Best broker for a newbie?

Does anybody have any good recommendations on where to open a demo account with a broker? I tried a search but nothing really came up. I’m a recent college graduate and want to start investing my money properly. Don’t want to get burned too badly by brokers. If anybody has any good places to go, I’d greatly appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Try with ACM USA.

They have 4 different plarforms and very good customer service.

i still haven’t got a live account, cos i’m still wandering, i think the chart of fxsol is good 2 me, but people say their slippage is terrible. and often connection-broken, but i still love the chart. Ib gets the highest mark, but i don’t have enough money 2 b with them. cms is ok but few people know it,besides their capital is not strong. oanda has a high speaking,but their platform is so…black&white. i feel like being in the stone-age everytime i operate the platform…i don’t know at all…

I would just demo with a few. There’s a lot to weigh in when choosing your broker, and the first step is to figure out your style of trading and your needs. Are you a day trader, swing trader, or long term trader? Do you need complex charts or not? Do you need news feeds? hedging? There’s a lot to weigh in.

I suggest checking out the BabyPips.com Broker guide (How to Choose a Forex Broker - BabyPips.com), learn, demo, then come back to ask more specific questions when you have a bit more experience.

I agree… Ask yourself these questions first and do checkout Babypips’s guide for finding your broker…

I guess what makes you choose the best broker is the comparison. The broker section on this site is pretty helpful. I was saying before that I used it just to get my nose wet on what were the most used and best rated brokers and I stumbled with some good ones as Tradeview and Oanda. But only your criteria will lead you to make the best choice.

Search this forum. You’re not the first to ask that question.

You can try with Kerford Investments. They offer tight spreads and uses MT4 platform.

You should only be choosing from the best capitalised. Ignore some of the spammers above - you’ve only realistically got a choice of about 5 if you’re sticking with retail.

Do your homework.

The safest choice is the Swiss broker ac-market. They have a limited risk system with stop-loss orders to prevent you from losing more money that you established. It is very efficient; it has worked for me every time. Thumbs up for acm & GOOD LUCK!

hi i trade with acm as well!

After about 10 months with them, I have to say that they are a fair broker. I always get a good fill and have made some good profits with them.

I am very happy with them!!:):):slight_smile:

I can read here, and on other forums, as well, that payment…withdrawl of your money and profit, could be huge problem with some brokers. How I can be sure that I will not have that kind of troubles?

For now I’m practising some demo acc with any broker that I can hear( read) on forums, but I still have doubts…I’ll give my money to someone…and then what???

I’ve read that maybe it’s a good way to deposit a little at first, and to try to withdrawal…but I want to have a restful sleep at night.
I’m sorry if there is an answer on this forum somewhere else, but this topic looks the right place for me to ask that question.
Thanks and good luck wih your trades

I have recently opened a demo account with profiforex for a practice and as time goes on I will open a micro account with them also. I do not know more about other brokers but this one was recommended to me.

Thanks, you can read about a lot of good brokers everywhere on the net…it’s good for you when you have recommendation from someone who already have some experience.

Hello

you need to find a ECN no dealing desk broker

Most of the brokers allow you to open account but those accounts are not permanent unless you open a live one.

btw take time to be graduate from the pipsology Institute, this site provides one of the best training i have seen online

cheers

Erik

Look, man, at first you need to understand what’s the difference between DD, NDD, STP and ECN.

DD - Dealing Desk: A dealing desk broker is a market maker. Market makers typically offer fixed spreads and may elect to quote above or below actual market prices at any time. Market makers are always the counterparty of the trader, who doesn’t trade directly with the liquidity providers. Market makers get paid through the spreads, and they usually also take the opposite trades of their clients prior to covering themselves (or not) with regards to the liquidity providers.

NDD - No Dealing Desk: An NDD forex broker provides direct access to the interbank market; it can be an STP or STP+ECN broker (see below for STP and ECN broker definitions). With a genuine No Dealing Desk broker, there is no requoting of prices, which means that you can trade during economic announcements without any restrictions. The spreads offered are lower, but they are not fixed, so they can increase significantly when volatility is increasing during major economic announcements. An NDD broker can either charge a commission on each trade or choose to increase the spread.

STP - Straight Through Processing: In STP mode, transactions are fully computerised and are immediately processed on the interbank market without any broker intervention.

ECN - Electronic Communication Network: ECN brokers provide and display real-time order book information (featuring the orders that were processed and the prices offered by banks on the interbank market). They thereby improve market transparency by providing information to all market participants. ECN brokers usually make their money by charging a commission on the traded volume. With ECN brokers, all transactions are directly processed on the interbank market in No Dealing Desk mode.

Almost every trader will advise you to trade with NDD or ECN brokers, and they are right.
I trade with 4 different brokers (I have both STP and ECN accounts), they propose different conditions of trading so I don’t know what to propose to you, because I don’t know your trading strategy, I don’t know also what funds you want to deposit etc. You need to tell more about your style of trading and to tell your wishes about your broker.

And my advice to you: it’s better for you to choose regulated broker.

Doesn’t STP’s are best for beginners?

Newbie should stick with a good demo account and good broker since they are very easy to deposit and lose money. A good broker should be regulated, STP/ECNN NDD as Nikoya post. And after a long time trade with demo account, don’t open live account that higher than 50 or 100$, a broker that accept initial deposit small from 1 to 5$ is good broker for newbie since they can practise in live market with a cheap price (can consider it like a fee for trading live). I know 2 broker that offer small initial deposit they are Forex4You (cent account - from $1) and HotForex ($5).

I think you shouldn’t have any problems withdrawing funds from any of the major brokers. Still, make sure that you understand any fee associated with withdrawing options. Good Luck…

Start trade with GreenvaultFX, They are best in Forex Industry with the well known MT4 Platform, I suggest them as a good broker. Let me know if you have any other choices.