Academy of Financial Trading

the school here is great taking the ultimate traders program with academyft and i have to admit that most things you can learn on google is junk sometimes there is a reason why something costs a nickle or two i can only warmly recommend you to take the programs with academyft they not only teach you how the real pros earn on your stops being hit they also make it really easy and clear to find entries exits stop losses and such (not the usual way)
Regards
Teis

Just did the cheapo €20 trading course with academy of financial trading. And to be honest for €20 it is worth it. But there isnt a hope in hell I am doing the advanced course. The lads are salesmen. Ever since I signed up for the course they have been bombarding me with phone calls and emails.

I replied to one email saying I wasnt interested as I was doing an advanced course (internship) with a different trading education company (I wont name it here - because I know how much it infuriates some of the traders here when they here people paying for courses :slight_smile:

I also advised them that the trading platform I use is through a spreadbetting company and that I didnt want to use their leveraged CFD trading methods. Their reply was that spreadbetting companies “will close your account because they only make money when you lose…, We have all had SB accounts closed on us”.

While I doubt the validity of this statement I would like to get confirmation from others out there whether they have been able to make a living through SB - any links to threads would be much appreciated

As an aside I have started the school of pipsology and finding it excellent so far. But I definitely think there is room for beginner traders to get structured education as long as they are willing to put the work in and do the research instead of looking for companies to spoon feed you, which in a some ways that is what the academy of Ft promises.

Anyway sorry for my rambling note above. Looking forward to completing the school of pipsology and complementing that information with the my two week internship

CHeers
M

Having read t

I have literally just finished their beginners course, I had been looking to see what others said, which is actually why I even registered here so I could give my feedback:

I really enjoyed the course, I know you guys said that a lot is available online, that’s probably true, but I liked how it was taught, otherwise I probably would have given up trying to learn this stuff.

I looked at their more advncd course, it looks pretty good, I was put off in the end by what at first seemed like a nice lady on their team, but after receiving 4 calls from her I was sure I wasn’t going to do it. She literally rambled on for about 10-15 minutes every time mostly repeating herself, I couldnt get a word in edgewise!!! What makes listening to someone talk AT you for this long worse is that she was talking complete BS! I asked her a question and she completely dodged it, I got the distinct impression she hadn’t a clue what she was talking about initially, this was confirmed when I actually listned to what she was saying, she literally had ZERO clue. She sounded crazy if I’m honest! haha On the 3rd call I figured out how to get her to go away, ask a difficutl question! She just hangs up! I was happy with that. Worked on the last call too. That said I spoke to a guy in there called comrac who sorted out something for me in literally 2 minutes at the start of the course, which was impressive as i didn’t think an online company would be that quick to act.

All in all, good course, but weird calls from a weird woman.

Cantrader… It’s a year since you talked about taking the UTP program. How did it go?

It’s funny I just unsubscribed to the newsletter from BabyPips a few days ago, and then I got a friend request from someone associated with BabyPips, plus this direct question. I almost didn’t respond… To be honest with you, I thought the UTP course was great - I actually used their program until about January, so for about 9 months. I was in between jobs so had the time to spend learning, as I am a total novice, but I did OK. I probably could have cut back on the number of things I was trading and stayed at it, but I am an all or none type of person. I have since started a wholesale distribution company, but am glad I took the UTF course. I think the method they teach is perfect for a part-time casual trader.

Thanks for replying and good luck with your distribution company!

[QUOTE=“CanTrader;623512”] It’s funny I just unsubscribed to the newsletter from BabyPips a few days ago, and then I got a friend request from someone associated with BabyPips, plus this direct question. I almost didn’t respond… To be honest with you, I thought the UTP course was great - I actually used their program until about January, so for about 9 months. I was in between jobs so had the time to spend learning, as I am a total novice, but I did OK. I probably could have cut back on the number of things I was trading and stayed at it, but I am an all or none type of person. I have since started a wholesale distribution company, but am glad I took the UTF course. I think the method they teach is perfect for a part-time casual trader.[/QUOTE]

Can you comment on the strategies that they were offering? Their pitch was that by following their strategies you could make returns of 50%+ or something like that. Thanks

We here at the Academy of Financial Trading have decided to post a general response to address as best as possible, many of the points put forward by contributors on this thread.

