A letter to a friend

To You Know Who (no, not Voldemort)

I sincerely hope you read this post and that the BabyPips admins don’t delete it, although if they do, just know that it is not because there is anything within it that is against BabyPips’ rules. This is a letter from one friend to another, posted in the hopes that the friend in question will admit to his error.

Firstly, let it be known that what you have taught me is greatly appreciated and has certainly illuminated a vast array of techniques that are available for use in chartering the misty forex seas, and no doubt can bring immense success when applied in a well-oiled system devoid of human emotion.

That aside though, as a follower (I guess ex-follower now) and friend, I had always appreciated the effort you put into teaching newbies manners in which they can make sense of the market. I value the fact that you poured so much effort into introducing these techniques in an audially and visually appealing fashion.

Something never quite added up for me though, although I chose to overlook it; this being your often condescending attitude towards anyone who ever questioned your claims of success. It is no secret that the adoration of multiple followers (myself included) inflated your ego to the point where it became almost toxic. Still I chose to overlook it though, as I was grateful for all your assistance over the years.

Nevertheless, last year sometime I really began to question your ethics. A professional trader should have no reason to flaunt his success against newbie traders on a newbie forum. The claims you started making were seasoned with insults towards anyone who challenged you, and you cast yourself as this hero of trading to whom nothing is impossible. I sat on the sidelines and waited…

Along came this massive debacle which has shaken the majority of the BabyPips community. I must say, somehow I had this feeling that it would end like this, because God has a habit of humbling the proud and overconfident, anyone who boasts in their own abilities.

Nevertheless, now you have left BabyPips and taken a following with you, most of whom do not have any idea that they are under a “spell” of sorts. I guess I can’t blame them, since if you are fake, then they would have to give up all that they had worked on for so very long.

Just to set the record straight, and also to hopefully open the eyes of some of the fanatics, here are the facts:

1. You started the myfxbook challenge with only $2k, and that same day said that you’d deposit the other $3k within the week - Nothing further was deposited until almost 3 weeks later. Simple clean fact.

2. During this time, you remained completely silent on why you were failing to deposit the remaining funds, instead latching onto someone’s proposed reasoning, this being that you were trading the 2k account based on a 5k account’s risk. Come on man, it is plainly evident now that you do not follow any sort of risk management in any event! 5% risk yesterday on 2 consecutive trades, this after specifically stating that you personally never risk more than 2%, usually less, and risk reduction after each loss, need I say more?

3. You made losses initially and made it frightfully clear that you were trading genuinely, no messing around. Unfortunately the videos are gone now, but anyone who watched that particular one will know that you assured us, the followers, that you were trading properly and merely had a bad day. Why did you later go back on this statement and say that it was a lesson? Sounds like a flat-out lie to me.

4. You are now saying on your twitter feed that Chris Lori and yourself decided that you would not be a guest speaker at his conference anymore - Bro, I am completely dumbfounded by the fact that some guys still don’t get it - You aren’t presenting because the game is up, there is no “business reason” behind it, Come on, this is becoming embarrassing!

5. You leave BabyPips and delete all your videos after they simply removed a link from one of your posts, Mistakenly I might add! It’s just too much of a coincidence that this ended up being the reason why you left BabyPips after such a petty little mistake.

6. I do not know whether your trading last week was genuine or not, because you were buying highs and selling lows, but then it doesn’t explain why this week you would hold a massive losing trade despite vast evidence suggesting that GBPUSD was heading even lower. This is by no means in line with what you teach - cut your losing trades short.

7. After you lost the trade, you immediately made the system private. Why? Because you were ashamed with the loss. That doesn’t strike me as the sort of behavior exhibited by a professional who acknowledges that losses are part and parcel of the business. What is even more upsetting is that you then opened the account again upon erasing that loss. It’s shameful and cowardly man, can’t you see that?

8. After a month of trading, you have yet to take a single trade that well and truly illustrates a combination of your methods, despite there having been a multitude of trades in this period that fit the profile so nicely.

9. There are other things which never added up, such as using some guys gun cabinet video from YouTube without giving him credit or trying to pass it off as your own or something.

Anyway, long story short, I know that people will slate me heavily for being a “turncoat” etc, but you and I both know that everything is not as it seems. I implore you to face the music and just come clean, you will be far more respected for it rather than passing off everything with excuses.

Anyway bro, again, I appreciate all the assistance you have given me personally, but I am extremely hurt by your recent actions, since I gave you the benefit of the doubt and saw the best in you.

Sincerely,
Your friend

• slow claps *

So I was never involved with any of the training offered nor do I know much about this ‘friend’ mentioned… But I must say, after following all this hype on BP the last week, this sounds like the Lance Armstrong of FX trading, and come I tell you, he is not the only one out there. One of the things ive learned in my 26 years of life is that there are quite a few dodgy people in this 21st century of ours!

good post…I can’t believe I missed the whole twitter conversation of him not going to chris lori’s event anymore lol

It’s crazy how quickly this party came to a end once the myfxbook started up…looks like more than a few of us have been taken for a bad ride these past few years :34:

My heart really sunk when he put up that gun video called “My 2nd Passion” and insinuated that it was his own collection. I had clearly seen the video before and knew it wasn’t his personal collection. He should have immediatley have given credit to the Creator of the video. And when people posted things along the lines of “Wow, nice collection” he should have responded with “They are not mine” as opposed to a smile emoticon. He didn’t Clarify until a link of the original video was posted, then he went on damage control.

I shrugged it off and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Then I saw he wasn’t trading that great on Myfxbook. When he said it was to illustrate why to follow the rules and that he was going to do it for real, I shrugged it off and waited to see how his trades went… Then as I saw him continue to ignore his rules and crash his account I was really discouraged.

It feels like I just wasted heaps of time trying to fulfill a dream that was based on false hope. Oh well, gotta keep moving on.

Who knows, maybe he is a decent trader and this is some kind of stunt, but at this point I highly doubt it.

I wish him the best, I just wish he wouldn’t misrepresent himself and spread false expectations. When people post things about being a strong Christian and then do things such as this, it really gives us a bad name.

I’m genuinely curious why I was able to see through this guy from the beginning and others weren’t.

The only thing I can think of is that there is no profitable trader that followed him.

People forgave his bull because they wanted something so badly.

Perhaps if there wasn’t such a deep want, there wouldn’t be such a deep following.

He. Better. Not. Be. Trolling.
Anyways, symbolism crap time. ICT’s image was a pheonix, right? Believe in rebirth? I guess we will see in time.
That’ll mean he trolled us and trolled the trolls.

You Mad Bro?

Gunner, if his systems worked, he wouldnt have to prove anything… Thats what the followers are for…

:44::56::stuck_out_tongue:

I hate to say it, but I had to follow Chris Lori’s advice giving in one of his the free Webinars that you need to do your own price theory study. Go back in the charts and pick at a time period or time of day and study that time period back 500 to 1000 periods or whatever you feel necessary to understand price action in that period. Even though my live account was almost wiped out over the last year, I stuck with it am thankful to be able stand on own two feet. I noticed some of the same things about event over the last two years. In being honest, what I discovered on my own works better for me than just copying someone else’s system or mixing and matching. Only time will tell if keeping ones true methods private is one the keys to success in market.

I am thankful for all this individuals contributions to the community because it helped me become a better trader and think more independently from the crowd which in a general sense is losing money. In the long run I think I will do well as a trader as long as I stay out pig pen. myfxbook account has been an open book but I do something to protect myself.

