How long to demo trade - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    A demo trading is good in order to be sure of the validity of your strategy - but after about 4 month, and you're still profitable, you can go live. Though past performances aren't a guarantee of future profits, it makes sense to conclude that as along as you stick to your trading rules (just as you've done on demo), you'll survive and win.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilanthroPIP View Post
    Hi there. I'm a newbie. I've been reading through a lot of posts and the consensus is to definitely demo trade before even thinking about using(losing ) the cash. For those avid traders, how long did you trade on a demo account before moving over to a cash account. I know I can't base my timeline on any other individual's experience....

thanks.
    Seriously, I think one month is enough to trade demo. During this 30 day period, you should also be learning the basics and the demo platform should serve as a practical tool. Actual trading is not done on a demo platform. So, don't waste too much time on a demo platform. Remember, time is money.

Quote Originally Posted by veronica007 View Post
    Seriously, I think one month is enough to trade demo. During this 30 day period, you should also be learning the basics and the demo platform should serve as a practical tool. Actual trading is not done on a demo platform. So, don't waste too much time on a demo platform. Remember, time is money.
    Which is why I have never used a demo account .

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo35 View Post
    Which is why I have never used a demo account .
    Yes there are many trader that don't trade in demo account but even there are some veteran that still trade on demos to test or check any new strategy or indicators. Different people different minds.

Quote Originally Posted by shanza View Post
    Yes there are many trader that don't trade in demo account but even there are some veteran that still trade on demos to test or check any new strategy or indicators. Different people different minds.
    We can agree on that.

I had stayed on my demo account for 6 months before I started investing to my Hotforex micro-account. Now I'm still using demo account for testing strategies.

don't think of it as demo trading, think of it as paper trading.

Paper trade until you have a solid trading plan, then you can go real. If your trading plan starts giving you problems, you can always go back to paper trading until your plan is solid. good way to limit your losses when you feel you are having a losing streak. why take your losses on your real account if you start losing your sync with the market?

Demo accounts are a lifelong tool for a trader. IMO

Hi there. I'm a newbie. I've been reading through a lot of posts and the consensus is to definitely demo trade before even thinking about using(losing ) the cash. For those avid traders, how long did you trade on a demo account before moving over to a cash account. I know I can't base my timeline on any other individual's experience....

thanks.
    It would all depend on what your learning capacity takes, and how long you feel you should demo trade. You can't judge the length of your demo trade with that of others, as it may take long to learn for some persons.

thanks.
    It would all depend on what your learning capacity takes, and how long you feel you should demo trade. You can't judge the length of your demo trade with that of others, as it may take long to learn for some persons.

I think it depends on your respect for money, and how much money you have.

Demo trade until you get to the point where you're happy to risk real money.

Risk as much real money as you like until you get to the point where you're worried about losing it.

If you're wealthy and have a spare money lying around then you'll learn 100 times faster (as its emotional) if you deposit money into a real trading account and be willing to count it as a complete loss when you wipe the account.

Forum Sponsors