I get where you’re coming from. You want a heads up before you plunge all in.
Well, everybody is different. So, you’re going to get some differing opinions. But, there is a consensus. And, if you really want to know what that is, you would need to search this Babypips site, cause this question has been asked a million times before. Think of it, you can tap into such a great pool of traders in the past.
But, it is easier just to come on in here and ask away. I get it. But, you will only get such a small sample size. Anyway, the search function will really open your eyes to what the real consensus is, and was, on this journey.
I’m sorry. I just wanted to make that point. Cause, everybody is different. And that leads me to my only other point.
It took me quite some time. I find it hard to measure myself up against what the normal beginning trader should look like. I don’t know…I think I have a normal intelligence. But who really knows? But, I can tell you that I believe no one else can compare their personal drive more than mine. Cause, frankly, I find it impossible for anyone to put in any more effort into this than I do.
Maybe it takes me longer to get things than most, surely that could be possible. I mean, who knows. Therefore, all I can say is that everybody is different. This is my story in a nut shell. Mind you…I’m sure I’m older than you.
- Demo traded, as serious as a live account, for the first 3 years. Coupled with reading anything I can find. So, we’ll call it research.
- 4th year started with a live account. Crashed and burned it twice in 6 months time.
- Took time away from the market and got mentored. We’ll call it a years worth of time.
- Got back in the market live again during my 5th year. And never lost another account since.
- I’ve just started on my 7th year now. And I have all the confidence in the world that this will be a good year.
- Due to me losing my long time job, I am at this (my) business for sole sustaining income. Which started just this year. So, needless to say, this year will be interesting.
Btw…I won’t accept anything less than success. I just refuse. But, we’ll see what happens. All that work I’ve done in the last 6 complete years…will have to pay off. I’m not turning back.
Well, that’s my story. It is a long road.
And like I said, everybody is different. Everybody’s situation is different also.
But…search the many other stories here in Babypips. I promise, you’ll get many different perspectives. But, I can tell you one thing, you’re going to have a lot of work to do to get anywhere in this market.
Hey Scapia…it’s doable.
You can do it.
Hopefully you’re young.