30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

i think another triangle yet to come in this equity

A possible cypher forming on the EURUSD 15 min. Also found a butterfly which i think will complete in the same area as the cypher pattern. Iā€™m no expert at butterfly patterns and i do not trade them. But as a confirmation signal itā€™s not bad for me. :slight_smile:

further confirmation for you, but i think your D is around the same place as my D point for a gartley. I doubt you will be able to see the gartley as it looks non-standard, but technically it is valid and hasnā€™t invalidated itself yet and i already have my limit order in place and watching to see if it invalidates.

nice, you saw that one too. am in the trade already and was just browsing. nice to see the exact same pattern in here :slight_smile: also some other confirmations that have nothing to do with harmonics at the 60 level. lets see

I got stopped out.
I knew it was risky because my fib conversions were sloppy but i decided to go for it anyway. the price pierced through the 78.6 fib too much and eventually ran my SL by a mere 6 pips before going back down where currently it is experiencing resistance on the 70.7 fib.

edit: now price has got down to just above the 61.6% fib. am sad i was stopped out by a mere six pips :frowning:

note to self. next time wait for propper fib convergance and dont be greedy trying to trade on sloppy fib convergance.

what is your typical sl and tp if i may ask?

for my stop loss here i put it half way between the 78% fib and 88% fib. my original take profit was just before the 50%, but i later changed to before the 61% as i didnt like how the pattern was developing. the results of this trade served me right really. according to my rules i shouldnt have changed the TP and i shouldnt have entered the trade as it had sloppy fib convergance

Defiance,
Thanks for the breakdown of RR. I honestly donā€™t think about it as Iā€™ve been focusing on finding patterns. But you have managed to get me thinking about what risks Iā€™m willing to take ( and can afford ).

My strongest indicator is the general trend of the market on the W1, confirmed by the pattern. On the hourly I would not take the trade. Iā€™m happy to sit on this for a few days for the market to confirm or deny.

Would it be better to be in a trade early?

My orders on the EURUSD got triggered but i had no possibility to monitor the trade. When i got home i saw that my TP 1 had been hit but my order never got closed because i made an error not thinking about the spread (still getting used to the new platform). So since my TP 1 got hit i closed the first position manually a bit late instead and moved my stop on the second position to break even +1 pip and i got stopped out. Even though price seems to continue push down now a nice trade with a little struggle because i need to get used to the platform.

But hey, -17 pips for today is not so bad after all since i made +60 yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile:
yeah, thats the exact same gartley i traded.
I knew the price would likely breach the 78.6% of XA somewhat ā€¦but i underestimated it by 6 pips and got stopped out.

yes. Its always better to be in a trade early [rather than a late entry]. your stops and risk are much easier to see and define. If you enter late then you have to make sure you do it properly.

And guess what. The next oportunity is right around the corner. A cypher pattern on the same pair. :wink:

Thats actually pretty common. Cyphers tend to form after another advanced pattern like the bat or gartley have completed.

Really nice possible gartley forming on the USDJPY. Letā€™s hope price wonā€™t violate this C point.

On this particular pattern we have AB=CD in length and completes at the 0.786 level of XA. We have a 1.272 extension of AB and a 1.272 invertion of BC lining up with the 0.786 level aswell. On top of all this we have a nice resistance level looking left.

This trade is to good to be missed. Add a RSI overbought and divergence to this and you have the trade of the year. :wink:

when I plot it in iā€™m not getting any convergance [at the time of writing]:33:

I redrew it, and now i am getting convergance. Yes i think the price will react off the 78.6 fib. but the convergance I am getting is sloppy. similar to the EUR/USD trade, so what will likely happen is that the price will again peirce through the 78.6% fib a fair deal.

I said in my last couple of posts that I will not trade these types of gartleys. Iā€™m going to stick with it this time and not trade this. I expect youā€™ll be able to trade it just fine Diablo as you have your stop above the X, but when you run tight stops like me, these kinds of setups arnā€™t too ideal

Thats weird. What broker are you using?

I am noyt using TMBā€™s method. I mean the extension (1.272) of AB, invertion (1.272) of BC and just draw a line from A to B, copy it and move to C. :wink:

Would like to show you what i mean in a video but do not have the time to make one atm, sry.

dont worry. look above. I re-drew it and saw it.

price has moved with too much with a bearish momentum. The past C is now void and currently moving. If it fails to stop soon it will invalidate any potential gartley

Well, thats part of the game. Just erase and redraw. :slight_smile:

I wonā€™t be in front of my computer until tomorrow morning (10 hours). Have a nice day/evening everyone!

bullish bat !

yess 30 pips at bag:57: