MTF Moving Average for FXTSII

Hi Sam and MerchantPrince,

I noticed you both were asking about Multi TimeFrame Moving Averages for FXTSII/Marketscope in the MMTT system - nonbrainer edition thread.

Wanted to let you know the MTF indicator is now available for Marketscope as a custom indicator. I just found this out msyelf and wanted to let you know about it. I have attached the file to this post. All you will need to do is unzip it and then add it to Marketscope through the custom indicator menu.

If you have requests for additional indicators or strategies, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do to have our team code it for you.

For everyone’s general knowledge, here’s a short guide on how to add the custom indicator to Marketscope:

1. Download the Indicator. The indicator is not pre-loaded into Marketscope, so you will need to download the file attached to this post and then add it to Marketscope as a custom indicator. Download the file onto your Desktop or somewhere where you can easily find it later.

2. Add the indicator to Marketscope. Now that you have the indicator downloaded onto your computer, you can add it to the Marketscope. Here are the steps (with image further below):

[ul]
[li]Step 1: In the horizontal menu at the top of Marketscope, click on Insert > Add Indicator
[/li]
[li]Step 2: In the window that appears, click on the Import button at the top right.
[/li]
[li]Step 3: Another window will appear. Click on the Load button and you will be prompted to select the indicator file you downloaded from FXCodeBase.
[/li][/ul]

After you have added the file as a custom indicator, it will now appear in the indicator list.

What is a MTF (multi time frame) Moving Average. This indicators allows you to overlay the moving average from one time period onto another time period. For example, let’s say you like watching the 50 period moving average on the 4 hour chart, but you trade off of the 5 minute chart. What you can do is overlay the 50 period moving average calculated off of the 4 hour chart directly onto the 5 minute chart.

I hope that helps,

-Jason

MF_MA.zip (2.62 KB)

Thx Jason. Much appreciated!

Last November, I posted about the custom MTF moving average custom indicator available for the Marketscope chart inside the FX Trading Station II. I was looking through FXCodeBase.com yesterday and found some more custom indicators I thought everyone would find useful. Below is an overview of 5 new indicators, and you can find the custom indicator file attached to this post:

1. Gross P/L
The Gross P/L indicator will display the Gross P/L for all open positions in a window at the bottom of the chart. This way you can keep track of the profit/loss on all of your positions when viewing one specific chart. In the image below, I have 9 trades open on the demo. I can quickly tell that positions in 5 of the currency pairs traded are in a profit, and 4 of the currency pairs traded are in an overall loss.

See Attachment: GrossPL.zip

2. Movers and Shakers
This indicator shows you which currency pairs or symbols have had the biggest percentage/pip movement for the specified time. For example, I just sit down at my computer and I want to know which symbols have had the biggest move over the past hour, day, week, or month. This indicator gives you that information. The below image is an example of what it looks like. I have sorted all of the information by percentage gain/loss for the day. On the left you have all of the symbols with a percentage gain for the day, and they are in order of largest percentage gain to smallest. On the right you have the symbols with a percentage loss for the day, and the symbols are organized by loss from smallest to largest. The indicator will only calculate the percentage gain/loss for the symbols displayed in the dealing rates window. From the screenshot, you’ll see that oil, gold and silver have the largest gains for today, up nearly 2%. The stock indices have the largest losses for the day at 1%+. And the currencies are in the middle.

See Attachment: Movers and Shakers.zip

3. Display Trading History on Chart
The Marketscope chart will display current trade information and recent historical trade information directly onto the chart. However, the chart will not display all of your historical trading history. The solution is to use the trading history indicator. If you look at the screenshot below, I added the trading history indicator to the USOil chart and it displayed trading history from October 2010 through January 2011. Profitable trades are indicated by a green arrow, and losses are indicated by a red arrow. You can choose to have the trades connected from open to close by a line.

See Attachment: TradingHistory.zip

4. Symbol Correlation
DailyFX releases a currency correlation report which shows how currency pairs move in relation to each other. Instead of waiting for the report to be released, you can use this indicator to quickly identify currency correlations between any currency pairs, and for any time period. In the example below, I have compared the GBP/JPY with the SPX500 which tracks the S&P500 stock index. This is an interesting correlation because the GBP/JPY and equities markets were highly correlated during height of the carry trade. The chart on the left shows the GBP/JPY & SPX500 correlation from 2008-2010, and you’ll notice the correlation was 0.895. A correlation of 1 indicates a strong positive correlation, meaning the two symbols move in tandem. In the next chart on the left, you’ll see the correlation has broken down to -0.207 from 2010 until 2011. A correlation of 0 indicates no apparent correlation, the movements are seemingly random to each other.

See Attachment: SymbolsCorrelation.zip

Edit: Looks like there are some network problems when trying to upload the indicator files. I’ll add them to the post later once the network problems have abated.

SymbolsCorrelation.zip (2.54 KB)

GrossPL.zip (1.15 KB)

TradingHistory.zip (4.62 KB)

Movers and Shakers.zip (3.54 KB)

hellow,
can you please upload the correlation indicator
thx
liron!!

oh,
just read about the problem…
will wait

Hi liron,

Thanks for reminding me! Just realized I never added the indicators to the post. The previous post now contains the indicicators in an attachment to the post.

-Jason

hello Jason’
thx a lot for the repair/
but i got a problem.
i cant see the number witch show the corrlation just the dots.
as well i dont know how to set the time periods?
can u help me?

Hi liron,

Try increasing the size of the symbol correlation area and you will see the correlation coefficient number. For the time periods, they are based on the visible chart times so. If your chart is showing the last 6 hours of price action, then that’s what you will see as the correlation.

Let me know if you have more questions.

• Jason

thank tou Jason.
I will have:)