A trader in NEED..help please

Be honest. This “self education” is really information you’ve gathered from other people and tried to make sense of, from your perspective. The term autodidact can be misleading. Unless you are achieving something none before you have, you are not truly self taught. A true autodidact is an inventor, a scientist, a theorist and innovator. Successful traders exist all around the world, and ultimately, dead or alive, they are the source of the information we study. Extreme honesty with yourself is another requirement for this business. Sound practical?

Translation:

[I]I failed miserably at the trading project that I spent way too much time promoting and setting up, so now I’m going to run away from what is challenging and just do what is easiest for the next few years.[/I]

Hey Jezzode… you’ll still be a failure in a few years, no matter how much fun you have :wink:

Hi quickprick,

You’re absolutely right! I would honestly love to respond to your comments in an entertaining quick witted post, however I get the feeling you’re not the sort of educated individual who would be able to read ‘[I]in between the lines[/I]’, or you would have avoided posting such a shallow, intellectually frightened post for the simpleton of which you represent.

I have no issue dealing with failure - because without failure you can’t succeed.

ralphben, you may try this.

Profitable traders are not mentors because they will make more money trading than teaching. So, you have to be your own mentor I am afraid.

I quite agree, mentors/teachers can easily show performance. Post a few charts and the related entries in the MT4 logs… nothing difficult about that. Would inspire confidence and probably bring some more attention.
What I have seen over a number of years… people teaching are less than proficient at trading. Best source, according to my own experience, is to closely follow a couple threads where people are developing a system, see the inputs and questions in that thread and then experiment with the threads’ ideas.
Earlier today I saw an idea in here and am attempting currently to optimize the idea… it may be a waste of time. or I may be able to develop an ea that gives satisfactory results… and I will benefit from the experience whether it loses or wins.

There are several book available on Google about forex and you can also get the help from your broker, so you can learn efficiently with the help of Google search engine.

It is a good thing that you seek the help of a mentor. Every trader needs a mentor. When you find one, look out for these things, that’s what a good mentors does. A mentor chosen wisely will provide you with practical solutions to real trading problems. He will be there to walk you through the most common cognitive and emotional tendencies that can ruin your efforts at identifying and trading market patterns. Another thing you must also understand is this, when you hire a mentor, remember that if you are not serious about trading no mentor can help. A mentor’s job is to help you understand yourself and teach you skills to understand market and have control over your mind and emotions.

Hello there,
thanks for reading as always.
I have huge experience, but at the same time i dont want to be a ‘mentor’ or ádvisor’.
I can help if needed.
The best mentor is YOU. and only YOU.
The most important is to take the decision!
Let me know if needed