Your experience with FXCM

Hi user666,

The amount of time it takes to receive a bank wire can vary depending on where you are located. A domestic bank wire typically takes 1-2 business days to arrive in your bank account, and an international bank wire can take up to 3-5 business days to arrive in your account. FXCM will process your withdrawal request as quickly as possible, and then the remaining time can vary depending on how long it takes for your bank to reflect it in your bank account. The fastest withdrawal method is to have funds sent back to your credit card or debit card, but you have to fund by credit card or debit card in order to have this option for withdrawal.

In regards to the MT4 platform, the message off-quotes indicates an operation is being performed in MT4 which is not possible. This could include functions not supported by FXCM’s MT4 platform such as placing micro lot orders or partially closing positions. Another possibility for the error to occur is if the trade still appears open on the MT4 interface but in fact has been closed on the account. This is why every trader has a login to the FX Trading Station reporting to confirm the execution of their trades on the combined account statement. Anytime this error message occurs, our client support team can investigate why it happened and perform a trade audit if there was an error with execution.

You mentioned re-quotes; however, what you experienced is not a requote. There are no re-quotes on FXCM’s no dealing desk forex execution. A re-quote occurs when you are trading against your brokers dealing desk and the dealer manually intervenes in your trade sending you a new quote at a different price. With FXCM’s NDD forex execution, your order is either filled at the price you requested, filled at the next best available price, or cancelled entirely depending on the type of order submitted. The videos I mentioned in my previous post go into detail on why dealing desks requote their traders. You can find the video here:

YouTube - The Truth About Forex Trading: The Dealing Desk

I do wish you all the best with your trading, and please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

-Jason

Dear Jason

In my case there was more than 10 attempts to close order. Not partially, but whole order. All times I got “off-quote”. I trade with MT4 created by Boston Technology. For example, the same platform I use for trade in Deutche Bank and never got “off-quote” or something simmillar.

Programming has unlimited possibilities and always is possible substitute re-quote with off-quote, with “busy trade content” or any others error which can steel time from trader and substitute profitable deal with less profitable or total in lose.

And other very important question we have without any answer:“Why the same EA with huge capability in YOUR DEMO account (up to 100% income per day able generate !!!) with REAL ACCOUNT make 1%-2%. What about say this FACT ??? !!! Where problem can be here. Probably child can find answer…”

Hi user,

In order to know 100% what was occurring we would have to check the MT4 platform against the combined account statement at the time this was occurring. But just from experience, I would say there is a good chance the trade was closed on the account but the MT4 interface was not reflecting this. While this does not occur very frequently, it can happen, and it is also listed as a possibility in the MT4 execution page of the website MetaTrader4 | FXCM. We advise that all MT4 users have both the read-only account and MT4 platform open when trading to verify the details of the trade in case this situation does occur.

In regards to your second question, the MT4 demo does not utilize the bridge for communicating order execution because your demo orders are not executed against actual liquidity. The demo orders are simply practice trades and therefore an order being filled against actual bank liquidity or experiencing slippage does not happen. This is why the demo would not experience this type of trade and why we don’t give read-only logins to the FXTSII for demo accounts.

I know that you may not have been familiar with “off-quote” and what was happening on the back-end if the read-only platform was not open at the time. For this, I apologize for any inconvenience. When the off-quote message appears, our client support team will help with any questions and review any trades that you request. Regardless of the off-quote message, MT4 accounts are still receiving NDD forex execution and there are no re-quotes. The MT4 FAQ on our website also goes into a great amount of detail regarding off-quotes: why they occur, how to avoid them, ways we will help, etc.

-Jason

My experience with FXCM is not to good so far. I love their trading station but their customer support… Not so much.
I’ve been trading on a micro account for some time and I felt like it was time to upgrade to a standard account, but first I wanted some programming done. The guy who is in charge of the programming wanted to call me last monday so I replied with all the times I was availible last week but now 8 days later I still have not heard anything from him. I also made a trade inquiry with FXCM a week ago about one of my trades that stoped earlier then I had set my stop/loss but I have not heard anything from them either. I also e-mailed a Senior Associate last friday that I talked to earlier abou my upgrade, if he knew anything about the programming guy, but I have not heard anything from him either. I’m now thinking about going back to forex.com instead.

Hi Samson,

Thank you for letting me know about this, and I apologize about the delay in our response to your audit and from the programming services team. I would be happy to check on this for you and get a response back to you immediately. Can you please email me directly at <[email protected]> with your account number and I will help.

-Jason

Hi,Jason
Your company offers spread bets account for UK residents.Can you explain the differences between spread bets and normal account.Is this also NDD account?

just want to give an up date to my last post here I opened account with oanda with $50 the same as i did with fxcm and did test customer service and emails as well and i must say i am very impressed and stupid i did not switch earlier and because of there tight spreads i turned my 50 to 62 in 5 trading days. people do not waste your time with FXCM or anything that Jason have to say maybe wait few days before he will post anymore garbage here how his company is so good

Hi dk,

I wish you all the best with your trading, and please feel free to let me know if you ever have questions about FXCM in the future.

-Jason

Hi Elvis,

NDD forex execution is used in both the spreadbet and standard 10k account.

We offer a separate spreadbet account for UK and Ireland residents because UK tax law allows profits derived from spread betting to be free of all UK capital gains taxes. So you can think of the spreadbet account as a regular standard 10k account which has simply been classified as a spreadbet account for UK residents to take advantage of the tax benefits.

I hope that helps, and let me know if anything is unclear.

-Jason

Thank you Jason

[QUOTE=Jason Rogers;243680]Hi Elvis,

NDD forex execution is used in both the spreadbet and standard 10k account.

Does this mean that i need 10k to open a standard NDD account?What if I start with £2000.Is this still will be NDD ACCOUNT?

Elvis

Hi Elvis,

The minimum to open the standard 10k account is £2000.

10k refers to the minimum lot size which is a mini lot (10k). So you can trade in increments of 10k (i.e. 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k, 120k, etc.) in the standard 10k account.

-Jason

my personal experience with fxcm has actually been ok. having said that, i haven’t traded with them for some time, since fxopen offer better leverage!

ever since i switched from FXCM to oanda I am making money I opend account with only $50 and now it grew to 72.99 I can do more and the spread are much lower then FXCM if you are serious about this you should check a broker whose spread is low. there is a big difference between a .9 or 1.1 to fxcm 2.6-3.4. FXCM is now nyse listed company there traders is the last thin they really care about its all about how much money they can make. just my opinion.

At the moment i am just testing the excm demo account and I must say for a noob like me their trading platform and charting software is great, very easy to us and loads of functionality.

There is one major problem putting me off using these guys for my live account, “their SPREADS” even on the majors I havent seen a spread drop below 2.0 rarely below 2.5 most spreads on majors are 2.6 upto 4.0 and from even my very limited experience this does seem high, do others agree?

Ya, I am currently trying to switch out of FXCM. The spreads you quoted aren’t too bad but they can be better. One bad thing that FXCM is that spreads can jump from those 2.0 - 3.0 spreads to even 10+ pip spreads instantly. I like scalping and FXCM is making it hard to make real amounts of money.

Hey Dunn

I am planning on playing the scalping game myself, what brokers you been looking at to move to?

Check out the ECN account from FinFX.

On CMFX, at the end of the 7days trading I can take my money but they have sent me a email where it’s says that I have to pay 300$ for a brokerage maintenance fee. Is this safe?
Please, if anyone know text me here! Thanks a lot.