[ol]
[li]Try to avoid telegraphing moves
[/li][li]No discussions or posts allowed on the page
[/li][li]Hide open and pending trades
[/li][li]Play the off-hand & don’t show PT until after first profit is taken
[/li][li]Hide the units traded (Do the math, trade entries and exits points are more important than position size) it is matter of pricapal not ego
[/li][li]Showing history is ok because it can validate a trader
[/li][li]Only make your balance public if you feel like dealing with the haters
[/li][/ol]

At some point I would like things to return to a group people coming together to exchange trade ideas. Who knows, I still have another month of college until I graduate so that is were I have been putting most of my energy.

Cheers.

I too share your sentiments Puremuscle.
As a person who sees the best in people until proven otherwise, I was proven quite wrong and gave too much benefit of the doubt.
One of the things said in Chris Lori’s free seminar on Youtube that I took particular reference to in this sad conclusion of events was the fact that a traders ego was as dangerous as a poor trading plan and bad money management put together. The world always has a way of correcting such things and I think we witnessed such a correction of ego.

One hard thing comes to mind though. I imagined myself in the same place as “your friend” and wondered how I would be feeling, physically and emotionally. This led to me sending a letter of support to him (to his personal email address), saying that things were hard, that I did not necessarily like or enjoy what had occured, both from him knowingly leading people down a destructive path to teach them not to follow and be independant traders, but my belief in the methods he taught were intact. That he needed to concentrate on those methods and trade his way back up and out of this predicament, in a face saving open manner so seople could see it happening.

The biggest concern however, and I know he has had some hard battles of late, was the response sounded almost like one of those warriors who had been defeated but did not know about it and professing the dominant display coming up - kind of like some of the statements on babypips. I truly believe that in the psychological space, he is in a real mess, be it from trading or personal problems, and really feel he needs to seek help from professionals to help him get his head back above water. Absolutely no shame there, I have needed help after my wife cleared off with my 14 month old son, I have family members and friends that have needed help. I have been on the phone to one of my fellow workers one Sunday night for 4 hours, talking about all sorts because I believed he was going to end his life after I hung up.

One plea to “your friend” and any others struggling in a market that can eat you alive and spit you out an absolute shadow of your former self. If you are deteriorating within your life - even in your trading life, please feel no shame in talking to someone. It does truly help.

In closing, I hope “your friend” does find some solace and repairs himself so that he can come back one day, with the ego in check, and clear of mind, to become a valued member of babypips society where his opinion can once again be respected and listened to with confidence from the newbies that frequent this forum.

Sigh… Anyone read ICT’s latest reply on his myfxbook discussion? It’s a far cry from what anyone is used to… Insults, self praise and other general expletives. What happened to this guy? He used to be so down to earth and humble…

Well said brother. I couldn’t agree more.

Now I even doubt that he is a Christian…

What? You mean this ?

Am I blind or sth, cause I can’t see shyte.

On the side note, check out his myfxbook. He seemed to profit today.
I am for ICT. What I have taken from ICT is market structure and market flow. It has vastly improve my directional bias of the market. There was no learning curve to his material. Just pause the video. Go back and listen again. However, there were somethings that were questionable. His OTE’s, reflection, fib extension, , scalping and so on so. I did not have enough justification to use this because it seemed out of the blue. I didn’t understand how to apply it properly. What made sense was his analysis/concept of market structure/flow.
I am sure he is no gimmick. He is structured and educated. But by no hand should you criticize on his latest downfall in his tracking account. Remember, ICT is no god. He is [U]human[/U]. We make mistakes. Don’t judge.

As for those who followed his account trade by trade. He asked you not to. You still did. It was your fault. It is your fault by blindly entering the market and not asking why.

In his videos, he references the phoenix.

wow just read that. he’s really getting out of character lately. Did he tell other people to stop hiding their myfxbook stuff while he continues it on private? or am i reading it wrong?

I notice that he’s been pretty active even after the “black out” judging from the updates from his mt4. But then again that could probably just be him leaving his mt4 open.

I leave MT4 up. and if i was a pro trader with an awesome trading office devoted to the markets like him I’d leave it on all the time too :smiley: