Why we need more (good) female traders

Wow! Someone more scarce than me.

Nice article!Thank you

Thank you! Do you have a female perspective of

your own to share with us?

Senior female Morgan Stanley trader joins hedge fund less than a year after promotion - eFinancialCareers

This made me feel proud of myself as a female trader. Thank you for such great thoughts and inspiration.

“Systematic trading takes the emotion out of trading.
When a trader is forced to sell at a loss, he takes that home with him.
A black box doesn’t care.”

Leda Braga (a.k.a. “Lady Braga”), Ph.D.
CEO of Systematica Investments
as quoted in the 2 Mar 15 issue of [I]Bloomberg Businessweek[/I]
which calls her “the top woman in the hedge fund business”

(and she rides a Ducati Monster 700 motorcycle)

Two articles about Leda Braga — HERE and HERE

Anyone who rides a Ducati (any Ducati) makes me notice :slight_smile:

There goes my bias…

Great article and quote… SUPER FIND, CLINT!

An article from two months ago by the journalist Brianna Valleskey of the American financial media outlet Benzinga, covers ten new finance and trading women professionals that can be found on Twitter:

Benzinga - Actionable Trading Ideas, Real Time News, Financial Insight

Hello traders, you may have heard about this case…

It has come to an end…

We need for female traders, they say women make better traders than men, because they dont let pride get in their way like men do, therefore, they cut their losses short faster than men.

Very interesting thread. I guess each gender has their pros and cons in their way of trading, but I also agree that the presence of more good female traders would balance the scale.

HI. Im Laura. I think women can be different and trade differently.

Thank you, Madinvex, ‘Sweaty’, and FxStrategist!

Yes, each gender has its drawbacks… As a man, I know that I can be too aggressive or confrontational, which

is partly aggravated by that part of the brain that shuts down emotional empathy with the person in front of you. When faced with

a ‘fight or flight’ situation, women can be better than men at diffusing tension… But nobody wants to be stereotyped,

and I know that if I am aggressive it is no use saying that it is ‘because I am a man’: I have to deal with it as a personal

issue, affecting my relationship with people around me at certain times. Equally, women who experience being pushed

aside by more aggressive types (the fact that it happens to be mostly men is not to say that all men are more aggressive)

cannot just blame it on ‘because I am a woman’ but must wonder if there is anything that they can do individually to

not be seen as ‘shrinking violets’ in the workplace…

What my thread is trying to do is to educate myself, and to raise awareness in other forum users, of how much

gender bias is a part of daily life, and how it can affect negatively both men and women; in the trading context,

at certain levels, women fare the worst because the ‘other’ camp (the male camp) has the upper hand historically,

through men linking hands with more men and protecting its own privilege (the ‘old boys’ factor).

I think that it is good to be open about ***ism and negative gender bias because to shove it under the carpet and

say that everything is okay - look, we have one woman CEO in THAT company! - is just not really the way forward…

It would be interesting to hear from women traders here (e.g. ‘Sweaty’) and their experiences of gender bias,

if not in trading then in other places (e.g. going to a car showroom, discussing ‘male’ things with other people,

going for a job and be excluded as the only woman in the office, etc)…

Cheers

Women are more cautious. So they are more likely to win more often but at the same time small sums

The rise of the female trader | City Index

I would be curious to have facts

There are 2 sisters who used to post on here back in 2007-2010 running this series of threads 301 Moved Permanently
They both currently manage/co-manage teams trading large accounts for Middle Eastern & U.S based collective investment funds.

I met Jocelyn & a few of their colleagues for the 2nd time, 1 who regularly posts on this thread 301 Moved Permanently, last weekend & if the female trading population are anywhere near as switched on & smart as that girl then it’s little wonder women are as highly sought after & regarded in the trading/investment community.

She is one very impressive young lady, as by all accounts is her sister Tess.

Thanks for sharing that, Sketcher!!

Glad to see this thread is still alive!

Stopping by to say “hi” :slight_smile:

Why exactly do we need more good female traders? I mean I’m not some ***ist dude who wants men to continue dominating the field. It would be great to get more women into the business and I do believe they are getting into it.

But what exactly does it do for your trading? It won’t make you any better.

Less market crashes and black swans events? Nope, still gonna happen. In the end this business is about making money. That means the women will need to perform. During these types of events liquidity will dry up and it will be a losers game to stick around in the markets with money on the line. When the EURCHF peg was removed, if women dominated the field you think they would still stay in the market only lose money? Nope, they aren’t dumb.

And hell, don’t even get me started with the competition women have with each other. It’s even going on the first time they meet.

It would be great if more women entered the field. But what exactly is the point of this thread? To talk about women coming into the field?