Luke Gail - BetOnTheTrend

Good evening,

My name is Luke Gail, I’m an MTA/CMT qualified chartered market technician and Independent trader, I’m also the owner and editor of BetOnTheTrend and run a free intraday trading room.

I would like to start posting daily forecasts here for traders to use in combination with their own analysis and trading set-ups. My analysis is drilled down to a simple easy to follow forecast that you can use to help confirm your own analysis, or used to generate trading ideas.

Markets I will cover…

DAX, FTSE, DOW

EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURGBP

BRENT OIL, HIGH GRADE COPPER, GOLD, SILVER

On this thread I will post 2-4 forecasts each day for some of the markets above. The forecasts will provide a level of interest, and what you should look for to happen before deciding to enter a trade. The forecast can be used for day trading and/or swing trading. I will also provide areas to target should a trade entry be executed.

How you use the forecasts or trade ideas in terms of stop placement and trailing stops will be the sole discretion of the end user. These are forecasts and not trade signals, they should be used to help confirm or generate trade ideas.

Luke

Sounds good, will check here regularly.

Hi Luke, I will follow with interest. :wink:

Hi Luke, I also will follow your thread with interest, hopefully none of the BS merchants will come along and flame you, if they do don’t take it out on us :wink:

Good morning,

To get the ball rolling here I have some small forecasts this Friday, these are just 2 of the forecasts I have provided my trade room members with today.

GBPUSD

Personally I have been waiting for a GBPUSD rally all week and today might be the day we get it. Having probed above 1.5190 yesterday, the GBP snapped-back below, however another move above this level could see fresh buy stops triggered above.

I have recommended to my trade room members that they have a pending BUY STOP @ 1.5203 with a stop @ 1.5175 and target of 1.5265.

DAX 30 (Cash Market)

As far as I’m concerned, the equity markets are still up trending, I have been an equity index market bull since late last year, and nothing has changed as of yet.

I still think we are going to see another leg higher on the DAX, FTSE & DOW in the next week or so.

However on an intraday point of view, I have recommended to my trade room members that we wait to see a clear conviction move past 7950 today on the hourly chart before deciding to buy the DAX.

My recommendation is to wait for an hourly close above this 7950 and then try to buy small retracements on the 10 minute chart with a target of 8020.

More forecasts may follow today for other markets.

Forecasts are intended to be used as guides in combination with your own trading plan. They should not be used as standalone trading signals or traded/used without analysis from the end user.
Trading leveraged products may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

Good evening, I hope everyone has had a profitable day today.

This is just a quick update on today’s 2 forecasts.

GBPUSD was forecasted to break 1.5203 today for a possible target of 1.5265. We did indeed get the break higher and GBPUSD has reached a high of 1.5248, as we near closer to the weekend close, it would be a good idea to take profits very soon if not already.

Updated chart…

On the other forecast for the DAX 30 cash market, we were looking for a break and hourly close above 7950 today in order to start buying 10 minute dips. DAX did reach the 7950 level but has failed to move and close above this on the hourly chart, becasue of this there were no buying opportunities today.

More forecasts will be published on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

Luke

Thanks for your help Luke, another great day, I managed 36 pips on the GU buy today and currently have 74 on Dow with the trade still open, so over one hundred pips on two trades today which I’m obviously well pleased with!

Can’t wait for Monday, have a great weekend!

The following forecasts are the predicted price movements of both currency pairs over a one week to 10 day period should price breakout from its current cycle either to the upside or downside.

[B]EURUSD – Break above 1.3065 for a forecasted movement towards 1.3175.

On the downside, should EURUSD break below 1.2985, it should lead to tests of 1.2910 and 1.2850[/B]

[B]
GBPUSD – A break above 1.5255 with conviction should lead to 1.5330 then 1.5400.

On the downside, a break below 1.5170 should lead to 1.5090 then 1.5030.[/B]

Forecasts are intended to be used as guides in combination with your own trading plan. They should not be used as standalone trading signals or traded/used without analysis from the end user.
Trading leveraged products may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

Luke,

It was interesting to note that you have ended your involvement with the Skype and Chatroll rooms that you created for your disciples.

I was, however, surprised to see that, in their place, you have commenced a SMS alert service. Perhaps you would be so good as to explain to us mere mortals, how such a service is different to similar ventures currently on the market, the vast majority of whom you were so vehemently castigating on the afore mentioned chatrooms recently.

I wish you luck with your service. I fear that you will need it. In my eyes you are now no better than, to quote a friend, any other ‘pathetic shovel-selling banker’ (I’m sure that’s what he called you).

Good day.

Who are you people? LOL.

Hi Richard,

Of course I will clear up the difference since you asked more nicely than the post you tried to make on my blog with foul language. But first of all I need to correct some mistakes you have clearly made.

The Skype trading room is free and is still currently running, in fact there are now TWO Skype rooms, one for the members to chat and the other for me to post my analysis and trades, the reason why there are two rooms is simple, if I post my analysis and trades in the same room as the member chat, then they can easily be missed amongst all the posts. Today we closed the chatroll software becasue members were saying there was a small delay in posts…hence why we now have two Skype rooms. So you have been miss informed that the Skype room is closed, the fact is, there is TWO now.

And also nothing has changed, the Skype room still provides analysis for all 9 instruments and trade calls free of charge 8 hours per day Mon-Frid.

Also the new service which I charge for is SMS based and is designed to help small account holders accumulate their account into a more sizable sum in order to to take their accounts into larger sums. No one is asked to do this, it is simply an offer, regardless if they do or don’t, the Skype rooms are free of charge. This service requires even more of my time added to my free time spent in the trade room each day which you were happy in taking all the info and trade calls recently.
Also the new service has a SMS cost, so between the extra time load and a SMS costs, there is a small fee.

That is the difference between the two services.

Hope that clears up your mistakes and questions that your chomping to post in the heat of the moment with your couple of buddies.

Luke

EURUSD broke the downside forecast level this week which I posted Monday @ 1.2985 to go on and hit both targets at 1.2910, 1.2850.

I now have a fresh forecast for the reminder of this week.

[B]To the upside, EURUSD needs to clear 1.2904 for a move to 1.2930 then 1.2995.

On the downside, a break of 1.2845 will lead to a move to 1.2755.[/B]

I have been a long term bull on the Equity markets, while others are determined to continually call tops, I have stood my ground and kept my bullish cap on. Of course, at some stage a top will print and we will under go a correction, but for the current time I view the Equity markets as having one last upside push before the seasonal cycles flip.

On this occasion I refer to the DOW JONES/WALL ST.

The most successful traders are those who make big bold brave calls and then put their money where their mouth is, and today I’m going to place my own DOW near term and end of year calls.

Based on the Reuters seasonal cycles, I do expect the DOW JONES to under go a 10-20% correction starting towards the end of April - Start of May, this correction should last for a forecasted time period of 3.5 months before consolidating and then moving back up to print fresh highs at 15200+ by end of year.

But before we see this 10/20% correction over a 3.5/4 month period, our near term target should be placed at 14700/750.

Our weekly and daily trends are firmly intact, despite the recent top calling from various people and analysts, no reversal has taken place, also not signs of a reversal has taken place. I have been taught and trained to only trade trend reversals after confirmation has taken place… As of yet, no reversal, no confirmation.

The recent decline below 14500 to 14381 on the DOW was an optimal trading opportunity to enter LONG on the up-trend, but if you have missed this opportunity, then plenty more will present themselves. The recent US close back above 14500 is very bullish after the daily dip and should be now seen as accumulation options available to you.

Personally I will be looking to build a LONG position each and every time the DOW JONES dips to and rejects from its 4 hour 55ema over the next 2-3 sessions, even clear rejections from the 1 hour 55 ema are good options to buy, with stops below 14500, the near term target will be set at 14700 which should be reached within 3-10 sessions.

After 14700/750 is reached, I expect the seasonal cycles to take hold, this is the point where I would expect 10-20% corrections on the Equity markets to take shape over a 3.4/4 month period. These corrections should be viewed as opportunities to re-buy the DOW JONES for an end of year target of 15200+.

[B]
Near Term Target 14700

End Of Year Target 15200+[/B]

Ok, I am following your forecast… What do you suggest for a stop loss on these potential trades?
Also, forgive me for I am new at this, Do you put in two buy stop trades at 1.2904 - one with TP at 1.2930 and the other with TP at 1.2995?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

Good morning Emmarita,

When trading the forecasts you have multiple ways of placing the trades.

The first is by using ‘Options’ or ‘Binary Bets’, these eliminate the need for stops and limit your market exposure and risk.

The next option you have is placing a spot trade with a stop, if doing this, then I recommend that you wait for a confirmed break of the level. To confirm a break I recommend waiting for an hourly candle to move below the support or above the resistance by more than 20% of the candles body and close above/below the support/resistance point. You should then have confirmation that the level is being breached.

In terms of placing stops, the obvious areas would be the last swing high/low on the hourly chart before the breakout, but generally stops should be around 35-50 pips.

Luke

As per my previous DOW post, I’m net long and firmly bullish on the Equity markets for the past several months. Nothing has changed my view, therefore I seek buying opportunities in these markets.

The FTSE 100 is next on my list to buy, having come off its March highs over the past few weeks, I see a potential buying opportunity near the daily 55ema 6336 which if held should see the resumption of the uptrend and new highs printed very soon.

2-4 Week View - Look to BUY FTSE 100 between 6330/60 with a near term target @ 6750. Stops should be placed under 6300.

Luke

Following on with the EURUSD forecasts posted today, we had the break of the 1.2845 level which has lead the EURO to its target of 1.2755.

UPDATE CHART

This is just a quick update on the forecast posted on Monday for the GBPUSD.

We had a break down of the 1.5170 level as indicated on the chart above, the near term target was 1.5090 which was pretty much reached today (1.5092), the bounce is now under way from this level, if 1.5090 eventually gives way, then the next target is at 1.5030.

UPDATED CHART

Good afternoon, I hope everyone has had a profitable week so far.

This is just an update on my DOW analysis posted above.

My near term target on the DOW is 14700, we should see this level hit within the next 2-4 weeks, my call the other day was to buy off the 4 hour 55ema around 14480. Yesterday and today we have had tests and rejections from this level and the DOW has rallied 60/70pts out of hours. I would recommend booking a little profit around 14580 (+100 points) and leaving the rest of the position to run for 14700.

UPDATED 4HR CHART

The FTSE hit and rejected off the daily 55ema yesterday, my call to BUY FTSE between 6330/60 has held and FTSE has since rallied up to 6445 (+100 pts from entry). I would recommend taking a small profit off the table here and leaving the rest to run for the near term target 6700/750 which should be seen in the next 10 trading sessions.

UPDATED DAILY CHART