45 Pips Per Day System Eur/usd

James,

Your trading system is very interesting I have downloaded topchess VT trader signals (thanks topchess) with your formula and imported them into VT trader. My problem is I’m quite new to trading so some of the charting is a little overwhelming at this time, but I’m trying to learn a little bit more every day. I’m just wondering if you do any type of consulting/teaching.

Best regards,

Anthony

Hi there
No problem ask away glad to help

Jim

Thanks James,

When I setup your indicators I had my systems (VT trader) set to 5 minutes… I believe it should be set that 30 minutes? Having it set at five minutes is like viewing a three ring circus… :eek:

Anthony

Hi Etrader

Yes always keep this system on 30 mins also if you are new you might want to add a 5/10 EMA as well to use as a cross over for exter help of when to enter and exit as the SAR sometimes takes 2 or 3 dots more to enter / exit. try on demo for aweek or two before putting real money on.

JIM

Hey Jim,

Yea I’m so new I do not know how to “add a 5/10 EMA”, but I will figure it out and post my findings here.

Anthony

Ok EMA = Exponential Moving Average

and I believe 5/10 = 5 an 10 minutes and now I will figure out how to chart these in VT systems VTrading Systems … be back soon to post :).

Anthony

From what I understand I think you’re suggesting setting up two separate indicators one for the 5 minute EMA (Exponential Moving Average) and one for the 10 minute (probably two lines of different colors to help distinguish the difference).

To set this up in visual trader I use the following method:

right-click on chart>
add indicators>
moving average>

[indicator properties]

[price]
>close
>open
>low
>high
>median price
>typical price
>indicator
>volume

Not sure which option to choose (left it on close)?

[period]
>numerical value

Think this is where the 5/10 come into play?

[type]
>exponential

Other choices but I’m pretty sure this is the correct one :).

[vertical shifts %]
>numerical value

[horizontal shift]
>numerical value

For now I set this up using the below parameters. Please correct me if these need adjustments.

5 EMA
[price]= close
[period]= 5 minute
[type]= exponential
[vertical shifts %]= 0
[horizontal shift]= 0
[color]= red

10 EMA
[price]= close
[period]= 10 minute
[type]= exponential
[vertical shifts %]= 0
[horizontal shift]= 0
[color]= black

Anthony

Hello,

I have a question regrarding this trading system.

At about 21.00 on the 24 Jan 07 the trading system signaled to go in long, but the MACD lines did not cross over. My question is why did it signal going long when they MACD lines didnt cross over? If i was to go long on that trade that sure wouldnt be following the system rules right?

Could you please post the trading system here? I think the signals should appear only when two conditions are true, MACD and SAR.

[QUOTE=topchess;2982]Could you please post the trading system here? I think the signals should appear only when two conditions are true, MACD and SAR.[/QUOTE]

Have a look at these two attachments topchess.

I understand now.

The system condition is to signal long or short when both conditions are true (MACD cross and SAR in place) regardless of which happened first. In a status that both conditions are true, MACD long, and SAR below. it will give buy. and vice versa.

We can play with the conditions if you only want signals to appear in the following formula : Only when MACD cross the same time SAR signals. but I do not think that what traders want.

I thought that the MACD lines must be crossing for it to signal to enter trade. I was looking at back testing and all the signals are when the MACD line are crossing over and not when they have crossed and gone along, like what i pointed out in the images.

As I have pointed out… lets consider an example to make it clear.

Say at bar number 1 SAR went below the candles and closed below them, in this case the SAR is signalling “Long” but MACD haven’t crossed yet for long, the system will wait until MACD cross for long at bar number 10 and SAR still below candles to give you an entry arrow.

Also if MACD crossed for long the system will make sure that SAR is below candles at that time to signal long.

So signal appears only when two conditions are true.

[B]p[/B]lease can you add some screen shot about the system without arrows just with the main notes and if there some false signals with this system

Thanks Topchess for answering the questions

Iam having a nightmare logging on to this site at the monent.

JIM

Topchess thanks for your reply and explianation, but i am still having a little difficulty understand what your trying to explain. Is there any chance of you posting screen shots please? :slight_smile:

Thank you. :slight_smile:

If you still have further questions, do not hesitate.

Hi topchess, excellent visual presentation.

Anybody trading this system live? It would be nice if you can post live results.

From that image i totaly understand it and thats how i thought the rule was, but if you look at the images i posted it signals to buy even though the MACD lines are not crossing. At one point the MACD lines had crossed and later on about an hour or so the signal came. Thats where i dont understand.

I dont know if i have made my self clear there. Its a bit hard trying to explain.

Topchess,

I dont know if this image helps explaining what im trying to explain.

Cheers