While some of the posts appear genuine others unfortunately have become in some instances derogatory and offensive. Of particular note is the “banned” contributor on page one of this thread stating amongst other things that the Academy of Financial Trading are “a small group of marketers in their bedrooms while the wife makes the dinner”. We are frustrated by the stereotypical offensive approach that the ‘wife must be making dinner’ – why must this be the role that a wife must play? We at the Academy of Financial Trading are very much an equal opportunities employer and we treat each student absolutely identically. This industry is, as a matter of fact, male dominated. Comments like these damage the industry and make professionals such as ourselves appear guilty by association, which we are not. Regardless of the jibes directed at the Academy of Financial Trading, we would hope that this type of needless offensive terminology becomes a thing of the past on these types of public forums.

Keeping in mind, this is a forum on an educational website, commercially driven by broker advertising, that optimises our company name in their page titles and keywords etc. to drive a portion of our customer traffic to this thread there are obvious reasons why we have avoided responding in this environment and perpetuating the search popularity of this thread.

By the way, we are impressed by the success Babypips have had and like the School of Pipsology. It is a nice online resource and while, as many have stated, all information is freely available on the web, it is nice to have this forex introductory material all in one place.

But let us be very clear here. Online brokerages, more often than not, make money when retail client’s trade. They have no interest in the clients making money and in many cases are commercially structured to benefit when a retail client loses.

This website benefits from broker advertising. It does not help the brokerage industry to have institutions like the Academy of Financial Trading pointing out that successful trading is extremely difficult and the fact that the majority of most retail traders fail. We are effectively “putting our head in the lions mouth” by addressing this forum and are not that naïve to not expect further negativity to be directed at us as a result of this post.

But we live in hope of legitimate free speech and do want to address the following main points just for clarity on this thread:

1. The Academy of Financial Trading is run from a bedroom.
    At time of writing this The Academy of Financial Trading has in excess of 30 full time staff in the Dublin Ireland offices and a number of educational offices in various countries around the world. Nobody at the Academy works from any residential building.

2. The exact content of the Academy of Financial Trading is freely available online and the Academy of Financial Trading are marketing and profiteering from such freely available content.

OK, this is not a short answer so if you want our full perspective on this read on. Whilst there may in fact be shared headings of areas of education that is exactly the case in all educational realms. This statement is akin to saying if University X and University Y both teach Medicine and more specifically Metabolic Conditions within Infants, both Universities exact course content and more importantly quality plus educational methods and outcomes must be identical. This point is fundamentally flawed. As we are sure we can all agree - ‘topic heading’ aren’t always the most important aspect, the exact intricacies, the perspective of the educators and implementation of said content are often considerably more important.

What the Academy of Financial Trading represents is a unique combination of successful traders who have chosen to educate because they have a passion for it and they are good at educating. It is often said that those who educate cannot practice. That argument is, with respect, also fundamentally flawed.

In society surely we do not believe that every medical educator is a failed practitioner, as if this were the case the standards of education within medicine would decline year on year and we would in fact be reducing individual life expectancy in years as opposed to increasing it, as is thankfully happening in most regions and hopefully many more in the years to come. Surely we accept the same is true in pharmacology that educators often choose to educate as they are good at it, as they have a passion for teaching, assisting, supporting and inspiring students. Those same educators might also be working on projects or products outside of immediate classroom based work, which in turn helps society.
Public speaking and teaching are not for everyone, particularly in a live format. Online live teaching can in fact be even more difficult, with no faces, no physical participants to cast doubt and show retention of information, the educator can often lose focus, passion, enthusiasm or interest if they are truly not passionate about their subject matter.

