anyone make 1% daily consistenly?
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: anyone make 1% daily consistenly?

dstanton is offline Newbie

Default anyone make 1% daily consistenly?

I saw the thread on what $1000 compounded can turn into with just 1% gains every day. Has anyone used this form of money management and is it even possible.

Marge is offline Newbie
    when you say compounded over what period you mean - quarterly, semi-annually...daily.....
    if you gain 1% daily over 22 working days gives you more or less 22% monthly (which in my experience with that amount of capital I gain with auto-trading forex on zulutrade).

I was referring to annually. I saw how $1000 can then into six or seven figures in three or four years. No withdrawals, and 1% daily gains.

SanJ is offline Superior Master Contributor and Member
    From what little i know at the moment, it's more or less impossible to find any trader than can last for 3 or 4 years without a single day of a losing trade..

1% ROI could be possible a day, and im sure there are traders who make that and then some, but it all depends on your risk per trade.. But again, you won't find someone who can do it consistently without some drawdowns.. Its part of the business..

Sanj

SimonTemplar is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Indeed, I'd echo that. I am consistently profitable, but I do have losing trades so that means that I do have losing days. I also don't scalp, so am not a particularly high-frequency trader, so there are days when I don't place any trades at all. But over the course of a month I am profitable, over 10% a month, sometimes a lot more.

I would strongly urge you not to get hung up on a daily return; as long as the month is profitable (or even the quarter - the market does occasionally give particularly tough months) then the overall money will come.

ST

Marge is offline Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Indeed, I'd echo that. I am consistently profitable, but I do have losing trades so that means that I do have losing days. I also don't scalp, so am not a particularly high-frequency trader, so there are days when I don't place any trades at all. But over the course of a month I am profitable, over 10% a month, sometimes a lot more.

I would strongly urge you not to get hung up on a daily return; as long as the month is profitable (or even the quarter - the market does occasionally give particularly tough months) then the overall money will come. you have to have a leverage 1:1000 and I dunno any serious broker that will give you that.

ST
    here here !!! very well stated!! scalping is a bad thing to do, unless you are very very good to do so. monthly returns is a better management. but I really doubt in forex trading you can reach this figure you are asking (get 1 mil from 1000 bucks investment ) sounds quite difficult unless you manage to follow some good signals and constantly change the risk and lots attributed.check zulutrade there are some good systems there - some are scalpers, others day-traders - full range as to make a good combined portfolio

SimonTemplar is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marge View Post
    here here !!! very well stated!! scalping is a bad thing to do, unless you are very very good to do so. monthly returns is a better management. but I really doubt in forex trading you can reach this figure you are asking (get 1 mil from 1000 bucks investment ) sounds quite difficult unless you manage to follow some good signals and constantly change the risk and lots attributed.check zulutrade there are some good systems there - some are scalpers, others day-traders - full range as to make a good combined portfolio
    Thank you! Although you threw me by adding a little to my quote at the end... I know nothing about leverage!

ST

Thanks. I've read the threads on the possibility and wanted to know if anyone is actually doing it. I'm new to this and was trying to get some ideas for short/ medium/ and long term goals. Trying to understand what is a reasonable expectation. I appreciate the help.

Buckscoder is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Successful trading is like a business and there is a reason why business reports come out in a quarter and not daily!
    simbafx, Pokrajac, vulgrin and 3 others like this.

Good point

Forum Sponsors
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast