, currently sat at 900 ish . But the pattern looks to be a lovely break and re test of that big wedge so it looks like we could see full TP projection hit. Nice easy and rewarding one for us this trade. There was a few times you could enter on that entry zone so hopefully alot of you caught it. Good start to the year so far. GLIYF

1 Like

Great analysis. I have not invested in Gold yet but have plans of investing in it. I am just looking for the right time when the prices go a bit low. I will invest in gold both physically and online to make the most of my investments.

1 Like

Cool still looking to buy gold in to next week the current USD situation should give gold strength

1 Like

Its been a while since i looked at GOLD . I was stopped out in profit on the last position i took but havent looked back at it since. There’s a couple of idea’s that i would like to take, one is near the current support zone we’re almost at. If it finds support around there then i would be taking the buy, if it breaks i would look to the next zone where it totally reversed last time it visited. Naturally if these zones break then it could be a strong bearish trend and then i would look for the sell as shown on the chart. Remember dont just blindly enter .wait for the signs of support or resistance forming. GLIYF

1 Like

Honestly, gold is my most preferred trading instrument, I always feel a sense of relief, when I am trading it, due to it’s solid backing, right now, it is trading at 1859.21 .

1 Like

Last time i looked at gold i put out the trading ideas i was looking for. Well the 2nd idea came to fruition. Price hit that bottom support zone and rejected off nicely. So if you was following then you would of entered as expected. currently we are 563 pips in profit. But we are currently in an area of interest where price could possibly fall back. We have the longer term EMa’s above price and we have just hit that secondary trend line . If we break above then keep holding. Make sure to move SL into profit to secure some pips. Lets keep watching for now. GLIYF

1 Like

For the time being, there is no denying the fact that gold is a good investment option. But like many others are saying,I also think that there will soon be a time when gold will go down. Though we cannot predict when that time will come, it will still be a valuable asset to own like the past years.