The Academy of Financial Trading chooses to focus on live online education, where there is a no script, as any student of the Academy of Financial Trading has seen. This takes extreme subject matter knowledge, this takes exceptional energy and focus to consistently delivery to the standards that we do. The Academy of Financial Trading has physically delivered thousands of hours of live audio and visual education. Every minute of every lesson is analysed – where did the student lose attention and/or interest. Where did we fail? How can we do better? We are more critical of ourselves than any student could ever be. We improve every hour of every day. We are not perfect, nor will we ever be, however we are very good. We are not going to make any bold assertions about other individuals or educational providers as we favour fair trade. We believe there is no value in a business if you must keep talking about your competitors rather than build your own brand, with our standards and services. We are here for good. We are always getting better for that is what the world of education is and how traders should view their discipline – they can always do better as can we!

We would like to differentiate between passively presenting information and truly educating. We are focussed on the latter.
Let us consider in greater detail the following point of passively presenting information, much like a library, be it online and/or offline, versus live delivery with tutor support and the ability to question in real time, much like a university would teach – we are focussed on the latter. Many people say all of the information on X subject is freely available so why buy Z course. This is particularly the case in trading where corporates with vested interests in making trading appear easy might present ‘free education’, however as we all still know very little in this world is truly ‘free’. This argument that information is freely available is totally true of trading as it is with medicine and almost all other fields.

When studying medicine, could an individual instead choose to attend libraries, online and/or offline, and review online content in order to reach a particular objective? The answer is, in theory they could. Would this be the most intelligent or efficient way of achieving their desired objective? Of course not, as they are likely to spend thousands of hours deciphering what is salient and what is not, prior to truly even learning. They may also not be suitable to the passive teaching methods of such education, which historically have not been as successful as live teaching e.g. distant learning vs class room based. Perhaps the would-be trader prefers, consciously or subconsciously to be taught, to have structure, to have help, to have tutors, all of whom are subject matter experts.

Instead the would-be medical practitioner choses to attend live classroom education with experienced practitioners and indeed academics who teach them best practices rather than consistently reinventing the wheel. This is crucial. They should seek to learn from those successful past participants before attempting to invent the future. This more efficient student elects to pay a premium for their classroom based education as it achieves one crucial thing – it saves time, time being the one thing we cannot buy more of. Time being the commodity that were it to be tradable it could indeed have a one directional trajectory. This option provides some barriers, particularly financial and again our friend time. In terms of the latter, some students might have x amount of time available, for example one hour per day, however they cannot commit to the exact hours of physical attendance, they may also have difficulties commuting.

That is where the Academy of Financial Trading steps in. We do provide live training, however we have the resources to host lessons at multiple start times per day [typically 6 options], this means the student has variety to fit their live education into their life whilst also not having to travel at all as they can attend from home, work or wherever they see fit. This means the student has the best of classroom based education and support but at their convenience.

Then we go back to cost. We do charge for our educational services. We are a commercial entity and unashamedly so. Our model sees us provide excellent services at an accessible price. This serves us well, as satisfied traders in turn recommend their friends, family and peers to us. Rather than being similar to a physical university and charging high four and five figure sums, our costs are usually a very small percentage of such training as we have less costs and can have larger class sizes. We also do run promotions from time to time for one very simple reason – supply and demand. We are transparent. Our aim is to provide the best services humanly possible, as it is this customer service based approach that works best for us commercially, morally and ethically. It is these core principles on which we are founded which will ensure our continued growth and presence within this industry.

Our educational offerings and teaching methods, in our opinion, are unparalleled, having reviewed as much as humanly possible of what is out there, given the fact students can attend live at a time of their choosing, can re-attend live again at a time of their choosing and as often as they see fit. Students can ask questions in real time, given the fact they can re-watch a live lesson in an on demand format and can directly reach the educators in question by phone or email as often as they see fit.

Some individuals and commercial entities take exception to us charging and providing this level of service as their model is to provide ‘free’ education in an on demand format – much like the library provides books to you but has difficulty ensuring either you read the books or grasp the content.

Some unscrupulous operators may choose to make trading appear artificially easy. Financial trading, as we are sure we can all agree, is not easy and students need to work with entities whose interests are fully aligned with theirs. We are an educational institution and legally recognised as being just that, we are not a marketing platform of any description. We are not marketers, however we do market ourselves. We do so unashamedly just like every major brand and product does globally. We are obtaining further accreditation for our educational services consistently. We are approved by many of the most respected professional organisations globally as providing education which is suitable for CPD hours within that profession.

