Time to crack some pips ICT style!

Sorry this is so overdue, yesterday was pretty hectic!

Pair: GBP/USD
Bias: LONG
Entry: 1.6160
Exit: 1.6200 (50%), rest sitting with stops at BE
Result: [B]+40 pips[/B] (50%)

Itā€™s actually quite strange that I would go against the H4 market flow again having just experienced a nice loss on Wednesday doing the exact same thing. But nevertheless, it worked :stuck_out_tongue:

Reasons for entry:

1. Judas swing down into major support level (1.6160)
  2. 1.6160 had proven itself as a strong support level in the past (scroll back a couple of days and take a look)
  3. Pivot Buy zone at S1 (we touched this during LO, my entry was when price came back down to 1.6160 during NYO)
  4. Type 1 divergence on H1
  5. OTE on M15 Chart

I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightning.
I see bad times today.

Donā€™t go around tonight,
Well, itā€™s bound to take your life,
Thereā€™s a bad moon on the rise!

Translated: Iā€™m scared of the NFP print this month :stuck_out_tongue:

Just an update - I havenā€™t traded the past couple of days, Iā€™ve just been swamped with other things (joined a new gym) and so I havenā€™t checked the charts in awhile, but I did notice we dropped below 1.30, very interesting! :wink: I will hopefully be back up and running tomorrow or Thursday, raking in the pips ICT-style! :stuck_out_tongue:

Finally back up and running! :smiley:

Right so straight back into the fray starting tomorrow! Whether I take a trade or not is a different story, but nevertheless, I have decided to also include the myfxbook link I mentioned before, so that I canā€™t hide away any glaring errors :wink: I want to maintain full transparency, so please also feel free to point out my lapses in risk management and trading at inappropriate times of day.

Time to really start building wealth!

Just to point out; my goal in trading is to build up a small account to something huge using the wonders of compounding, so I have no intention of withdrawing any of this money. I will, however, be making withdrawals from the accounts of others, God-willing :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of withdrawals, I just made my first one :stuck_out_tongue: A nice EUR/USD long from 1.2919, taking half off at 30 pips :slight_smile:

I will post my analysis later, still at work at the moment :slight_smile:

Man am I trading like a retard :confused: Iā€™m going to take a break for a week or two until things have settled down with the job - I am repeating my same mistakes from before, the most significant of which would be trading without proper charts and the usual ICT toolsā€¦

So see you guys soon! :slight_smile:

OK, Iā€™m back at it again after a nice little break :slight_smile:

Took 2 trades today, one at LO and one at NYO, both shorts since my bias is short this week.

Pair: EUR/USD
Bias: Short
Entry: 1.2546
Exit: 1.2580
Result: [B]-34 pips[/B]

Pair: EUR/USD
Bias: Short
Entry: 1.2573
Exit: 1.2509
Result: [B]+64 pips[/B]

I will include my analysis after work :slight_smile: In conclusion I think the LO trade was a loss because I entered even when I knew the ideal entry would be around 1.2580 (my stupidity ;)). Nevertheless, a bit of positive progress to reaching break-even again is always welcome!

I think its scary, i take a lot of the same trades you do! lol
Posted mine in Millionaire guild threadā€¦ I got in at the 1.258 at LO, but could have even got in at 1.26 figā€¦
Still got mine open, but taken 3/4 off

Have a good weekend :smiley:

LOL! I left the trade open by accident because I thought I had closed! :stuck_out_tongue: So in the end I actually got more! :smiley:

Nice! :smiley:

1. My target for GBPUSD was 1.5600 as shown below. This was primarily due to the fact that we hadnā€™t yet reached the 161.8 level on the Monthly Traderā€™s Trinity, so this week I was waiting for a nice opportunity to get in short, and that arrived during this morningā€™s LO.

1. Price rose nicely during LO and just took out the previous dayā€™s high at 1.5716 (was hoping for an entry of 1.5720).

2. Market flows were bearish, so no reason not to take that short!

3. In addition, there was some nice bearish divergence between EU and GU during LO and between GU and USDX.

Pair: GBPUSD
Bias: SHORT
Entry: 1.5710
SL: 1.5740
Exit: 1.5641 (S1 Pivot)
Result: [B]+70 PIPS[/B] (Closed entire position for this amount, as I was unable to access my broker at work)

Would someone be so kind as to let me know what the ADR is for GBPUSD :wink:

Those are GMT

Those are NY

BTW: Great trade!

Wow, turns out that it was a cracker! :stuck_out_tongue:

I managed to pick up a cool 70 pips on this boy! Best of all - Iā€™m back in the green again! :smiley:

My aim was to target the 1.5600 level, I couldā€™ve taken 100 pips if Iā€™d just held my nerve! But nevertheless, NO COMPLAINTS :smiley:

Time to really start building wealth!

Nice trade man. Keep up the good work! Lets get together and race Ferrariā€™s this weekend;) haha

Sounds like a plan! :stuck_out_tongue:

So today I managed to reel in another cracker amounting to 74 pips :smiley: I may not win any prizes for the best trades ever, but I am extremely pleased with this progress, as I am now up to 9% in profit, which is almost unbelievable considering the fact that before I took my break of 1 week, I was down in the red!

Anyway, given that I have far exceeded my goals for the week, and also given that Friday is NFP, I will most certainly be calling it a week with a rather large smile on my face :wink:

Details of todayā€™s trade:

Pair: GBP/USD
Bias: SHORT
Entry: 1.5602
SL: 1.5632
Exit: 1.5529
Result: [B]+74 pips[/B]

Reasons for entry:

1. Market flow remains bearish on all timeframes
  2. In my eyes, the 1.55 level remains a key level. As I mentioned before in my analysis, the monthly traderā€™s trinity (161.8 level) lines up nicely around this area, as does the OTE from the low on 13/01/2012 to the
    high on 30/04/2012 (looks like weā€™re about to break this level though!)
  3. OTE during NYO at 1.56 fig, which also happened to be MS1:

1. Divergence on H1 chart (canā€™t remember if itā€™s type 1 or type 2!!):

1. Price ducked down from LO and pulled back into the Asian range during NYO (what more could you ask for I ask??)

And that dear friends is all she wrote!

Update - Myfxbook

Nice Job PM. As ICT has pointed out in the past, I have found that leaving a small portion on and manually trailing SL behind previous two 5 min swing highs may help you squeeze out additional pips from your trade. You could have grabbed a cool 50 additional pips following that strategy on this trade.
Anyway, great trade and awesome progress.

I most certainly will - good advice! Iā€™ve just been having a few issues with accessing my broker from work, so youā€™ll notice I left the entire 100% on each trade for the full duration. It has actually ended up paying off big time, but my concern is that with the market being pretty much one-sided, things are a bit too easy, and when it reverses Iā€™m going to get caught with my pants down so to speak! So I need to resolve this asap.

Son of a @#$%@ - I read into a solid counter-trend trade post-NFP but my SL was too tight and WHAM, a nice loss.

My mistake for trading when I said I would call it a week :frowning: LESSON LEARNT!

Ok seriously hurting now - the move was worth 100 pips :frowning: