Brokers

Hi all,
My broker was alpari uk who are now broke, I am looking for a new broker, now ironfx are in talks to takeover alpari but ive read really bad reviews about them anyone with ironfx? i am looking for an stp broker with high leverage and low spreads with no commission any suggestions?

There are several good brokers out there but may I first ask you why you are looking for a broker with no commissions?

Usually when a broker does not charge a commission that is because he artificially mark up the spread cost to include the commission and this exercise usually ends up costing more than low spreads with a separate commission cost in my experience.

Well at alpari uk there were no commissions and the spreads were still low eur/usd was 0.6 to 0.8 usd/jpy was the same, so really im looking for something just as good. Can you name a broker that charges commissions (how much?) with super-low spreads?

Would suggest something like Pepperstone or Interactive Brokers.

I have no personal experience with Pepperstone but heard good things.

I personally trade with Interactive Brokers and very happy with them.

It beats me too…Ordinarily when a broker has no commission, there must be some hidden charges somewhere. But to answer you question, you can check some review site for brokers and here too on babypips, you can see some suggestions on the broker section of the forum.

But it is imperative to consider some factors before choosing or changing a broker. Like registration details; Before choosing a forex broker, it is important to make sure that they are registered in the country or island where their head office is located.
You can read more here: How to Trade Forex: How To Choose A Reliable Forex Broker, for more factors.

I think choosing brokers out of others reviews is rather difficult cause so many traders that post negativ reviews around are often newbies with newbies expectations around their new financial dreams.
They come to make a quick fix, and when they dont…they blame the broker.
The first one to judge out of ignorance is often the last one that joined the party.
I also find many of the reviews to be frivolous and childish with unfactual undertones.

I would rather rely on a senior traders personal positive view about a broker if asked, than 20 negative reviews about the same broker posted around on the internet by desperate newbies that runs a “get rick quick scheme”.
I’m pretty sure that there isn’t ONE broker out there, that hasn’t been accused to be a scam or fraud by someone who didn’t read the terms of use or disclaimer before they signed up.

The only way to be sure that you get what you want is in the end to try out for yourself and be your own judge.

There is a saying where I come from that millions of flies can’t be wrong, poop must taste good… Just some food for thought :wink:

Hotforex is STP, has no commissions on Micro, don’t know if spreads will suit you as I trade fundamentals on commodity CFD’s and some cross pairs and spreads are acceptable for me there, have no clue about average for your pairs.

Good lucking in picking up good broker.

well. here’s latest spread comparison, I put additional xauusd/gold spread, Gold recently break 1300 level after long run hibernate with the bear :21: , if any chance you plan to trade with gold price. I added Tickmill spread as additional where I put my investment with, you may want them into one of consideration to start your investment and start recover your loss due black swan army attack ( you’ve my deepest sympathy, no worries, traders use to be self regenerate, they never actually broke, trust me! )
one more thing, this spread are commision include ( red square mark). if you’re looking for any ECN no commision you wont found any, or they just act like an ecn said no commision but literally with higher spread. Regarding ironfx, I had an account with them couple backthen, but I decide to dropped (ask their withdrawal rule when use epayment method :slight_smile: for a clue ), you may consider I much more comfortable with lower spread and better trading execution, better trading condition company.

at the moment im thinking fxpro or vantage fx, hotforex spreads look good but you cant have gbp as your account currency

as far as i know , many brokers offered GBP account for its client
Exness, Tickmill, FXopen, Oanda and else
so what kind of broker that you need? a low spread low commision one?a fix spread broker or a STP broker?
You decide

ironfx has some issues they have to deal with and i doubt they would be taking over anyother broker anytime soon, its really bad what happened to alpari UK and i think lots of their traders havent got their money back. as for hotforex yeah i think the only currencies you may use are the EUR adn USD, gbp accounts would be a good option.

GBP account is also good since GBP > EUR > USD, but to me USD currnecy account is quite enough. I think more exchange could cost us fee. and

it really depends I mean, we from asia yeah deal mostly with the USD but i guess people in europ are more of an EUR and the UK peeps are most probably better off with a GBP account :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hotforex has account in GBP currency I can confirm that

my account is in USD, that good to know then, if im not mistaken they do complay with the FCA standrads

Used alpari along with tradersway and fxcm, until alpari got dragged by CHF to the cleaners…
As for brokers, check out some of the independent broker review sites and open a demo with the one you choose…good luck.

Does your broker has account in EUR Currency?

My Broker allows for account in the EUR currency :slight_smile:

I am trading with FxGrow :57:

I used ICM, and although they charged commission, their spreads were low.