We take a much needed impartial perspective and are extremely passionate about communicating our real world trading view to as many people as we can. If this is considered as being sales then we will not beg to differ. We will continue to promote as best we can the trading methodologies and knowhow we live by on a day to day basis. We will also continue to maximise our long term profitability through providing value as any serious business would. No business can have continued growth and quality of earnings without having focus on commercial sustainability. This is plain business sense, not something to shy away from, rather, are some of the factors we would promote in the analysis of any business’s value.

The Academy of Financial Trading feels it has answered all posts. We understand each point and the individuals in each questions perspectives. We too have seen far too many get rich quick schemes. We are here to stay and we are not interested in brand tarnishing with individuals or corporates. We will continue to be the destination for the highest quality, most professional live online financial trading education for many years to come and we welcome all individuals who are serious about trading to join us.

Thank you for your time and congratulations for having the dedication to listen to what we and so many other dedicated traders have to say.

I wouldn’t pay any money to any educational trading service, they have nothing more to offer you than the babypips school.

1 Like

Just in response to the official Academy of Financial Trading reply;

Very well worded and all seems very reasonable.

The fact that they are an unashamed commercial entity is fine - the fact that they are duping people on a daily basis out of there money is not fine.

They claim to offer live sessions (and if you check their offers they all state the word live) however they are not all live. The only actual 100% live sessions are the GMT 7PM sessions. All others are re-plays of this. I have encountered this first hand as I signed up to two separate time-zones, both were word for word identical, with the same pauses, coughs, jokes and names of participants mentioned throughout. I would not say that they are an outright scam - however they are advertising something which many are not receiving as described.

Oh and well done on getting this thread to show up lower in the google search Academyft, unfortunately for you it’s still on page 1!

If any student on any of our live course programmes is in any doubt as to the live aspect, simply ask the presenter on the webinar to read out your name live on that webinar.

As much as I can see most of the answers are referring to you not to pay any money for education so as mine recommendation is in a same way; you should not pay a penny for courses or any other type of education. You’ll find everything you need about the forex trading online.

It is a fair point regarding freely available information and one which we respect. As within our original response, this point regarding ‘free’ information relates to every profession and discipline. However, Universities still serve a valid purpose in society, to teach in a structured supporting environment as opposed to making education available in a manner akin to a digital library. What we represent is a teaching institution, who is recognised as such via accreditation and eligibility from a CPD perspective with many of the world’s most respected professional institutions as opposed to an on-demand freely available library. Both do have their purposes. As such, we do not attempt to tarnish third parties as this is not what we stand for.

I would like to add my feeback on AcademyFT I enrolled on the groupon deal and did sign up for the ultimate traders programme. I have found the course to be very informative the indicator which has been updated along with a trade sizer has been very useful. Some points to bear in mind is that once you enrol they do provide a lifetime of support i.e being able to enrol again on the course at no additional fees. being made avialable I haMe personally I have gone through the UTP course 2-3 times because of the live interaction and new questions that get presented by other participants. Am i the finished article ? absolutely not, but from where I was 18 months ago I have gained knowledge and experience. The support provided by AcademyFT when I have contacted them has been first class especially when there has been an issue installing the indicator.

As with most things in life you dont normally get anything for free and I felt the money for the course was good value.

Overall I am very satisfied with the service and in this day and age most companies now rely on providing a good service to continue. Would I reccommend them to a friend my honest answer is Yes i would because of my own experience. However each to their own. Like sites like Trip Advisor when I have received a good service I now post my feedback and likewise when I receive a poor service I do the same. People can them normally read through the general overall feedback and if the company gets a good score overall you normally know that they are decent to go with.

Keep up the good work

Mark Drury

I also enrolled to the ultimate traders program and if I was to me honest, then I would say that the service isn’t as good as it could be. I found it difficult to get a reply once Id’e handed my money over. You are told that you can use the indicator on more than one account yet they wouldn’t acknowledge my email when I requested to activate another. I also never received my ‘quarterly review’ that they boast about. As for the system that they sell, all they have done is reinvented the Turtle Trading strategy (google it) and an indicator to work on MT4. The Broker that they recommended had problems and so you could only trade currency pairs and some stock and for this kind of system you need a larger choice of instruments to trade. You can find the indicator via another website that works with TOS. In fact it’s superior to the one that they supply… and it also back tests the system for a set period of time of which showed far more losing trades (P/L) than winning trades. All in all it’s not going to teach you to trade, it’s a ‘strategy’ and one that I would be skeptical in put my money to. I wish for one that I hadn’t spent the money. Lesson learnt!

I do agree with you. I just finish my Foundation Trading Course and it is great, a bit basic but really interesting for a beghiners.
Did you do advanced Ultimate Trading Program? How was it? Pleas contact me.

Jimi, read the thread before you commit or even just the message above. Might save yourself ÂŁ600

We pride ourselves on the level of support that we provide here at the Academy of Financial Trading, having won numerous awards based on this level of support and been recognised by many of the most esteemed professional bodies globally. We do provide quarterly trade reviews, however only upon request of a student, as we do not want to pressurise any students into live or practice trading until they are fully comfortable with their new found knowledge and trading methodologies.

Turtle trading approaches are based upon the classical principles of buying strength and selling weakness. These methodologies have been around since humans began engaging in commercial activities with one another. This is also how almost every global market maker works, they let their profits, and hence client losses run, and hedge their losses as a company and offset their client profits quickly. Neither we nor they nor the turtles invented the wheel, it was already round, we just made it faster and easier for new traders to use. It is important to point out that many of our backgrounds are from within the brokerage and more importantly market maker world. It is the case that many of our approaches attempt to capitalise on large movements where momentum plays a huge role, however our strategies and indeed our indicators and risk management software, which are continuously evolving and being updated free of charge, are dramatically different, particularly due to their changes algorithmically in times of high and low volatility, something those who briefly examine our strategies would not appreciate nor have had experience with. We show exact entry and exit points, along with exact points to scale in and add to winning positions. We also provide our own risk management software that has been developed to work in tandem with our indicator to help students turn trading into a profitable secondary income and reduce the amount of time spent identifying exact risk exposure and entry/exit points. Our indicator has been developed in house and has been back tested over tens of thousands of trades to ensure profitability, as a high percentage of “winning” trades will not necessarily result in profitable trading without a proven risk management strategy in place. After all of that is said, trading still isn’t for everybody. The previous sentence is not good commercially for us to say but it is the truth therefore we say it anyway. If people cannot accept, follow and remain disciplined to a plan, then there is no point in trading.

We respect feedback from all of our students, positive and negative. Having educated over 70,000 paying for students, in ten different languages, in almost every country globally, negative feedback is of course to be expected. Does that make us happy? Absolutely not, however we aim to turn all negatives into positives as that is how we as a company improve, much like how we as traders improved our chosen discipline, by critically and honestly assessing ourselves and accepting we weren’t and aren’t perfect but we strive for it each day, that is one of the major beauties of the intellectual pursuit of trading. We encourage the original poster and indeed anyone else, at any time, to liaise with us for further assistance and to avail of the one to one support offered upon such request.

Separately we too encourage all to read our original post some pages as it fully represents our position which we hope all respect as much as we respect theirs.

We respect what Babypips do as a company providing on-demand content, a modern trading library if you will. What we represent is a totally different proposition. We only provides live online education delivered in a structured manner with real time human support by phone and email at time, much like most other educational institutions and universities globally, we truly want to teach people and prevent negative experiences which are all too common in this industry laced with banner and flash advertisements, tracking cookies, hidden IB deals and such like.

We wish all the very best and most prosperous trading from all the team at the Academy of Financial Trading.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I will be doing the UTP course starting the 18th November and will keep everyone up to date on my thoughts, and will post an honest review.

I just started the course today. And sadly its recorded. I asked the presenter multiple times to mention my name live, to no avail. Luckily I enrolled via Groupon as it was heavily discounted, still a waste of money. STAY CLEAR OF THIS SCAM! Better stick to baby pips lessons.