Forex Growth Bot

I took the plunge and started testing this also. I have standard bot(no add on) its running on MT4 (thinkforex)demo. It’s been running since 1/16/11 4:00CT. Today so far, it fired off 1 trade for -52.60.
I had Forex Growth Bots live statement up and noticed it shows the same trade and entry price as mine, but when they closed the trade out, I manually stopped mine for bigger loss than theirs. The bot kept me in the trade after theirs stopped out.I am not sure why theirs stopped out and mine did not. Any thoughts?

I noticed in this thread some had more trades this morning than forexgrowth’s or me. I dont see a way to change SL or TP in standard edition. I am also running default 5,60,2.0 Inputs on a 15min EURUSD pair… Another thing, I am running the custom indicator that came with it on same chart. it’s defaults settings are 3,50,1.5 . The indicator shows more buy/sell arrows than was traded. Any thoughts on why defaults are different?

myfxbook.com/members/fxgrowthbot/forex-growth-bot/71611
Live statement from their web page

myfxbook.com/portfolio/growthbot/77797
my live statement

Hi:

I am new to this forum, you seem to be doing great with this robot. Can you please tell what your initial deposit was? Thanks

Extra question that i forgot: are you using a live account or a demo account?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi:

sorry you can forget this question, found out what your balance was, just needs answer to my other question please, thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Johnny:

Seems that you have quite a lot of trades per day.
Found an other test here:

mt4i.com/users/frr_growthbot/

it’s showing a lot less trades per day, any idea why?

Thanks

As far as I know I have one more trade than Eugene. I winder if you are mistakingly taking my updates as new trades??? I have 2 of the 3 trades open from last week and one new trade today which is still open.

I will go through and count the totals and see if it jives with the link you posted.

okay so far I have 11 closed trades and 2 still open for a total of 13 trades so far this year

I took the plunge and started testing this also. I have standard bot(no add on) its running on MT4 (thinkforex)demo. It’s been running since 1/16/11 4:00CT. Today so far, it fired off 1 trade for -52.60.
I had Forex Growth Bots live statement up and noticed it shows the same trade and entry price as mine, but when they closed the trade out, I manually stopped mine for bigger loss than theirs. The bot kept me in the trade after theirs stopped out.I am not sure why theirs stopped out and mine did not. Any thoughts?

I noticed in this thread some had more trades this morning than forexgrowth’s or me. I dont see a way to change SL or TP in standard edition. I am also running default 5,60,2.0 Inputs on a 15min EURUSD pair… Another thing, I am running the custom indicator that came with it on same chart. it’s defaults settings are 3,50,1.5 . The indicator shows more buy/sell arrows than was traded. Any thoughts on why defaults are different?

Forex Growth Bot System by fxgrowthbot | Myfxbook
Live statement from their web page

Error | Myfxbook
my live statement

I am running 5,60,2 as well. AS for the sl difference the only thing I can think of is maybe the difference between live feed and demo on think forex server??? As for the indicator I don’t know I have not looked at it on a chart.

BTW welcome to babypips quad80 and billtornade. This is a great place to hang out.

Bill as far as your questions. I am using a live fxopen account and this one has about $200 on it. I opened it for testing with $50 and she just keeps growing :smiley: (not all FGB)

I am excited to add money to the account and trade 1k and see what she can do but I am a little concerned with fxopen because I have no experience with them. I had heard that some people have had there accounts closed and there initial deposit given back for winning to many trades??? But then I don’t really know the truth because I suspect they were using software that exploits fxopen’s price feed???

Anyway I digress. I also wanted to mention the account at the beginning of this thread is Eugene’s (FGB’s Creator).

I notice Eugene has 17 total trades all closed and I have 13 2 in which are still open but I will have to double check that??

The trade we had that the lots got doubled on was closed on his account at +80 but mine is still open at +119 atm??? I don’t know why I will have to really look at this and compare results. He must have his optimized a little different or something? another trade he has closed at +38 where mine is +158 and still running. And yet another he took a small loss (almost break even) and mine closed -68 which btw I just noticed so…

EU short @1.3268 closed @1.3336 -68
and then opened a EU short @ 1.3306 still open currently +28

I also notice he had a long closed for a small loss and the short @ 1.3306 is not on his account.

This goes to show you guys/gals that this bot is definatly broker sensitive.

It is worth to mention that different brokers has different data feeds so when you and/or I have a trade and the creator does most likely it is because of the data feed.

Green

Hey Johnny, Thanks for the welcome and look forward to share info. My trades will be published live at link above, for people to see.I think my SL is different because I had to restart MT4 during my License key update. I should have waited.I read on a forum that GrowthBot will stop monitoring SL.At that point it would have to be manual to stop. I will try and find quote and publish here. I am going to look into putting this on a vps for my Internet connection is sometimes a miss. Thanks for clarify on defaults. Jim

1 trade today on Eugenes account:

buy 0.04
eurusd
*****open 1.33339
*****close 1.33051

P/L: -11.52

Hey Jim a vps is a must if you think you will lose your connection at any point. I noticed a couple of things first I don’t see tp’s or sl’s on FGB and also when I check into global variables I don’t see anything either. This plus the fact that there is no magic number leaves me to wonder how does FBG manage the trade??? So to be on the safe side I definatly think it is a good idea to leave her running nonstop.

okay guys here is a total list of my trades thus far…

1.05.2011 short 1.3167 closed 1.3099 +68
1.05.2011 short 1.3135 closed 1.3170 -35
1.06.2011 short 1.3057 closed 1.2926 +151
1.06.2011 short 1.3034 closed 1.2966 +68
1.06.2011 short 1.3019 closed 1.3003 +16
1.07.2011 short 1.2949 closed 1.2992 -43
1.12.2011 short 1.2983 closed 1.3004 -21
1.12.2011 short 1.2978 closed 1.3004 -26
1.13.2011 long 1.3246 closed 1.3397 +151
1.13.2011 long 1.3284 closed 1.3337 +53
1.14.2011 long 1.3398 closed 1.3434 +36
1.14.2011 short 1.3434 still open currently +151
1.14.2011 short 1.3393 still open currently +110
1.14.2011 short 1.3393 still open currently +110
[I]I listed this trade twice because FGB did double lots for some reason[/I]
1.12.2011 short 1.3368 closed 1.3295 +73
1.17.2011 short 1.3268 closed 1.3336 -68
1.17.2011 short 1.3306 still open currently +22

totals: +423
floating p/l +393
totals

Very impressive so far. I will for sure be watching this thread.

EA’s/Bots to me are a little iffy. I would love to be able to make money on autopilot, however I have always been told “you have to study, pay your dues, put your time in, etc…” in order to be a professional trader. “there is no easy way” & “those programs only make the company rich off suckers like you”… so I stayed away & spend a lot of time studying.

Anytime I see something like this I am VERY skeptical… but the proof is in the pudding so they say.

I almost bought a different program the other day for about the same price… eddie richter’s neural blah blah something who ha… but passed for reasons stated above.

So if something like FGB is legit then it is well worth the money… Even if it stops working & you catch it soon enough… 20 pips net is still profitable.

Still trigger shy though.

Very impressive so far. I will for sure be watching this thread.

EA’s/Bots to me are a little iffy. I would love to be able to make money on autopilot, however I have always been told “you have to study, pay your dues, put your time in, etc…” in order to be a professional trader. “there is no easy way” & “those programs only make the company rich off suckers like you”… so I stayed away & spend a lot of time studying.

Anytime I see something like this I am VERY skeptical… but the proof is in the pudding so they say.

I almost bought a different program the other day for about the same price… eddie richter’s neural blah blah something who ha… but passed for reasons stated above.

So if something like FGB is legit then it is well worth the money… Even if it stops working & you catch it soon enough… 20 pips net is still profitable.

Still trigger shy though.

You are very wise to be skeptical. The truth is there is no “easy” way. You should definatly know how your ea is trading and what is going on. There are tons and tons of crap out there. Once in awhile I will take a chance but I know what Im in for. It just so happens the last ea these guys developed was awesome and they have a live real money account with investor access so it feels a little more transparent than the bs statements that others post on there sites. So with the proven (not faked) history + other decent products + 60 money back guarentee made it a risk worth taken for me. So I will continue to test her live and very soon I am going to step up my equity and watch her go.

That is the real risk, its not the $97 or whatever its the possiblity of losing your real money. Anyway I’m glad your hear feel free to post any questions you may have and by all means go through the school here. It is a great starting point because in all honesty nothing on earth can beat a good live trader who knows his $hit. But having said that some of us can’t be in front of our charts all day either so I accept less performance in place of excess chart time.

Its like they say its better to get a little piece of the pie than no pie at all you know what I mean?

Hi All,

I got a reply from FGB team about adding manual SL TS and TP and it definitly not stop the robot from managing the trade.

So on my side I have added on each trade a SL at -200 pips and a BE at +20 pips. Since I do not use a VPS and I still do not understand how SL and TP are managed I prefer to protect myself from bad surprise :wink:

Hi johnny:

I was refering to the account you posted at the very beginning of this thread (account detail below) for which there are way more than 11 closed trades. But perhaps the “live” account you are refering to is a different one, am I off base here?

:slight_smile:

1. Download A Copy Of Meta Trader from think forex
    Forex Trading, CFD Trading, Metals Trading | ThinkMarkets
  2. Click File -> Login
  3. Enter username: 1151607 and password: eug321
  4. Then choose Server: ThinkForex-Live and click Login.

I was refering to the account you posted at the very beginning of this thread (account detail below) for which there are way more than 11 closed trades. But perhaps the “live” account you are refering to is a different one, am I off base here?

:slight_smile:

1. Download A Copy Of Meta Trader from think forex
    Forex Trading, CFD Trading, Metals Trading | ThinkMarkets
  2. Click File -> Login
  3. Enter username: 1151607 and password: eug321
  4. Then choose Server: ThinkForex-Live and click Login.

The account you are referring to does not belong to me. That came directly from forexgrowthbot website and it belongs to Eugene.

My account is not published in this thread.