GRIX FX: The Voyager

[B]GRIX FX[/B]

###1. Tell us little bit about yourself. Where are you from? What are your hobbies?

haha. I am Canadian born world traveler. Born in Montreal, educated in Doncaster and currently residing in South Africa. I enjoy travelling and if I wasn’t trading, I would probably be a voyager.

###2. When/why did you start trading forex? What resources did you use to learn how to trade (websites, books, apps, mentors, etc.)?

I was introduced to Forex trading by a lad who worked (now retired) at Lehman in 2007. Then it was a small time gig for a college boy. After the 2008 crisis, I took up a few courses on both basic and advanced trading and it’s been five years since then. I am a former student of one the best price action teachers.

###3. What do your friends and family think about you trading currencies?

hahaha….The only correct answer is that am crazy! It took a few years to finally look at trading as a possible career. Clearly this is suited for everyone, or even easily accepted by all.

###4. What were your first strategies in forex trading? How are they different from your strategies today?

Just like many beginners, I started with crossover systems involving several MAs, later moved to the Ichimoku cloud. For the past two and a half years, I have specialized in price action and order flow analysis.

###5. Describe your current daily or weekly trading routine. What do you do before you trade?

Living in the GMT +2 TZ, is a great advantage, as I am able to trade through the London open to NY close. My daily routine begins with a 30 min jog, followed by an energy check. Afterwards I have to recite the ‘Zalesky’s 25 point Mantra’ before starting up the trading computer. 11 hours later, all done for the day.

###6. What are some of your most unforgettable trades and trading moments?

The first ever live trade was a disaster. Placing a short instead of a long trade and losing a thousand pounds in an hour. I still can’t figure out exactly what happened, but I can never erase that memory.

###7. If you were to give a ribbon to the major central bank that’s winning the “currency war” or the “race to debase,” which central bank would you give it to?

That would be Bank of Canada. It’s been the epitome of financial policy sanity in the near past.

###8. Do you believe that a trader needs at least 10,000 hours of trading-related activities in order to be consistently profitable?

The number would vary depending on the training path that an individual takes. For prop traders, you have to learn faster and you will definitely take a shorter time. Conversely, self-trained retail traders may take more than 20,000 hours. The bottom line is that an average trade will need as much time to consistently be profitable.

###9. Forex trading is not an easy business. What motivates you to continue trading when in a trading slump?

Am naturally rebellious and the opposition faced in the beginning kept me going strong. I am risk taker and having sacrificed a medical career for Forex trading, I know the stakes are high and the option I have got is to be successful!

###10. What do you think is the biggest mistake that newbies out there are currently making? Do you have any advice for them?

Quite a number;

Undercapitalization- Don’t expect millions from a $500 account- it’s not gonna happen

Impatience: It takes at least 10 years to train a good surgeon, what makes you think that you will be a pro after six months? It’s not gonna happen

Public Showoff: Forex is a secretive business. Newbies want to show off their success because they are compelled to. When they lose, they are by a big psychological blow and may never get back to the winning ways.

###BONUS: If you were sent to a small island for three months and you can only pick one person (fictional or non-fictional) to go with you, who would you pick?

That would be Robinson Crusoe. A product of an imaginative mind.

Let’s all take some time away from the charts and get to know three of the most active, helpful, and awesome guys in our little community.

Meet [B]GRIX FX[/B], [B]dollareuro[/B], and [B]Trasimaco[/B]!

In their interviews they reveal how they started trading forex, their advice for newbies, their strategies, and who they want to be stuck in a remote island with.

Don’t be shy, say hello!

Word. It’s more difficult to remember these when traders are on a winning streak though. :slight_smile: