The Silent Sniper pre-release testing

Hi all. In this thread I will be testing a new EA not yet been released.

The test will last until the end of February. I believe there are more people testing it at the same time and I encourage them to also post here. I would also like to encourage the developer to participate to it.

To start with, I have set up a demo account with GKFX, a UK spreadbetter trading the equivalent of microlots (£0.10 per pip). The balance is £5,000. Trading should start on 23/01/2012
My intention is to move to real money testing if the initial results are good.

The EA is run from a VPS from Netcetera, also based in the UK, on 24/5

The Demo is shared with another test I am doing, Fast Forex Millions and therefore if anyone wants to do some analysis, you will have to use magic numbers and custom analysis on myfxbook. I will regularly post here some screenshots.

The developer has been so kind to give me a remote session on the inner workings of the Silent Sniper and I must say I liked it.

In this test the EA will be trading off H1 charts of:
EURJPY
EURUSD
GBPJPY
GBPUSD
USDCAD
USDCHF
USDJPY
AUDUSD

Taking all the RAM of my VPS…:53: hence the sharing…

Let the show begin :53:

Hi Everyone,

I am the developer of the EA, as Tradingshed has said, the EA is pre-release and testing it still happening but showing good inital signs when I have tested. I have 6 people testing on demo accounts and I am also testing it on a real account.

Live account - TheSilentSniper System | Myfxbook (EA start date 19th Jan)
Demo Account - TheSilentSniper - Test System | Myfxbook
*** There was an issue with the EA resulting in multiple USDCAD trades opening and closing that shouldn’t have been due to a magic number issue in the EA which has now been resolved. ***

As the testing happens, I will do remote sessions with the testers and tweak the EA as needed, to improve it even more.

Please post questions/comments/suggestions.

And thanks to the testers.

Thanks Tradingshed for setting this thread up.

I have loaded this EA up on my demo account. Set up was v easy even for a numpty like me. One thing I haven’t been able to figure out though is how to create magic numbers for the EA as the box seems not to be there in the inputs tab. Here is a link to my myfxbook page, if I can get magic numbers for this EA it will make separating out the performance of these EAs much easier.

Looking forward to test driving this.

GFXT System | Myfxbook

Candlesurfer, well done on setting up :wink:

Magic numbers will be automatically assigned once the Ea starts trading.

What pairs & timeframes are you trading?

Spotdespot is one of my other testers who has kindly setup his myfxbook - Sproule Test System | Myfxbook

okay I’m on board too. I haven’t had the time to download it yet but I will. This weekend has been suprisingly busy and being hung over all day today hasn’t helped much :smiley: Guess I’m getting old.

Anyway I am excited to test this and see what happens.

hehe - it was a big achievement for me!
ok, i will look out for those magic numbers.

I am running all the pairs on H4 to give a bit of diversity. One question - I know you are a spreadbetter too so did you leave the lot size as default?

I would like to help test this EA - how fo I take part?

Very good, let’s see how different the results are.

One question - I know you are a spreadbetter too so did you leave the lot size as default?

I left as defult which, of course, for me means 10 times less a standard account, I am currently trading microlots (£.010 per pip)

I think it is enough that you have mentioned it here. If aidysproule needs more testers he will probably contact you now

I’m also happy to help test out this EA. What is the best way to get involved?

Thanks for the offers for extra testers but I have 6 testing which is enough for now.

Once this EA is completed, I have plans to developer a scalper but I will be posting for testers when that time comes.

Thanks.

I noticed tradingshed has had a few USDCAD trades today and you have one running Adrian - I haven’t had any. There isn’t anything I need to do bar add the EAs to each chart (I added AUSUSD H1 100 pip TP too now) is there? It doesn’t need the 100EMA on the chart?

Could just be price feed I guess but minor feed differences I wouldn’t expect to make much difference to the mechanics of this EA so just checking I haven’t missed anything. The EA is currently displaying Price Per Pip and Max Loss on the charts (although these seem to be odd figures displayed - EU for example says Price Per Pip: 0.010 and Max Loss: 6:00). As I misclicked and set up a 500k demo account (:29:), lot size for the 1%/100 pips I have set up for each pair is pretty big and therefore I would expect price per pip and max loss to be pretty big but maybe I am not understanding the screen info?

Cheers,
Dave.

I think it might be good if all the testers posted their stats here so that anyone can scroll back and have a look in case of differences.

Broker: GKFX UK (Market Maker type)
Demo
AC Size: GBP£ 5,000
Leverage: 100:1
AC Type: Spreadbetting (microlots equivalent)
EA Settings: 100 pip take profit on all pairs.
Timeframe: H1
Pairs: EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY, AUDUSD
Running on VPS, Broker location:UK, VPS location:UK

If you can think of anything else, PM me and I will edit the post.

Good idea TS
Broker: FXPrimus (ECN account supposedly :5:)
Demo
Account Size $500k - whoops…
Leverage 500:1
EA Settings: 100 pip TP for larger moving pairs (EU/GU/EJ/AU), 0 TP i.e. stop with the 100EMA for the rest
Not running on VPS but good internet connectivity and running 24/7 - UK

EDIT: As different magic numbers are created on different timeframes I have added all pairs with 100 pip TP on H4 charts as well. Once some trades are taken I will manually edit the correct magic number descriptions on MyFXBook so it is clear which are which.

Broker: Alpari UK
Real
Account Size £100
EA Settings: 100 pip TP
VPS with easyspace.com (also known as virtualservers.com) - DISASTER of a VPS but tied in for 3 months

Broker: Alpari UK
Demo
Account Size £10000
EA Settings: 100 pip TP
My laptop

Real account

Demo account

Tim here, I’ll be lurking for your results!

Broker: AlpariUK
Demo
AC Size: GBP c. £1,000 (running with other EAs so account didnt start exactly at 1k.
Leverage: 100:1
AC Type: Spreadbetting
EA Settings: set to 0 take profit on all pairs so should use 100ema as stop loss.
Timeframe: H4
Running on VPS, Broker location:UK, VPS location:UK

I left as defult which, of course, for me means 10 times less a standard account, I am currently trading microlots (£.010 per pip)

sorry to be dim but the default in my eas is 0.1, so for spreadbetting (microlots in american) should I be changing to 0.01?