Is the next stock market crash imminent?

i shorted dow, u s&p but they move in pairs and r both stock indexes so its the sane thing :smiley: yes i was aswell like “huh i know that trade from somewhere! :D”

no need for luck for both of us were both on the right side for the next few days, luck is only fpr beginners, we are no beginners :smiley:

…look at yesterday’s selling volume bar

on S&P500 (e.mini) Futures:

Impressive…

If this beast keeps falling, there will be

a lot of pips to catch…

Oh my god, turbo! I am up 250 pips on this trade!!!

You must be about the same…

Incredible…

im good :smiley: the entire week was “meeh” but thrusday evening and todaymade even for that.

on my first position i made 330 points, scaled in 4 more times and closed all positions like a hour ago when it was at its low. expecting a retracement of short nature and going to go short again monday or tuesday :smiley:

anyway no need to be greedy im good for this week.

cant wait for next week to go short again. i loovee when things go down, they go down much faster then they go up.

Amazing!!!

Tempted as I may be to grab those 300+ pips today, I decided to stick to my plan to ride this one all the way, though ups and downs…

Well, Turbo!

Are you shorting the S&P500 again?

I stayed short and it fluctuated to +350 profit to just +80 and today

it is back to above +300 as I am typing this…

Quite a day…

Crude Oil is falling, the USD/JPY is BELOW 106.00(!) and the FTSE100 is

back below 6,200…

The DAX is making its way below 10,000 too, which again reinforces

a risk aversion mood…

hey francis,

yes i was thinking of you today when i saw the s&p hitting highs again and was thinking if youre still in the trade.

friday i closed it at perfect time at its best low and took my profit. monday morning i started a small long position which made me like 120 points till the evening but i closed it late so only like 80 points.

Just when i wanted to go short again at the same price where i closed my short on friday it started going up again so skiped the plan.

no unfortunately i did not go short again yet (i should have the same second i closed my long) because i was bit bussy today with work.

in general today i did not se any good entries for any positions not on gold not on oil not on dow/s&p, actualy i saw a good one on oil but missed it due to work (i have to work sometimes at least, sux) but at the moment im very neutral. the bigger trend is up but its really great signs of weakness so im waiting for the price to brake through one of the two red lines to enter positions.

its tricky at the moment, we had Japan having holidays this entire week from monday till thursday so no action from there. its no panic anywhere in sight (unfortunately) but aswell no optimism, so the price could go anywhere from up (dow jones) till 18500 or down to 16500. everything is possible at the moment.

friday and monday were clear up signs, today was a clear down sign. so really undecided market at the moment.

Nice job , Turbo!!!

Well done! :35:

Thank you Jason, and thank you FXCM!

Have you gents looked at the SSI for SPX500 recently?

The ratio of long to short positions in the SPX500 stands at -3.66 as 21% of traders are long. We use our SSI as a contrarian indicator to price action, and the fact that the majority of traders are short gives signal that the SPX500 may continue higher.

[B][U][I]However[/I][/U][/B], the trading crowd has grown less net-short from yesterday and last week. Yesterday the ratio was -4.58 as only 18% of open positions were long. The week before, the SSI reading was -6.85 when less than 13% of trades were long.

Long positions are 19.0% higher than yesterday and 29.9% above levels seen last week. Short positions are 4.9% lower than yesterday and 20.3% below levels seen last week. The combination of current sentiment and recent changes gives a mixed trading bias, but there are signs the tide is turning.

Very interesting, Jason!!

Nice info, thank You Jason!

Francis,

weird things going on this week

oil down, gold down, eur/usd down, dow/s&p down. no hedging against anything anywhere. like its sold out day and all money is beeing drained from all markets. funny stuff.

you are trading forex checkout Eur/usd the resistance of 1,15 seems to be holding, theres a lot of shorting potential in there.

im short on dow again, not sure where its going but going to take a dive with tight money management. will scale in big after brakeout.

Hi Turbo,

yes, I hope you can make some nice Euros with your DowJonesInd.Average short… :slight_smile:

I just posted something here about EUR/USD:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/45308-eur-usd-technical-analysis-newbie-need-confirmed-440.html?posted=1#post763378

Speaking of the Dow,

watch this from 1’48’’ to 2’00’’…so funny :slight_smile:

haha good one :smiley: the daauuuwww

OIL UP
DOLLAR DOWN
S&P CAN’T MAKE A NEW HIGH?

What happened to all the “headwind” arguments?
What happened to all the analysts saying “Oil is too low”. Too low? Yea, b/c the American consumer needs higher gas prices.

The “recovery” was anything but a recovery - it was a rally fueled by artificially low interest rates and QE.
Take away QE, bump interest rates 25BP and the market sells off heavily. FED put in the corner.

CEO’s touting “currency headwinds” - well, here comes a cheaper dollar, let’s see what they try to blame now.

Agreed, Jake, the Fed is in an awful corner…

How are you?

Are those hotel headaches starting to

curb your trading haha

Sorry :slight_smile:

I am still on my S&P500 short and today

my P/L has fluctuated between +350 pips and

+450 pips… Currently it is sitting around +420 pips…

My FTSE100 short is finally returning to its sense

and I am nearly back to breakeven (I opened

short in August 2015 at the first break of 6,000,

perhaps a little optimistically)…

Equities are charging lower: will capital flow

to USD as a safe haven option?

If so, will the Fed finally raise rates further

to attract investment?