Your thoughts on BITCOIN

I’ve tried a couple different, Coinbase (GDAX), Bittrex, Kraken, Poloniex, Bitfinex, Coinspot to handle various cryptocurrency transactions. I’m just buying and holding, not actively trading them. What you end up using might depend on where in the world you live, what kind of protection you’re hoping to have for your deposits, and what kind of security your exchange provides. In the US, Coinbase is the biggest exchange I think, It just recently got valued at $1.6 billion USD. And they insure your fiat currency through the FDIC, while also storing the majority of customer funds offline.

If you were asking about forex brokers, sorry, no help there.

I had a friend who got into BTC back in 2014 when price was hovering around $800 USD. Over the course of the next 12 months, price dropped into the low to mid $200s. I don’t imagine anything like that will happen again, but know that there are still some very smart folks out there who think BTC is in a bubble, just waiting to explode.

I don’t share that thinking, but think about the possibilities of diversifying to other cryptos or just being content to lose it all in the event of something like a bubble bust.

In the last 6 months alone, the value of Bitcoins has more than tripled. What was originally a very exciting look at future trading has begun to scare the hell out of me, because whenever an asset jumps that high that fast, it’s only a matter of time before the bottom falls out and anyone who has invested significant funds in Bitcoins could be left high and dry.

Bitcoin is still just getting started and has already seen many run ups and busted bubbles, and it keeps going up. at a market cap of 70 billion, it is less the 10% of Apple, this thing has a long ways to go.

I know I’m wrong, or will be proven wrong. But I hate it. I think it is stupid and dumb, and if you lose your money you deserve it.

Now let me get back to packing these Tulip Bulbs.

The Only Buying Bitcoin With Dennis’s Money VIPER

1 Like

Kim Jong-Un (alias Fat Face) is accumulating bitcoin. But, he ain’t buyin’ 'em.

Here’s a Bloomberg article, re-posted on msn.com

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/north-korea-is-dodging-sanctions-with-a-secret-bitcoin-stash/ar-AArJ5Cu?li=BBnb7Kz

1 Like

Hey dude, of course not, this is all lies, slander against our “Dear Leader” :wink:

The Ever Loyal To Alpha VIPER

Is Bitcoin kill guys? JP guy said it is scam

Yeah I saw that too and I cannot say I don’t agree. The article is interesting :wink:: Bitcoin is a fraud that will blow up, says JP Morgan boss | Technology | The Guardian

However, the banker [JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon]
revealed his daughter had bought bitcoin:
“It went up and she thinks she’s a genius now."

-- from the Guardian article posted by eyedfondue --

So, Jamie Dimon has spooked the bitcoin market, giving his daughter a good buying opportunity

1 Like

what we are seeing is what happens when governments get involved or interfere with the free market. Can you imagine what would happen to home prices in the US if the government gave all Realtors 30 days to shut. This is example why we should all oppose any expansion of government in our own countries, only vote for candidates that run on a limited government platform.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2017-09-14/bitcoin-falls-amid-china-cryptocurrency-crackdown-video

Reminds me of the Tulip Mania in 1637?

Lets play a game of spot the difference…Ready, Steady and GO!!

Looks familiar???

1 Like

What a difference a few hours make, first chart is from this morning, Market cap below $100 Billion , second chart is a few min, ago, market cap back above $125 billion, that is a +25% change in about 7 hours.

Also keep in mind that JP Morgan has a somewhat competing program, called Quorum, based on Ethereum. Not consumer focused like BTC.

And there’s the same Jamie Dimon, just a couple days ago, stating “I’m not saying go short… Bitcoin can go $100,000 a bitcoin before it goes down, so this is not advice on what to do…” So a fraud, but could hit $100K.

Where will the Chinese holders of bitcoin go now? Hold until the exchanges return, whenever that is?

That chart reminds me of the SPX.

Is there really so little interest in Cryptocurrency on this sight, This is a market that has seen a 50% increase in market cap over the last 2 weeks, Anyone willing to risk their money in the high risk market of FOREX should have no problem with throwing a few dollars into Bitcoin or Ethereum , then sit back and watch the show

Thoughts and comments are welcome

[quote=“Dennis3450, post:39, topic:57918, full:true”]
Is there really so little interest in Cryptocurrency on this site? This is a market that has seen a 50% increase in market cap over the last 2 weeks, Anyone willing to risk their money in the high risk market of FOREX should have no problem with throwing a few dollars into Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sit back and watch the show

Thoughts and comments are welcome [/quote]

Cryptocurrencies and craft beers

The November issue of Modern Trader magazine has just come out in digital format. The print version will come straggling into our mailboxes sometime in the next couple of weeks.

The first thing I read in this (or any) magazine is the Table of Contents, in order to prioritize my reading. Today this caught my attention: Crytocurrencies and craft beers by James Grant, editor of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer.

In my experience, you can take most of what Jim Grant says straight to the bank. So, as a beer-tippler and bitcoin-dabbler, how could I not read his article on craft beer and “craft money”?

I would post a direct link to that article, if Modern Trader hadn’t made it virtually impossible to do. In order to share it with you, I have only two choices:

1. either copy-and-paste the whole article into this thread (with apologies to Modern Trader for violating their prohibition against such activity), or

2. direct you to the Mickey-Mouse procedure of subscribing to the magazine, and then downloading the Zinio Reader where they plant their digital version

I’m seriously considering choice #1.

If I choose to go that route, I’ll copy-and-paste the article here.

In the meantime, the gist of Grant’s article is that the craft beer market has grown dramatically, but individual craft breweries are cannibalizing each other’s market share. And Grant anticipates that the “craft money” market will follow a similar “arc” as it continues to grow.

with 1,145 cryptocurrencies and more on the way, at some point the number has to contract, In the year 1920 there was about that many Auto manufactures, Unless you are in to super high risk speculation, stick to the top 10 by market cap

As promised, copied-and-pasted from Modern Trader magazine –

1 Like