The 3 Duck's Trading System

Which thread is that? I searched for it but couldn’t find anything?

You could simply click on his username kechel & search his post history.
It’s also currently visible now on the main menu further down the forum in the Melting Pot section…

http://forums.babypips.com/melting-pot/72819-16-candles-58-edsel.html

Thanks Shadowline.

3 ducks given me great signals today

USD/CAD

GPB/USD

AUD/USD

all trades gave a risk to reward 1:2. maybe i get out to early but you will never know, thats the game. :wink:

EUR/USD and USD/JPY are still running with stop loss set on entry

EUR/USD long also closed with 2R profit

USD/JPY taken out as the last one for today (also 2Rprofit)

3 Ducks are doing the right thing today again. 2R in the following markets realized:

AUD/USD:

EUR/USD:

USD/CAD:

I am still in positions at GBP/USD and JPY/USD which have not reached 2R yet. But SL is set on entry.

@wheeler123

May I ask how you are placing / managing your SL and TP on the trades?

GBP also closed at 2R

JPY/USD has been stopped out at entry level in the meantime.

Why didn’t you take the EUR/USD on todays first break of the 60 SMA and previous high?
(That might be around 7 AM at your chart)

At this time i was sleeping! I only enter the market between 8 and 16:30 GMT and will not stay in overnight.

I am working with a volatility stop and 1% risk. if 1R is reached i trail the stop on entry. exit at 2R (2times the risk at entry). If you look at the CAD and AUD charts of today and yesterday it might be to early. 4-6R would have been possible there. I still working on the most valuable exit.

Hello on these charts you showed as success none of show that MA all match up as per the 3 duck method at all.

You can trust me that all MA were in the right order. Due to the fact that the 60sma on 4h basis is too far from the price it is just not visible on the charts. if the 4h sma is visible the bars would be to little and no one could see anything.

Veteran Duck Hunters will be alert to this but for the sake of our rookies … we have the US interest rate decision and statement today - Wed the 29th.

What you could do Pre-Interest Rate Decision & Statement is:

1. Protect open trades - push that stop-loss up to break-even or better (into profit).
2. Adjust profit targets - don’t be too greedy!
3. Sit on hands - thou-shalt-not open any new positions until the dust has settled after the event or even the following day.

Your Two Cents … what’s your fav or what other action(s) could a trader take with open trades Pre-Interest Rate Decision & Statement? Stick your suggestions in the comments.

Safe and profitable trading to you all over the next few sessions,

Andy
Captain Currency

Today AUD/USD, GBP/USD and CAD/USD have been stopped out with 1R loss. EUR stopped out on entry level. JPY/USD long still running…waiting for a potential reentry…

@wheeler123
Why do you have a long trade running on USD/JPY? Have you entered when price broke above the H4-SMA?

I feel your pain. I got stopped out on GBP/USD and CAD/JPY. kinda sucks that today was my first day live trading with the system lol. Thats just the market for you; 3 steps forward 2 steps back.

Oh… I had in my mind, that not only the price is relevant, but also the order of the MAs.
Meaning for Long: M5-SMA > H1-SMA > H4-SMA and vice versa for short. But I’ve checked it up and there isn’t such a rule. My fault.

But I wouldn’t have entered there, because you enter after the break of the H4-SMA, but the entry point should be a break of the M5-SMA.
In my opinion, the order should be:

1. H4-SMA
  2. confirming H1-SMA
  3. Break of the M5-SMA + the last high

In your trade, you have step 3 as the first step. With this, you are risking to buy at the top of the swing.