45 Pips Per Day System Eur/usd

Oh friend,

The first and only signal came after MACD cross for simple reason, SAR was above price (short criteria) so even when MACD cross it won’t just give long entry, it will wait for SAR to go below price, got this?

Also, MACD crossed many times after that yet no signal appears… yes, because SAR was always long (below price) … so the original signal was long, and it continued forever… (as long as SAR below price…even when MACD cross hundreds times)

mmm… I think im feeling this now Topchess and understanding it.:slight_smile:

So let me explain it. After the MACD lines cross depending on which way they cross the SAR must signal that way, so if the MACD lines cross signaling long and SAR still showing signal short then the trading signal wont appear until the SAR shows long right? Am i correct in saying all that? :slight_smile:

Exactly!

That also explains why you never got any new signals when MACD cross after the first signal (because SAR was pointing in one direction)

Thank you very much Topchess for your help :slight_smile:

Should I be using MACD 12,26,9?
Is there a ‘normal’ set of conditions I should set or is that alright?

Hi concept, that is correct. Refer to topchess post #37.

Ahh ok thank you for referring me to that post. I must of missed it when I was reading through them the first time.

TopChess,

Sent you an email…

Does the Alert file work on MT4 or only on Virtual Trader? if so, Can some one with programming experience, program the Audio Alert Signal to work with the MT4 platform?

Thanks
Theo

hello guys ,i’m looking around to choose the best system ,since 3 months , do you know dealbook 360 and if yes how can you compare it with vt trader?

Recently(1.30.07@10:30:00 to 1.31.07@1:00:00) the Eur/Usd there was some noise as far as trading signals. The pair was trending but slowed into a ranging situation and the PSar dots kept flipping. Any advice on what to do in this situation ie ‘filter’ out the noise?

Also to clarify- is the PSAR the main technical indicator while the MACD provides additional confirmation for entry/staying in the trade.

+mp

I did a little backtesting and it seems from 10.30.06-11.14.06, there isn’t much to be made only 4pips. I realize this is a short time but after two weeks if only 4pips are made there has to be something up. At first it started with a good profit margin but there were a lot of “noise” areas that ate up the profit pips. It just doesn’t seem like a viable trading system. :frowning:

When I apply James’ trade system to VT trader I can see the result but I actually have to add the MACD indicator in order to actually see the cross over.
Could someone explain why this is happening. Also, James, or anyone else, are there any updates to the trading system?

Keep up the good work guys.

Thanks for the help James; the system produces very consistent results. Here:D are my questions:

How many minilots would you trade with $10,000?

What are the best hours of the day to trade this system?

Since you don’t use stops how often do you check the trade?

Would you use stops, trailing stops, alerts or just close out your trade when you leave your station?

There are times when the two MACD lines look like one(virtually parallel) and if you heighten the MACD screen you can detect a small degree of separation.
When you analyze the MACD do you ever maximize your view(height) in order to determine if there has been a crossover?

Thanks again for your help.

Jack Ligon

Hi there

I only trade one lot @ �10 PER PIP

Anytime realy i trade from 7.00 am in the uk until 5.00 pm because i set one trade for this and i trade another system as well, as i do this full time.

I am at the Desk all the time but you can get brokers were you can check up on your moblie or pda if you dont want to sit there all day.

Yes i would use trailing stops if you are going to leave it all day but the best bet is as above get a broker were you can see it on a pda i think thats what they call them anyway. then you can keep checking and close out or ajust if you want to.

Regards the MACD no not realy if it does’nt jump out at you on the screen dont worry if you are new as i said before you can always but a couple of MA
on as well to give you another signal.

Hope this helps

Regards
Jim

Jim, What do you mean when MACD cross. Do you mean starts lower or starts higher. I have MACD set on 12,26,9 in separate window.

James,

Do you specifically target 45 pips or do you just let the trade run until it meets your exit criteria? Do you also close out your trades at the end of the day or before news events?

On an unrelated topic, do any of you guys that use VT Trader know if you can send alerts to email or cell phones?

Topgun

Hi

To stdummy the answer is yes

To Topgun no let it run i just say its an Ave of 45

For news avents is depends how many pips i have and what news , i let it ride on the other hand if its NFP then i will close out until after ,the reason i say this is i trade the news as well so i cover everything its up to you.

JIM

Hey james,
Your system looks good so far. I know you only trade on EURUSd, but im just wondering if you have tested it on any other currecny pair. And also do you think its possible to post a few of ur current tradres from this system, so that we can follow along as in a live trade.

thanks and all the best with trading.

I think it would be helpful if you guys can post trade charts so we can see the parameters of the trade, reasons behind the trade, why?, etc. I personally have not traded Euros that much.

Hi James and all!

I am new to trading ,in the process of early education.
I am setting a chart up to monitor your system which really interests me,however would you please tell me how I get the 2 indicating lines on MACD (on Metatrder4 ) I only have 1 showing.

Cheers