Market news that affect the Forex Market. Very important for fundamental traders!

You must have seen the FX pairs and crosses post strong gains or strong declines within a short period of time and don’t quite understand why. Even if you use technical analysis for your trades I am certain you will want know what drove the currencies higher or lower. Inm this thread I will post the key fundamental factors that may affect the currencies throughout the European and US session that may not be available for all traders. These updates can be market speculations, breaking news and trading recommendations that are published by respected financial firms.

HSBC will be paying dividend to UK farmers at the beginning of next month (4 October). The total amount is expected to be in 3 billion euros. The conversion of EUR to GBP is expected to take place next Friday (28 September) during the ECB fixing (12:15 GMT). Look for strong selling in EUR/GBP on 28 September

Brown Brothers Harriman’s Win Thin says the euro is “trying to put in a top at $1.3170, the post-Fed high.” He would advise investors to sell the euro in the $1.3050-60 area. Please note that Angela Merkel and Hollande are expected to give a joint press conference on Saturday. Expect gaps across the board as the marker reopens Sunday night (GMT).

Greece claimed to have a ‘hole’ if EUR 13.5 billion but apparently it is much higher, almost EUR 20.0 billion. This could weigh on EUR/USD gains

Remeber the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) signing is due Wednesday, gains may be seen in EUR pairs and crosses but are unlikely to be sustained due to Greece problems

The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) may cut rates next week because of the current slowdown in the Chinese economy. Wespac changed their views and predict the RBA will cut rates in September and in October. The market is not pricing in the probability for a rate cut at the time of this writing. Expect AUD to weaken against a number of currencies. My fav pairs for gaining are EUR/AUD and GBP/AUD

Spain to announce preliminary budget report for 2013 at 12:00pm GMT

A report published by the Minerals Council of Australia:

“With commodity prices having fallen from peak levels, complacency
and backsliding on economic reform pose a real threat to the minerals
sector and to the wider economy.”

“Within highly-competitive global markets for thermal and coking coal, copper
and nickel, more than half of Australia mines now have costs above
global averages. Even in iron ore, Australia has lost its operating cost
advantage for all but established Pilbara projects.”

“An unnecessarily high exchange rate (AUD/USD) due to a failure to run sustained
budget surpluses is also part of the story.”

Czech Centeal Bank Governor Miroslav Singer that has opened the door for fx interventions

Citi doesn’t believe that EUR joy will last, saying the currency’s bounce after a well-received Spanish budget plan will probably run out of steam as investors question whether the targets are credible and deliverable and worry that Spain has made no indication it will ask for a bailout anytime soon. “The fiscal outlook for the euro zone periphery could remain precarious and continue to weigh on EUR,” Citi says, adding that the fiscal commitments from the country could be made more credible if Spain entered a troika-monitored bailout program. “Absent a bailout request over the weekend, we expect the slide in EUR/USD to continue next week.”

Larry Milstein at RW Pressprich says the flight into Treasurys reflects concerns that the banks’ problems are worse than anticipated and that they will need even more money

Spain stress test press conference is due at 16:00 GMT. Watch EUR/USD

Mate you have any link for events calander most are so limited they only show data instead of events like bond auctions stress test etc.

Thanks

I will try and post here what I find, there is no one fixed source

Societe Generale prefers to be long USD/ZAR with a target of 8.50, citing the headline risks and the SARB’s monetary policy bias.

Hi guys. I just begin to learn the fundamental analysis. Could you supporting me how events affects on price For example in the latest new: ‘Larry Milstein at RW Pressprich says the flight into Treasurys reflects concerns that the banks’ problems are worse than anticipated and that they will need even more money’. What I have to do in this situation. I want to clarify for me this situation.
Thanks

Hi Candle, if money is flowing into treasuries it means investors are looking for safe haven. If Euro zone banks are in a more severe situation than thought by investors this will reflect in EUR weakening against a basket of currencies, preferably USD (hence EUR/USD)

Japan’s Jojima: Recent Yen Appreciation One-Sided
Japan’s Jojima’s: Recent Yen’s Rise Doesn’t Reflect Econ Fundamentals
Japan’s Jojima: To Take Decisive Action if Move Becomes Excessive
Japan’s Jojima: Expect BOJ to Take Decisive Move If Needed

Look out for future FX interventions (not necessarily this week)

Thanks a lot, MikeHeart, for feedback. I am learning fundamental analysis now. So I’ll try to do to the way you recommended. Will looking forward for another pending.
TY
Best wishes.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: Good luck with the fundamental analysis