Your thoughts on BITCOIN

Is Bitcoin kill guys? JP guy said it is scam

Yeah I saw that too and I cannot say I don’t agree. The article is interesting :wink:: Bitcoin is a fraud that will blow up, says JP Morgan boss | Technology | The Guardian

However, the banker [JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon]
revealed his daughter had bought bitcoin:
“It went up and she thinks she’s a genius now."

-- from the Guardian article posted by eyedfondue --

So, Jamie Dimon has spooked the bitcoin market, giving his daughter a good buying opportunity

1 Like

what we are seeing is what happens when governments get involved or interfere with the free market. Can you imagine what would happen to home prices in the US if the government gave all Realtors 30 days to shut. This is example why we should all oppose any expansion of government in our own countries, only vote for candidates that run on a limited government platform.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2017-09-14/bitcoin-falls-amid-china-cryptocurrency-crackdown-video

Reminds me of the Tulip Mania in 1637?

Lets play a game of spot the difference…Ready, Steady and GO!!

Looks familiar???

1 Like

What a difference a few hours make, first chart is from this morning, Market cap below $100 Billion , second chart is a few min, ago, market cap back above $125 billion, that is a +25% change in about 7 hours.

Also keep in mind that JP Morgan has a somewhat competing program, called Quorum, based on Ethereum. Not consumer focused like BTC.

And there’s the same Jamie Dimon, just a couple days ago, stating “I’m not saying go short… Bitcoin can go $100,000 a bitcoin before it goes down, so this is not advice on what to do…” So a fraud, but could hit $100K.

Where will the Chinese holders of bitcoin go now? Hold until the exchanges return, whenever that is?

That chart reminds me of the SPX.

Is there really so little interest in Cryptocurrency on this sight, This is a market that has seen a 50% increase in market cap over the last 2 weeks, Anyone willing to risk their money in the high risk market of FOREX should have no problem with throwing a few dollars into Bitcoin or Ethereum , then sit back and watch the show

Thoughts and comments are welcome

[quote=“Dennis3450, post:39, topic:57918, full:true”]
Is there really so little interest in Cryptocurrency on this site? This is a market that has seen a 50% increase in market cap over the last 2 weeks, Anyone willing to risk their money in the high risk market of FOREX should have no problem with throwing a few dollars into Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sit back and watch the show

Thoughts and comments are welcome [/quote]

Cryptocurrencies and craft beers

The November issue of Modern Trader magazine has just come out in digital format. The print version will come straggling into our mailboxes sometime in the next couple of weeks.

The first thing I read in this (or any) magazine is the Table of Contents, in order to prioritize my reading. Today this caught my attention: Crytocurrencies and craft beers by James Grant, editor of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer.

In my experience, you can take most of what Jim Grant says straight to the bank. So, as a beer-tippler and bitcoin-dabbler, how could I not read his article on craft beer and “craft money”?

I would post a direct link to that article, if Modern Trader hadn’t made it virtually impossible to do. In order to share it with you, I have only two choices:

1. either copy-and-paste the whole article into this thread (with apologies to Modern Trader for violating their prohibition against such activity), or

2. direct you to the Mickey-Mouse procedure of subscribing to the magazine, and then downloading the Zinio Reader where they plant their digital version

I’m seriously considering choice #1.

If I choose to go that route, I’ll copy-and-paste the article here.

In the meantime, the gist of Grant’s article is that the craft beer market has grown dramatically, but individual craft breweries are cannibalizing each other’s market share. And Grant anticipates that the “craft money” market will follow a similar “arc” as it continues to grow.

with 1,145 cryptocurrencies and more on the way, at some point the number has to contract, In the year 1920 there was about that many Auto manufactures, Unless you are in to super high risk speculation, stick to the top 10 by market cap

As promised, copied-and-pasted from Modern Trader magazine –

1 Like

It seem that cryptocurrencies is having some trouble with China. I have a question, would someone as fickle minded like DONALD TRUMP endorse something like virtual cash?
1.If he doesnt support it is pretty much the end for bitcoin.
2. If he does support, that really put bitcoin future into a state of mercury.
In a nutshell, trading bitcoin is not risky but dangerous.

Trading it is much more wise than owning some just buy all the dips it seems to recover made some money out of this…

Bitcoin price hits above $5000, this is probably the new high

Hi all,
I have been on this forum and read all your thoughts about bitcoin,
Today I would like to share my thoughts on bitcoin, Bitcoin The Crypto currency is at its peak these days, it has been crossing all its heights and is setting way too higher standards for it. It has been growing rapidly would and current price has reached to $5226 on CoinDesk Bitcoin Price index.I believe it can go to $6000 easily and in fact there are rumors it can potentially go to more highs of $100,000 in next few years

The cryptocurrency dropped to a low of $2,980 in mid-September on the news China had banned token sales and that local cryptocurrency exchanges would shut in the aftermath. However, in subsequent days, bitcoin’s price quickly regained, reportedly due to a pick-up in trading volumes in Japan, South Korea and other markets.

Bitcoins have been increasing each and every day and if reports or the rumors are to believed then it can touch 10K. And the pace at which it is going it doesn’t look impossible with 5200 already been achieved.

• The price of bitcoin hit an all-time high of $5,167.90
  • This was above the cryptocurrency’s previous all-time high of $5,013.91 hit on September 2
  • Speculation that China could reverse the ban of cryptocurrency exchanges is driving sentiment
    Here the full article on CNBC: Bitcoin leaps to record above $5,300

Pulling back some now put was up over 12%, Litecoin is having a pretty good day too but nowhere near its all-time high like bitcoin