How to integrate and connect MT4 and Excel
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How to integrate and connect MT4 and Excel

You can export indicators and prices from MT4 to Excel and execute orders from excel to several MT4s + other cool staff.
    Last edited by PipsyGirl; 06-16-2009 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Link Violation

phil838 is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    He didn't forget to mention it, it was removed by the mods because it violates the rules, just like your post does.

I'd advise people not to buy that anyway, you can get data into excel from MT4 by hitting the "save as" button.

And why would you want to execute orders from excel anyway??
    "The market is weird. Every time one guy sells, another one buys, and they both think they're smart." Ancient Trading Proverb...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Default MT4 to/from Excel

Excellent coomments! True the link was removed. Only links you pay for are accepted here.

I also would not recomend people to buy that unless they read about it and make sure that this is something they really need. Why would you need to trade from excel?!?! Many reasons, perhaps you dont want to have your platform visible on the screen (such as trading from your work place). Maybe you dont know how to code an EA using MQL4 and you wish there was an easier way telling your system to buy eurusd if MA34 is above/below price on Daily and RSI is below 23 on Hourly. Perhaps trading from excel helps you organise your trades better...People have different trading styles and often what fits one does not fit the other. Why is there an IBFX banner on the top of this page....do you really think people need YET another broker?! I would argue that this excel tool will probably serve traders needs better than the presence of another bucketshop banner.

And no...you cant do anything with that CSV file.

Cheers
    Last edited by pipflexl; 06-24-2009 at 07:48 AM.

phil838 is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipflexl View Post
    Why is there an IBFX banner on the top of this page....do you really think people need YET another broker?! I would argue that this excel tool will probably serve traders needs better than the presence of another bucketshop banner.

And no...you cant do anything with that CSV file.

Cheers
    First off, those "bucketshop banners" pay the bills around here. We wouldn't have this free forum or the Babypips School without them, so they are providing a service to all the traders here.

Second, you can do things with that CSV file. I use it all the time. You just save it and open it in excel.
    "The market is weird. Every time one guy sells, another one buys, and they both think they're smart." Ancient Trading Proverb...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Default MT4 to/from Excel by Fxdialogue.com

I understand that the banners help maintain the site and provide content to the forum visitors. However on what merits are they allowed to advertise? On who can afford it or on the usefullness of the product they advertise? I would like to think its the second. I have been a frequent reader of this forum and I have noticed that the admins here do their best to provide quality information.

Regarding the CSV file. Yes, you can use the file to achive few things but I will compare that to trying to build a car engine by accessing the hood and importing the parts through the exaust
    Last edited by pipflexl; 06-30-2009 at 07:54 AM.

Well for newbies like me I think it would greatly help if we can use a platform initially that is easier and less complicated like excel. While I'm sure that advanced users have no problem building their strategies from meta trader, it is not as easy for people new in this business and having excel as a tool would be a great advantage for us in starting out in forex trading.

i agree with tradingnb, excel is a basic tool therefore it can be used and newbies like myself can understand it better.

i've no programming background, and it helps that excel can be used as a platform in meta trader..

thanks for all the comments..will now explore excel in meta trader.. :0

I really appreciate the information you all posted in here, I don’t know why I didn’t see this before, there are very good tips for being a good trader like using excel in meta trader..thanks!

Forum Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast