Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

I’m still in the trade short at 2.0500. I could have closed with 100 pips but I was sleeping. I did not set TP.

USD/CAD: Long at 1.3928

Looks to be in a good support area. It should continue the uptrend as soon as oil prices start going down again. I may buy another position if price gets down near 1.3800.

Position #2: Long at 1.3845

Now I sit and wait for it to go up

Oil price is up on rumors that Russia and OPEC will meet to discuss production cuts. When that meeting does not happen, then oil should go down again which will take the CAD with it. I’m just going to have to hold these positions a little longer than I planned.

Now I won’t miss on my profits.

GBP/AUD: Closed half position at 2.0396 for +104 pips.

SL hit, so I’m now in the strange position of having no trades open

Closed other half position for +120 pips. All out.

Closed with +94 pips leaving 60 pips on the table

That was a good win.

[B]Carney criticised over BoE rate hike confusion[/B]
Have to say I agree with the commentator here

Carney ‘too aggressive’ on interest rate rise threat - BBC News

Well Mr Carney, the pound’s taken a good kicking today, well done!
On the plus side, my mortgage rate is staying at 0.69% interest for a bit longer

Just gone short EurUsd, the climb seems to be running out of steam and I’m looking for medium to long term falls here

Good luck with that trade. I closed a EUR/USD long position yesterday for +210 pips. I had been holding that one since mid December.

I’d settle for that, 210 pips isn’t bad at all, is it

Right now, totally mesmerized. Moves have been made, party and say goodnight until Sunday eve…AMEN

Good article :slight_smile:

I think it is shocking how the big market movers have learnt nothing since 2013 when Carney came into office, talking up the Pound with hints of forthcoming rate hikes, and the Pound soaring to a bubble-licious 1.72, which burst as soon as the markets saw sense… Another year on and we are still wasting words trying to see hints of hope for a BoE hike: most central banks have lost the power to use their tools as effectively as they used to, as the recent cases of the ECB December press conference or the BoJ February rate decision have shown: the markets have too much opportunity to scrutinise and front-run the banks’ words and decisions, which takes away the momentum and surprise that monetary policy could achieve.

The GBP/NZD today took a real beating, down to below 2.17 from a previous week’s comfortable stay above 2.22… With the negative global dairy auction result having had little impact on the Kiwi, and with no rate decisions for RBNZ this month, what could stop the Kiwi rising further, and the GBP/NZD pair dropping further? The only rescue could come from the US Dollar, of course, which has had a really bad run in the last couple of days: unless a miraculously high job data (especially the wage growth component) come out during the NFP release tomorrow, the bid against the Greenback in NZD/USD and other Majors may continue…

A pretty bad week for Dollar and Pound bulls: let us see what tomorrow and next week will bring.

At some point…mind you, an amateur, the global productivity sucks. So, if we all suck, who has the advantage???
Wait, OPEC is soon to announce. Can’t wait!

Almost 100 pips up.

Just gone long UsdCad @ 1.38

EUR/USD rolled over nicely for you.

I closed out my first position on USD/CAD for -150 pips.
Now holding 2 positions at an average entry price of 1.3788.

Is that Long or Short?