Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Don’t attempt shorting this pair because AUD is among the weakest currency right now in the market. I don’t see you making much profits if you short this pair. You might end up losing what you risk for this trade

There’s been good money shorting this pair for the last 4 months, would you like to expand on your reasoning as I feel the pound is a pretty poor bet itself currently

I’m in. Short at 2.0496.

You surprise me, I thought you’d wait to see if it rose.
I’m just short EurUsd for now, don’t have a lot of faith in the pound

[QUOTE=“eddieb;747423”] You surprise me, I thought you’d wait to see if it rose. I’m just short EurUsd for now, don’t have a lot of faith in the pound[/QUOTE]

I may have jumped the gun. I went in with half my normal position size. I’ll go in the other half if it gets to 2.060.

If true, this piece if scaremongering may just be the start of Camerons battle to avoid a Brexit

EU referendum: PM warns Brexit could bring the ‘Jungle’ to the UK - BBC News

Closed half of position at +150 pips.

Set SL at +100 pips for the other half.

Another nice trade, well done buddy

Closed the second half position for +150 pips. All out of GBP/AUD now. It looks like it just doesn’t want to go below 2.0300.

Will be looking for another test of 2.0500 for another shorting opportunity.

Still have an active short position on GBP/NZD, currently at +60 pips.

Think I might start copying your trades :wink:

You could improve on my performance by entering trades 1 hour after me and exiting 1 hour after me. I wrote that GBP/AUD does not want to go below 2.030 and 1 hour later it is firmly below, LOL.

Closed the GBP/NZD short for +100 pips.

I am in again.

GBP/AUD: Short at 2.0520

GBP/NZD: Short at 2.1864

GBP/AUD: Position #2 Short at 2.0600

Ditto @ 2.0635

Great timing. Also, the bottom just fell off GBP/NZD. What is going on?

Not sure - was trying to figure that out myself too. Most of the main pairs started getting bid except for GBP for some reason. I was short GBP/NZD from 2.19 and just closed out there. Now starting to think I might have closed out too early.

Just hit my SL for +115 pips, nice little ‘scalp’ :slight_smile:

It seems that every time these pairs make a big fast move, they tend to bounce right back almost as fast. I tend to be cautious and take the profits while they are there.

GBP/NZD: Closed position for +100 pips.

GBP/AUD: Closed Position #1 at BE. Holding Position #2, currently at +100 pips.