The IcYcLoUd TrAdInG SySteM

Hi, first and formost, let me introduce myself. !'m 23m living in Singapore. a sunny and high humid small Island. I’m from +8 GMT in world time.

I been trading part time forex for only 2 years. Over the years , i been developing and testing system on making a profitable trade. Due to time contraint and family commitment, i’m unable to log in and check trades everytime leaving me with little time or even unable to trade when the signal arrives, thus i develop a system that require little time and a profitable system. All you need is discipline and perserverance (trust me on this).

I would says that this system is NOT NOT NOT holy grail. Now repeat after me: NOT NOT NOT holy Grail. Got it? Good!

Chart: 4H timeframe. Candlesticks

Indicators you need: Bollienger Bends (BB) (20) (default)
Probalic SAR (PS) (0.02 , 0.20) (default)

Thats all Folks!!!

Now i would go for the signal to entry:

[U]Requirment for LONG Entry[/U]

When the 1st Probalic SAR (PS) dot appears [B][U]BELOW[/U][/B] the bollienger Bends, its time for a long entry.

[U]Requirment for SHORT Entry[/U]

When the 1st PS dot appears [B][U]ABOVE[/U][/B] the bollienger Bends, its time for a short entry.

The reason Why is it above or below the bollegener bends its because we wanted to aviod fake out. There are times when we miss a good trade when the 1st PS dot appears [U][B]INSIDE[/B][/U] the BB bends. I ADMIT THAT!!! lolx :slight_smile:

When to exit?

I personally dont use any SL or TP for this system. During a time when i’m on holiday and is unable to check my account, I having a 400 pips profit locking in. This also means u ride along the thrend. However when losses appear, It wont cost u much pips loss because PS is base on thrend!

Exit

When the 1st PS dot appear [U]oppopsite[/U] side of your trade, u can exit, regerdless of INSIDE OR OUTSIDE of BB.

What makes this system so special?

First of all, Its the simplicity of this system. Its not complicated and extremly friendly. This system require little time and is most suitable for a part time trader in forex. This system will lock in 100+ pips in each trade when in a profitable thrend. Ths system is designed for for holding on for a few days to a few week of trades to maximise the profit from thrend. Furthermore, this system is almost immune to any kind of news. ITS BECAUSE THIS SYSTEM WON THE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE FROM SURVIVOR. :stuck_out_tongue:
Works from those genius are great!! J. Welles Wilder, who invented PS. John Bollinger who invented the BB. When these 2 genius are met, they are transformed into… IcYClOuD!!! Wow, indicator can be a transformers!!! I’m on the bumble bee side. :stuck_out_tongue: Nah… just J/K… LOL…
Remember K.I.S.S

I hope you guys find it useful.
Any modfication or suggestion are welcome.
No flamming pls :slight_smile:

[B][U]For More Advanced/ Experience users[/U][/B]
Refer to this link. Thanks!
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/8433-icycloud-trading-system-5.html#post32207

Best Reg
Chin Liang

Here are some examples.
They says a picture tells a thousand words :slight_smile:

The Major Pairs which works with this system are:

EUR/USD
AUD/USD
USD/JPY
USD/CAD
GBP/USD

The pair which is the least effective in this system are:

USD/CHF

Hi Icycloud, thank you for sharing your work :slight_smile:

Do you have any back/forward test statistics to hand, win rate, average win:average loss, drawdown etc?

In your experience with this, which pair do you find yourself trading the most?

Thanks again and good trading to you.

Hi Cowaboi: I cant provide any details of this as i dont take note of this. As for which pair, i can says almost all the majors are equal. . I’m started an account 5000 dollars on this, and in 4 months time, i’m having a nett total of 23860.16. (Demo traded this system for 4 months)

I’m using 1 standard lot per trade on this.

Hope this helps.

Best Reg
Chin Liang

OK, thanks. Will forward test for a while to get to know better.

• Simon

Hi there, I’m from Sg also =) Just started my forex study 2mths ago, was actually looking at SAR, BB, AO and Ema crossing now. Still on demo now, will give ur method a try and backtest. I like the simplicity of ur method, coz it can be made into EA easier. Keep up the good work! In office now, gotta resume work :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha ha… make sure you finish all those lesson provided free by babypips!!! Its the best!!!

I looked at your system icycloud,I wonder if there would be some way to filter or so to say,add another indicator to catch “some” of those good moves that are missed?

Hi j|mac
I have been trying to include one more indicator that can miss the good trades but with futile result. Let me know if you find it! Thanks

Best Reg
Chin Liang

this is my mail address <[email protected]>
can you please help me with any indicator that i will be using for trading

good job icy…
am just curious on your exit methods, and not using stoploss doesn’t particularly respect the laws of money management.
it seems this is a trend following system, how good is it in a ranging market?

You might try the same set up on a 1 hr chart, would mean more trades and could get you into some of the ones missed by the 4hr chart.
In fact on Cable it looks like the 1 hr chart is a lot better then the 4hr.
Also beware when price is at or outside the BB on 4hr chart seems to be a fairly good place to look for reversals in most cases.

Thanks blackpips… you can put SL if you are comfortable with it dude. :slight_smile:
I’m afraid this system does not do well in a ranging market. I have 5 streak of losses just because of a ranging market, but the losses wont hurt so much because PS is base on trends!

Best Reg
Chin Liang

Hi Droesparky, This system is intended for part time trader for forex, so i use 4 hour time chart to use it. I never tried on 1 hour chart before. However, if it is a profitable system, why not share it with users all over the world? I tried looking for daily and weekly chart it this sytem is more profitable but you trade less too! :slight_smile:

Best Reg
Chin Liang

Hi Simon, how would you go about testing a new system like this?

Is there any application you can use to test it?

I new to this, just trying to learn…thanks…

Hi Geeve, u can d/l a demo account and demo trade yourself. :slight_smile:

Best Reg
Chin Liang

Hi Geeve, just saw your post. If you are talking about back-testing (over years of data) then it ain’t easy, unless you have coding skills that can be applied to either developing your own backtesting software, or picking up a proprietory product’s coding language/syntax…alternatively find someone with backtesting skills and get them to help you…that’s what I generally do.

For forward testing, I use live trading platforms but very small stakes.

heres a very recent example of my system trade at 27 nov till now which iam still holding my trade. I’m stillholding my trade thru :slight_smile: The pair is USD/JPY

Again, a picture tells a thousand words :slight_smile:

Try the adx indicator on default settings and a threshold level of 20. It’ll work well with this system. ADX is underused and is a superior indicator. Ron