Anyone make 1% daily consistenly?

for the month of january i increased my my account by 340% I’ve been trading for about 8 months now and I have broken every rule in the book and lost a hell of alot along the way for a long time i saw it as very negative and the very successful traders i know have all told me they did it all in the early days. One thing i can say which has elevated my trading is learning about myself, curbing all emotions and becoming highly disciplined. Being emotional will make you become your own worst enemy and not having the discipline you give everything you have made back to the market and more.I learned the very hard way but sometimes in life thats the only way to learn i achieve 150 - 200 pips a day now and have a draw down of no more than 50pip for the day if that happens i wait till the following day to trade.

Are we talking January 2011, or January 2012?

How much risk are you using per trade?

@dgraham85. Let me ask you what time frame(s) do you us?

Im talking as of from January 2012, the risk per trade is no more than 2% of account balance but alot of the time its alot less trades where i will enter manually my stop will be no more than 10 pips entry is the key.

I believe that there are two important elements really important to your trading success,

1. trading system, is your TS works in every different market condition? wheather it’s risk on, risk off, trending, ranging, sideway fakeout, breakout??? take a real good look, you will see what I am talking about.
    If you can answer yes at all market conditions, then, great. You’re all your way to Financial freedom. If not, well, back to X and O blackboard to go over your TS.

2)MM, risk between .5%-2%/trade is really the key! I mean, yes, you can risk 5 or 10%/trade, but that’s not for me.

Good luck and Happy trading!

Well, it’s time for me to watch some great football underway
:60::60::60:

Somehow, i dont see returns of 340% ROI monthly, is achievable month in and month out… ‘Slow and steady wins the race’ - i think you’ll see thats a realistic aim for forex trading…

340% ROI monthly is a bit too unrealistic, don’t you think?

Well, people can state whatever x% they want per month, per year. However, is this the truthful % or not, nobody know LOL

True talk Buckscoder

well I guess I am the only one when posting still do realistic numbers…afterall we are here to discuss, not spam each other, right?

I had 25% of ROI last month with zulu so i guess i’m preety close to that 1% there.

Right, of course.
But an ROI of that size isn’t fiction, even though it is more than rare and nearly impossible to achieve observing money management rules … barring somebody flying airplanes into office buildings or a tsunami swallowing up some city.

I think dgraham85 achieved that on a demo account, which is way different from doing it with real money.

O.

Actually you’re slightly above 1% a day even, assuming 22 trading days and compounding over the whole month.

Was that on a demo or live account?

O.

I use daily, 4 hour and 1hour

Its with my live account the demo never interested me believe ive lost thousands with trail and error but im humble and yea it was a good month i aint saying ill achieve that on a monthly basis im just taking it slow. the demo it fake money and i cant see how anyone can gain the real jist of trading without going through the real raw ups and downs. i have nothing to prove its just the real of it.

If this is truthfully your live account and not a demo, and you claim to have good mm, and this is over the one month period… Then good on you and well done! I hope the future months can be just as profitable - and dare i say it… If not more!

I believe we in this community are not ones to judge if someone is actually being truthful, but can only comment and speculate on what we are told… Like you said, you have nothing to prove…

Happy trading :slight_smile:

Sanj

From how long time have you been trading? Since when you have been making 25%? What strategies are you using?
Good numbers…
Regards

i have been trading about 8 months, its been a roller coaster but i put the time in learnt from experienced traders and now sticking to the rules, i prefer to swing trade, that has been the most profitable strategy for me i trade breakouts but only after confirmation, the bigger boost to my profits is letting profitable trades run and setting my stop loss to zero.

Being consistent is something I am working on.

I have been doing this for the last 2 years on a live account and what a roller-coaster ride that has been.

Right now my roller-coaster has gentler rolls.

I look at doing about 1% to 2% a day. Which actually translates to 15 to 30 pips a day. It’s hard to talk about % and I prefer to look at pips.

Because I know that if I can get a consistent pip-target using a consistent method, risk/reward and trade management; I’ll be able to increase the lot-size that I am trading.

On the flip-side to achieve this 1% or 2% per day - I have to make sure that I also do not lose more than 2% per day. And if I do, then it’s time to stop trading for the day - screw my head on right. And work on the next day’s setups.

I look at support/resistance break from the Asian Session - going into the London session. I trade off 1M and 5M charts and only on EURUSD.

Happy Trading.

which broker are you with…that makes you thaaat big returns?? what about the slippage? :33: