Academy of Financial Trading

We can offer assurances that our webinars are conducted live and we will respond to all client questions during each webinar either verbally or via the chat box. Due to the volume of questions we receive during each webinar it is not possible to call out the name of every single attendee, as to do so would disrupt the flow of the webinar. If you would like to reach out to us directly we would be happy to discuss further and prove the webinars are conducted live.

I am not asking for you to mention ALL of the students. Itā€™s just that, since it was my first webinar I merely asked the presenter over and over again (in caps) to mention my name ONCE to prove that it was not a recording. And the presenter could not even do that.

Iā€™m not here to tarnish your reputation, Iā€™m just sharing my experience. If the experience went well, I would praise your academy. I would be more than glad to detract my previous post if the presenter can mention my name during one of the webinars. Simple as that.

We do genuinely appreciate all feedback and ensure we address it in as efficient a manner as possible. I have informed our educator of the issue and have asked that he look to address any similar questions during our next webinar verbally as opposed to a typed response. If we were to read out all of the names we often fear it would become a name reading exercise as opposed to trading education, however in this instance you are totally right that we should and indeed we will. If you require any assistance in relation to content please do feel free to contact us at any time and we look forward to fully assisting you during all of your live webinars.

After the second webinar, the presenter FINALLY noticed one my questions and rest assured the Academy of Financial Trading is conducted LIVE. I was mistaken, and i do appreciate their team for reaching out to me to make sure that my second webinar experience would be better.

Now that that is settled, the usefulness of registering in their classes is subjective. I can definitely see why some people would prefer it over learning trading individually, the presenter explains the lessons in a good pace and explains it rather well. However reading and studying on your own is just as good if not better. It entirely depends on the individual, whether or not you read on your own or you enrol in AcademyFT, if you have the desire to learn you will grasp the topic.

I have one lesson of the UTP education at Academy of Financial Trading left and I am very satisfied with everything! Great support every day per mail and telephone, with your own Account Manager! Perfect! I think, to learn strategies is absolutely the best with this education! Then itĀ“s up to each, to use their brain, with the strategies in the back of the head when you start trading for real! Well invested money and I recommend them the warmest! PSTā€¦ They will always be there for youā€¦ even after you finish the education! Thumb up for that! Mai Widme

Hi.

I am almost done with the foundation course and I did find it very interesting. The academy was very open and honest and they did mention on many occasions that you will not get rich over-night! I am busy trying to decided if I should do their Ultimate Traders Program. Although they are offering it at a discount, itā€™s still a lot of money (695 euro). I am still very new to the trading environment so this course might not be a bad idea. I have read this thread and a lot more experienced traders are saying that itā€™s not a good idea but a lot of newbies are saying its OK.

I am still very confused but I have decided to start with the education on this site and complete the foundation course at the academy and then judge from there!

Any advice from you guys would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :13:

Have read through a few of the contributions here ā€¦ not allā€¦ and get the impression that the Academy of Financial Trading is seen as a fly by night operation run from a bedroom and offering nothing more than is available online free. This has not been my experience with the Academy. I have found them to be professional and very responsive to my needs and their after sales service is excellent. For those who want to know I have visited their offices in Dublin. I have met the guys and they are 100% genuine. I have been trading a ā€˜dummyā€™ account ( as per their recommendation) and this has been profitable using their UTI indicator and employing their trading rules. I have revisited the video upload of the course I did several times to refresh my learning and to clarify thing. I can also take the course Live again and it is Live because when I asked questions they were answered and the answer was directed at e by nameā€¦

You do get a lot of trading info online . What you get with this course though is a specific trading strategy with entries and exits that will give you realistic returns. I would recommend the Academy of Financial Trading without hesitation.

I was one of the original posters trying to find out some information on this training. I ended up taking the UTP training and totally agree with barfly and all the other positive comments. It is worth it, and teaches you a specific trading strategy stressing that you must be strict with yourself not to deviate from what they teach you. I took a break from trading but am considering getting back at it again (just received a followup email from AcademyFT) reminding me that I can ā€œrefreshā€ my education for free.

So all around - if you are looking for support on their method of trading - this is a great choice!

Hi,

My experiences with AFT has been overwhelming positive. I have done both the Foundation and UTP (twice) and my experiences with the support staff has been very good. They have been very responsive. I have had a couple of follow up one on one sessions with my Trader Account Manager to clarify certain aspects of the course as well as regular emails which all have been responded in timely manner. All the sessions I have attended were live as I asked a number of questions in which the instructor answered. For me personally, through the UTP trading strategy, I feel comfortable trading their system, which is straight forward and big on risk management. I highly recommend their courses and support.

Hi All,

After Completing The Ultimate Traders Programme From AFT, it has left me with a sense that whilst the stock market is a very uncertain place most of the time, They kinda have your back. By this i mean, Not only do they try to explain the theories and strategy as clearly as possible but if you are unsure in any part of the process they will absolutely do their level best to drum home the perfect way to trade their strategy. Leaving no stone unturned. As almost a complete novice to this, i must have asked close to a million (joke) ridiculous questions and the staff has bent over backwards without prejudice to answer each and every one of them. This is what i call serious support! The fact that i can call someone and ask for either advice on a particular piece of information or even clarification on points i donā€™t understand or need reassurance that what i am doing is correct the team is always there for me. This is priceless to me. Whether i make money or not at the end of the day it perhaps in the lap of the gods, but at least in times of confusion or self doubt, they are on hand via the phone or email to discuss your points and review what you are doing at all times.
All the learning data within the programme is available at all times for review and refreshing purposes, and the tools provided to help make your trading decisions seem to work on the back-testing iā€™ve done so far.
I have not seen a strategy quite like this before.
Like i have said, its still early days for me, but the AFT have done an excellent job of putting me on the right track and turning me into a profitable trader at last.
Recommended.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to put in my experience.

I was thinking about Trading back in 2011, got books, read up, looked through forums, chose a platform and thought I had it covered. I had read a broad spectrum and subscribed to newsletters. Then it came to actual trading, it didnā€™t quite work as it does in all those books (at least not for me). Thatā€™s the brain bias for you.

I got the given the Foundation course from Groupon and after a couple of nice chats with Adrian I did the UTP in 2012. Now I was ready to Trade but due to a couple of things couldnā€™t. Earlier in 2014 I contacted them back as they had mentioned the life time support but was cynical but true to their word they got back to me and without hesitation booked me onto the next available course, kept calling me to make sure I was OK, I had all the new tools and logon - the works.

I donā€™t know about others but my experience of ā€œLife Time Supportā€ means once they have your money you never hear from them again - well this was the complete opposite. 2 years away and I was really pleased I had chosen them as their support has been phenomenal. (Now donā€™t get me started on BT).

The Strategy - What they teach is a Technical Based Trading based on momentum - simple. I already recognize when I have made mistakes so you can quickly review how youā€™re doing. No discretion what for me is what I need.

Education can be free, you can book yourself in for your driving license test, read up on it and try to pass but donā€™t think you would be successful. If you went to the Dentist and they said I havenā€™t done this before but Iā€™ve read it in a book how confident would you be? That is just my own opinion.

A decent education is not free, thatā€™s why we pay Taxes, Tuition Fees, Driving Instructors etc (ever heard of Teachers working full time for free?). The Academy provide a good base to start Trading, show what can happen on live charts, show what can go wrong and what to expect and teach you what to look for so when you are alone, at home and that Seventh Trade has gone against you, you have the confidence to keep going and not give up, stick to the rules and it will come good.

I would ask one thing from the Academy, a kind of add on to UTP. Once we have established this type of trading and ready to advance it would be nice to have workshops on other trading styles (Swing, Robotic, Day etc) as if we take it further we will look into this and need that extra help.

For me, this was a brilliant decision and one I donā€™t regret. I am trading with live funds now and not having sleepless nights or staring at a screen all day. I have made a slight profit already and itā€™s only early days.

Hi, I also did the AcademyFT courses, and am now trading live funds. I recommended the courses to a friend, and he pointed me to this thread, so I felt I should add my bit.

I did the courses in late 2013 (which I believe were live - my name came up!) and have been using their system ever since. I did 3 months with a demo account (30% profit), and am now 11 months in with a live account (65% profit, although yesterday profit was 45% - a crazy day in the Swiss bank).

I do it after work, and continue to be impressed by the results. I knew nothing before the courses, and am now making money, so the courses work.

As for whether you can get the same for free, Iā€™m not sure it is as simple as that. You can learn anything from the internet and books if that is what you want - and some people might be happy and successful with that - but I chose to be taught and have someone on the end of a phone in the future. I guess it depends on the individual.

I am a happy customer though, and as I said, have recommended it to friends.

I am skeptical about all the academies. Only a few really something to teach.

Iā€™ve done two of their courses and found them very helpfull in understanding the market and makin TA for me as a beginner. Which has helped me creating my own strategy what comes to trading. I know from others that it takes years of studying candlesticks and indicators to master your timing when to enter the market. The methods they teach are very easy to understand but I would never only follow one method or signal.

I am also very pleased with their support after the courses and especially i enjoyed the live aspect of the courses where
you get answers on your questions.

Still trading with profit two years and counting.

Hi GCAE, welcome to Babypips. Always good to see new faces.
Could you tell me a bit about what makes AFT so good, in your opinion?

This is Hobsonā€™s choice. Itā€™s like attending a University. You have got choices of offers and itā€™s left for the individual to decide. Please find out what other trainees of the financial academy are saying. Life is very free.

or depending on how progressive you are, perhaps the husband makes the supperā€¦ :wink:

Me and my husband signed up with this company a few months ago and paid nearly Ā£800 for the ultimate program. We were given an indicator and some rules to follow, we also had dedicated support. We started to lose a lot of money gradually, about a month ago my husband decided this was an elaborate scam and gave up. We had lost nearly Ā£2000.

I discovered the babypips school last night which is fantastic and better than anything we got from that course.

I would avoid this company like the plague. I will stick with the babypips school for now. I just wish I had found this earlier.

As a user of UTP from the Academy of Financial Trading, this seems like an unfair criticism. You make it clear that you signed up a few months ago. With the course being 2 months long, that means youā€™ve been trading for a couple months at best. Itā€™s strange that you started immediately live trading the system with significant amounts of money, not testing it with a demo account. Here is why I find your criticism strange:

• the course clearly teaches that when the market ranges, you will lose small amounts, and when it trends, you will make decent amounts. Markets have been ranging significantly for most of 2015.
  • the course teaches you to scale down trades if your account is losing, so you canā€™t lose significant portions of your account quickly.
  • it teaches that the majority of trades will be small losses, and youā€™ll make the majority of profits off a small number of trades, which youā€™ll have to wait for.

If you have understood the technique, you would be comfortable with periods of small losses, and waiting for trends to establish in order to make money.

I have been live trading for 12 months. I entered at a fortunate time, and my first 6 months were nicely profitable. The most recent 6 months have been pretty much flat, because most of my instruments have been ranging. But I am nicely up over the 12-month period. I would say I will need at least 24 months, perhpas even 36, in order to gauge what kind of medium and long term profits I can generate.

Iā€™ve taken the understanding of the tchniques, and the psychology really seriously. It sounds like you either didnā€™t understnd the techniques well, and/or havenā€™t been willing to implement the techniques over a fair amount of time.

The support Iā€™ve received, long after paying the course fee (and presently still going strong) has been excellent.

You say you discovered the babypips shool last night, and in 24 hours youā€™ve already been able to measure its effectiveness, being fantastic - how did you test it so quickly?

Friend of mine told me that Academy of fin trading was being discussed
Here my two cents worth
I am busy with there second UT course and although I have not traded with it yet
It looks good so far
How do I know well I trade my own cash for a living and have done so for four years
My first question has always being if you such hot traders why do you need my money
The academy do not trade on behalf of clients and seem to be in the business to give alternative advice to what is received by the main stream education which is where we start and lose big chucks of cash
If trading was easy every one would do so, the problem is far to often our own emotional jungle juice that gets in the way of the steady success. By the way 2000 pounds is very little in school fees trading takes time to master but money management takes longer.
I wish I could tell you that its is simple but the fact is it is not
My advice is to take another long hard look at yourselves and decide if its is really your game maybe if you had a few more years of experience and a 100 k loss under the belt you might see that the Academy of Financial Trading has a lot to offer
Good Luck
Paddy