Anyone thinks the same with me? EURGBP will go down to finish the cycle?

Looks like the market makers trapped those weak shorts. The Euro was long for at least a week on all pairs. The retracement buy was a winner. Always buy on 38.2 and 50 retrace. Wasn’t surprised to see Euro go higher. Don’t be surprised if Euro pushes crazy levels. I think stage is set for a big push. Watching bond yields and especially oil prices. Could see Euro become that safe haven.

Think Draghi will calm the waters to prevent an extremely strong Euro which will weaken exports in the face of a weakening USD. Staying out of the Euro till after March 6th. Expect a brief pullback before any more highs.

Indeed, as emeraldoc says, the Euro is set to rise…

Forex: Euro Could Surge if Rebounding Inflation Translates into ECB Hold | DailyFX

Anyone watching and following European politics will struggle to see how the socially divisive tax and employment policies in Italy, or the unemployment plague in Spain and Greece, or the economically troubled Ireland, can be ignored, charts or no charts, money flow or no money flow: there is a tipping point where finance and life on the ground meet, and because currencies are bound to the political and social stability of the country they represent, I see no real strength in the Euro long-term if the problems I highlighted, among others, keep getting brushed under the carpet.

In the medium term, the Euro may rise against this or that currency, but in the long term, the picture is not fundamentally one of strength; nor, as Emeraldoc said, would the ECB want a strong(er) Euro, as it would damage the already weak exports.

With Scotland going into an independence referendum, old ‘tribal’ regionalism may flare out across other parts of Europe… Will the union hold? If the market latches onto a wind of change in this respect, then it will not be mere speculation. North Sea Oil has ties to the life of finance, currencies, and other assets: if Scotland’s independence should limit money flow into Westminster’s pockets, there could be readjustments in the BoE policies, in the Pound, and trade ties with the rest of Europe.

To focus on the EuroZone CPI ‘better’ figures last week, or on a possible rate hold by the ECB this week (or on Draghi’s ‘whatever it takes’ measures to ‘save’ the EuroZone from collapse), is only part of tthe picture: without true political will to avoid another housing bubble (see what critics say in the UK), or to tackle the low employment rates in core member states, to name but two critical issues, there is limited scope for a central bank, with all its tools, to stem a natural course of events - see the failing exports in spite of the BoJ’s currency intervention.

On that rather cheerful note, I will finish by wishing you all a happy trading week!!

That said…The Euro is already at a 6 month high along with oil prices dangerously high this could potential lead to cost push inflation. Commodity prices are also rising. Euro could test 1.38 again but imo the market maker is trying to panic the market indicating a full warehouse, just see how the price got bidded lower at the start of the Asian session, that says massive liquidity issues for anymore buyers or longs. They can only look to trap weak longs into higher moves. Draghi speech best time to do it. Just keep stops above 1.3880 should ride out volatility.

Open interests on the Euro have been rising as well as long open interests. That’s the order flow we are seeing now. This week is the big week for the Euro. I think Draghi comes out all vague and soon to be followed by panic. Either way it seems like we are at buying climax. I fully expect a USD and GBP response shortly.

Hello traders!

The power of hindsight is a great tool, but there are certainly diverse interpretations of past price history…

I am doing further testing on this pair, and I must first of all admit to having an interest in this as I am actually long

on it (crazy as it may seem); as part of this, I am first going to reflect on my past analyses:

1. http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/60757-eur-gbp-forecast-2014-medium-long-term-technical-analysis.html

Here I was forecasting that we could be testing the Fibonacci retracement at 0.79(xx) or lower, and I even tried
    a cycle perspective on it with July 2014 for as low as 0.75(xx); as I write this, we are currently seeing the pair at 0.7925;

2. in the YouTube video from the current thread (page 1), YouTube, I was also forecasting a test of the 0.75(xx) level, but I had
    put it around the April-May 2014 period, which was premature; however, the downward channel, spanning over 1,000
    pips, was an accurate assessment;

3. in the picture below, which I created in the last two days, I see another cycle, and one that actually also confirms
    the possibility of further movement to the downside but only in the short term, with a large correction to the upside
    spanning anything from 250 pips to 1,000 pips (depending on changing fundamentals):

What you see here is the EUR/GBP pair showing a four-year cycle, from 03 July 2009 to 03 July 2013, with black (bullish)
and red (bearish) lines joining the start of each July point; the movement shows the following characteristics:

a) the fulcrum, at 0.85(xx), is also (coincidentally) around the middle-way point between the cycle high (0.94(xx)) and low
(0.7750); I argue that the next significant movement between July 2014 and July 2015 will be a bullish one, with the
pair aiming to exhaust the bearish channel/trend and targeting or surpassing said fulcrum (0.85(xx));

b) some of the July-to-July yearly movements included swings in the direction opposite to the overall movement, and the overall
ranges follow a pattern, as listed here (values are approximated to round numbers):

Period A: July 2009 - July 2010: overall range of 1,250 pips;
Period B: July 2010 - July 2011: overall range of    750 pips;
Period C: July 2011 - July 2012: overall range of 1,250 pips;
Period D: July 2012 - July 2013: overall range of 1,000 pips.

The differences are:

A to B = 500 pips; 
B to C = 500 pips 
C to D = 250 pips.

This regularity shows that the cyclic nature is not a coincidence, as it rests on certain strong boundaries within this pair, given
by historic levels/areas of demand (‘support’) and supply (‘resistance’).

What happened between July 2013 and July 2014? Well, the range was of 750 pips, which was the same as in Period B,
and we have seen a return to the July 2012 level, in a near-perfect symmetrical triangle, with July 2013 as the apex;
what I see now is the following possibility:

1. Stage 1: the pair moves from 0.8000 down to as much as 250 pips, aiming for (but not necessarily achieving) the cycle
    low at 0.77(50); in the article that I wrote last December, I said that

"[I]Another cyclic aspect for this pair finds its fulcrum in the 0.77(xx) figure: this represents the mid          
                    way,mathematical half between the lowest level (in 2000) and the highest one (in2008) of the EUR/GBP pair
                     for the last two decades: the July 2012 test of this level (coinciding with our descending channel floor)
                      represents the exact half way point of a retracement of this eight year, c.4,100 pip rise (...)[/I]".

Indeed, if and when we should reach the 0.7750 or 0.7700 level, we would be in an interesting position, but 
                this is where I foresee also the bullish scenario, long-term, as in Stage 2 below;

2. Stage 2: at or before the 0.7750, the pair moves up to aim for the 0.85(xx) level, which is the four-year cycle fulcrum;
    if the pair moved in reverse, symmetrically, to its first cycle, then we would first need to look at the cycle’s four period
    movements, end-to-end (i.e. from July to July of each twelve-month part of the cycle):

Period A: BEARISH / 250 pips ;
    Period B: BULLISH / 750 pips ;
    Period C: BEARISH / 1,000 pips;
    Period D: BULLISH / 500 pips.

Reversing this we would have the following:

Period D(1), July 2013 to July 2014: BEARISH / 500 pips;
Period C(1): July 2014 to July 2015: BULLISH / 1,000 pips;
Period B(1): July 2015 to July 2016: BEARISH / 750 pips;
Period A(1): July 2016 to July 2017: BULLISH / 250 pips.

Period D(1) has already come to pass, and it has indeed delivered the 500-pip bearish move; if, therefore,
we took as true the next move, namely as in Period C(1), we would see the pair aiming to go from 0.80(xx) of the beginning
of July 2014 to 0.90(xx) by July 2015
, which is the peak at the beginning of July 2011.

There are indeed unforeseen events that can reverse a strong trend such as the current one in EUR/GBP: a housing bubble bursting, a Scottish independence becoming reality (think of oil revenue losses tothe ‘UK plc’ economy, for one), a European
renaissance under Renzi’s leadership, a Fed rate hike grabbing investor sentiment by surprise and sinking the GBP/USD value,
a geo-political crisis somewhere in the world that changes current thinking around the Euro-Dollar-Pound balancing game
of probabilities… The list is endless: of course, just as much as we can predict this pair sinking lower and lower for another
2,050 pips from 0.77(xx), and rising to the 0.90(xx) level or beyond, we can also accept that nobody can predict the future, and
we could well see a period where all previous forecasts become nullified by any number of events, including a second market
crash that nobody could prevent, or a global conflict, or a reform of the currency markets and banking, or whatever.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and that it stimulated your thinking.

Happy trading.

Wow that’s a lot to read, looks very interesting. I will have to come back to read this.

Eur/Gbp decline extends lower and adding to the strength of the downtrend is the fact that the British pound itself seems to be so strong at the moment, as a result more people are interested in selling this market.

Fundamentally faultless :wink:

Hello traders, my latest article on this pair:
EUR/GBP Cycle Window shows upward mobility | Forex Crunch

Enjoy…

Happy trading!

Ha, great minds think alike!
Wrote my article just a day or so ago.

$EURGBP - Get Ready to Get Long @ 7800 #FOREX 7/28/2014 - FOREX-unlimited.com

Jake

Goodness me!!!

Well, and with this post…

I AM NOW AN FX HONORARY MAN!!!

Woo hoo!!!

Where is the red carpet… :18:

Okay, Jake, thanks for posting that… Let’s see what happens in the next few days to this pair…

On a quiet day, this pair has quietly
overtaken the 0.7925 mark:

With EUR/USD having reconquered the 1.34 mark, and GBP/USD dropped to just below 1.68,

the EUR/GBP was left free to retake the road towards 0.80:

Since the end of July, the pair has risen
nearly 150 pips, reconquering the 0.80 level:

Given the huge Euro drop yesterday across the board, thr pair

slipped back down towards 0.79…However, the supportive

trendline from the past two months seems reliable for now:

Interestingly, at the reopening of trading, tonight, this pair gapped up about 80 pips, taking price back up above the 0.80 mark…

Interestingly? Or what you expected? Good job bud!

Well, I am getting to see this pair really trying hard to get back above that 0.80 mark,

in all sorts of creative ways…like the one shown above (gapping overnight)!

I am enjoying the ride, and I am sitting comfortably!

Bring the popcorn in!!!

Haha! LOL! You cracked me up… By the way what are your thoughts on AUD/NZD. I am eyeing for a long position, seems to have just cracked a weekly congestion area and is at the start of an up cycle 1.1653 target. You are the boss on the com dolls…

Hi, well, as you know, Wed. night and Thu. morning see the RBNZ rate decision (no rate hike forecast) and the AUD employment data coming out, so, depending on what happens, you may want to get ready… The 1.200 level on AUD/NZD, which is where the pair has retreated from touching the 1.300 level this week, has not been a tested level since being resistance on 28th/29th Nov. 2013, so it may or may not hold; however momentum is behind the move and the 200day moving average has long been crossed… Sadly, volume is not available for this pair (at least not on FXCM trading station), so I have no idea what kind of volume there is behind…

I am currently about 170 pips in profit on this…

Continuing from my previous message…

My AUD/NZD trade was stopped out at the trailing stop, earning me 160 pips…

I will re-enter AUD/NZD within the week, probably around the time of RBNZ

rate decision…