Picking Cherries & Apples

Hello, is it possible to pinpoint tops and bottoms with increased accuracy. I believe it is. Here is a very simple system that has proved to be quite profitable for me.

The system requires 3 indicators:

Bolinger Bands (default setting)
-Swing_zz (min bars set to “3”)
-Zee_zee_i

buy entry rules:

When a green Swing ZZ dot appears just OUTSIDE of the Bolinger Bands and the same green color appears on the Zee_Zee_i, wait for a green candle and enter a trade with a tight SL at the Swing ZZ dot.

Sell Entry Rules:

When a red Swing ZZ dot appears just OUTSIDE of the Bolinger Bands and the same red color appears on the Zee_Zee_i, wait for a red candle and enter a trade with a tight SL at the Swing ZZ dot.

I have attached a template and indicators

thanks

indicators.zip (13.7 KB)

cherriesandapples.zip (1.29 KB)

Here are a few trades from today. The systems has a very tight SL .

thanks

Look interesting thanks for sharing, what is your winrate and average RR and how long have you been trading this?

Hello, I have just been trading this for a few weeks but another variation of this system for many months. This system seems to be more profitable so I will continue to develop it and hopefully get the input from members here to see if its truly viable.

Thanks

Hey Blizard, does this work on any TF or just 5MIN?

If any TF do any adjustments need to be made with the indicators?

Hello, the system works on any forex pair and also oil. It works on any time frame from my observations but im an intraday trader so the 5 min chart suits my style.

hi blizzard,

interesting system, thanks for sharing.

One question: you enter when the bearish or bullish candle finishes after the swing point right? So your SL is the difference between the swing point and the close price of the next candle?

And what about the TP? Is it relative to the SL in some way?

Cheers!

Id say its about 65-70% accurate and the risk to reward is usually 1-2. The system is an evolution of another system so its only been a few weeks but looks promising and im sure we can make it even better,

thanks

Thats correct, the dot is the SL and i usually wait till the candle reaches the other extreme of the Boligner Band to exit and take profits.

HEY BLIZARD

I think i got your entry, but any way all was winning trades of 5 pips each, there were 8 trades in all on the GBPJPY so i guess 40pips today with this strat if it was traded today.

Can someone please explain in plain english what the ZZ Swing indicator does? If its just to show the swing hi’s then what advantage is there to using that over just eyeballing it?

Much appreciated

Do you trade one particular session (London, NY, Asian) or do you take trades throughout the entire day?

Also, when there is a red dot and the zzi is red, if the candle closes red, do you take the trade at the open of the next candle or do you wait for the following candle to close red and then take the trade?

I’m attaching a chart with an example. If the candle with the down arrow closed down (white in this case) do you enter at the open of the next candle or do we need to wait for another down candle to close and then enter?

Are you still using your previous system http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42750-simple-almost-naked-dream-date-dream-system.html or are you trading only with this new system ?

Thanks for sharing this system. I look forward to hearing how people fair using this system and if there are improvements to be had.

Hello blizard, that’s a very interesting setup you have. May I ask if it has to be THE NEXT candle with the opposite color or ANY OTHER opposite color candle after the appearance of the dot?

Hi Blizard,
re: your new system, Picking Cherries & Apples, how do you avoid getting stopped out with the ZigZag repainting to deeper pivot points. In the Swing_ZZ method, you avoided that by waiting for the next reverse pivot to paint, making certain the one you’re basing your trade is done repainting. I just threw together an EA with your rules for this one and noticed right away, it can enter a trade, then the candle can immediately reverse, and extend the ZigZag pivot, hitting the stop. It has taken 3 trades so far, and every one reverse and extended the Swing_ZZ pivot to stop out. The system looks great on historic chart, becaues an historic chart never shows the repaint, only the final pivot, so it always looks like the perfect reversal. Only it probably exended itself 4, 5 or more pivot extensions to get there.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

I have just been eyeballing this evening and it potentially seems like if you wait for a certain candle sticks to form (such as a pin or indecision bar) at the same time as the dot outside the BB it looks like it could really help filter the signals

Blizard, thanks for your insight and system.

Here is the ea I made according to the rules as I understand them. The zip file also has the indicators and template zipped in. If you put it on backtest, you can see the repainting and frequent stoploss as it is made currently. Hopefully seeing the result in “compressed time” will help come up with a fix. Regards. Jim.,

Blizard_Cherries_Apples_ea.zip (10.4 KB)

Hey all

ok a few of this morning trades 9 trades posted with tp of 5 pips each, 8 wins 1 loss 35pips total,

there are more trades i did will upload shortly

HEY ALL

OK 4 MORE TRADES ALL WINS WITH 5 PIP TP

MAKING TOTAL FOR TODAY 55PIPS

I HAVE A $1600 with pepperstone and traded $3.00 per pip or 0.30 lot size
total income $165