Trasimaco: The MMA Junkie

[B]Trasimaco[/B]

###1. Tell us little bit about yourself. Where are you from? What are your hobbies?

I am from Italy and I live in Milan. My hobbies?! Do I have time for it?! Well I love MMA. Tomorrow I am going to get up at 4am to see UFC 165! I also use to train 3-4 times per week but honestly last 6 months I have been totally dedicated to Forex! No time for anything else!

###2. When/why did you start trading forex? What resources did you use to learn how to trade (websites, books, apps, mentors, etc.)?

After Nick Diaz lost vs George St. Pierre. In the post-fight interview Diaz said he was going to quit fighting. It was time to settle down and start investing his money. Something clicked! Something flashed in my mind.

I went right away to google trading and found Forex. Well luckily I found right off the bat Babypips school and Babypips forum. I quitted playing poker right away to dedicate all myself to Forex. It has been 6 months I have been studying no stop. That is my path. There is no way back.

###3. What do your friends and family think about you trading currencies?

Only my girlfriend knows about it. She is very supportive even if I didn’t get very good results so far mainly because of psychological issues.

###4. What were your first strategies in forex trading? How are they different from your strategies today?

I started with news and fundamentals. I tried some naked price action, order flow, scalping. Well I still try to use everything within my strategy. And with the time and experience I am definitely getting better.

###5. Describe your current daily or weekly trading routine. What do you do before you trade?

I wake up and check what the main currencies have been doing. Then I ready ForexLive wrap up, the daily forex fundamentals and all other blogs updates, orders and options news, Forex Factory calendar and then I wait for the right setup (or at least I should! I have the bad habit to rush into trades but I am improving on that!).

###6. What are some of your most unforgettable trades and trading moments?

I just started trading with a demo account. I was following the news when BOJ announced that was going to double up their bonds purchase. Well I went all in on USD/JPY and make a 400% in few days. I told myself: “How easy is making money! Just wait the right opportunity and get rich. I need to open a live account as soon as possible!”

Yes sure, you idiot! :slight_smile:

###7. If you were to give a ribbon to the major central bank that’s winning the “currency war” or the “race to debase,” which central bank would you give it to?

Ben Bernake! No contest!

###8. Do you believe that a trader needs at least 10,000 hours of trading-related activities in order to be consistently profitable?

Yes, I guess so. Maybe even more. It takes time because you need lots of experience to succeed among other things.

I see it as a never ending learning process. Thank God I am enjoying it!

###9. Forex trading is not an easy business. What motivates you to continue trading when in a trading slump?

Giving up is not an option.

###10. What do you think is the biggest mistake that newbies out there are currently making? Do you have any advice for them?

Advise?! A blind that guides other blinds! No thanks! :slight_smile: I am still a newbie I guess. And anyway newbies don’t listen to advise most of the time! But well, start small please. Try with a 50$ account. And risk just 1%.

There are not easy money out there. You are the easy money! :wink:

###BONUS: If you were sent to a small island for three months and you can only pick one person (fictional or non-fictional) to go with you, who would you pick?

Is there an internet connection?!? If not I am not going anywhere!

Let’s all take some time away from the charts and get to know three of the most active, helpful, and awesome guys in our little community.

Meet [B][B]GRIX FX[/B][/B], [B][B]dollareuro[/B][/B], and [B][B]Trasimaco[/B][/B]!

In their interviews they reveal how they started trading forex, their advice for newbies, their strategies, and who they want to be stuck in a remote island with.

Don’t be shy, say hello!

Seriously? You guys are going to highlight someone who made 400% in a demo account? That’s embarrassing. Anyone who has traded for any length of time can tell you that things are completely different when one trades with real money. Not to mention, where is this guy’s risk management? He “went all in on USD/JPY”. That’s like me putting everything on 3 and getting lucking. Do your credibility some favors and refrain from highlighting guys like this. Highlight him after he has traded for a few years and has built a solid track record. Not after a lucky bet in a demo account.

[QUOTE=“jasonkgreen;545019”]Seriously? You guys are going to highlight someone who made 400% in a demo account? That’s embarrassing. Anyone who has traded for any length of time can tell you that

Seriously man, what are you talking about?

Using the brain shouldn’t be an option. Our brain is our most important tool. Please do a favor to the community and to all the human kind…learn how to use it and use it! Thanks!

First of all here they don’t interview successful traders but active member of the babypips community. And I am!

Second I stated that it was my first trade and I though making money would be easy because of it but then I realized how wrong I was and I called myself IDIOT not GENIOUS because of it…arent you even able to read and make 2+2=4 or what???

Third they made that in evidence within a monthly newsletter where they talk about the myth of the 10.000 hours needed to master trading just to say: “hey newbies, be careful do not think you can make money because you made a lucky trade because to learn trade takes time. Don’t rush or you will lose everything.”

And also here we are not discussing how I trade, my system, my RR, my MM…here it is a place where they interview the people behind the trader (either he is successful or not) and their experience about trading to make people know them better.

Seriously man…use your brain…it is your most important tool!

How do you utilize order flow?

Here’s a very interesting thread about Order Flow here at babypips:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/51590-order-flow-trading.html

Personally I use information about options, barriers and reported orders to see where the big guys could be pushing the market in relatively quiet period or to help to guess which level could be a stronger s/r level.

Thank you! Although that thread would probably be a bit complicated for new traders, it was helpful!

I wish you the best of luck! :slight_smile: