Aud/jpy

Good call.

Provided this is merely a correction, I would think your idea to be completely viable for re-entry.

Nothing wrong with the market allowing the opportunity again!
:smiley:

I was afraid earlier today that the daily candle would develop into what it did. Large doji at the top of the uptrend nearing resistance. :eek:

Looking back, yesterday was probably a good trade setup for anyone trading on candlestick patterns, but then again hind sight is 20/20.

Talking out loud here, is this pattern signalling a downturn in equities also. Remember it was around this time the past two years that volatility started to pick up, and equities started to turn down. Maybe the JPY crosses are acting as a leading indicator.

That sort of action could cause AUD/JPY to go down regardless of what the RBA is deciding, and a sell off could be much more severe in the short term. The EUR/JPY gives a better picture of this in my opinion since it has failed to make higher highs in each of the past 3 rallies since May. AUD/JPY has held up better due to the better fundamentals in Australia but even it may succumb.

Technically, if the GBPJPY doesnā€™t run back up & break 163 for a new high on the daily charts, Iā€™d say it was rolling over as well.

Yesterdays daily candle didnt say much, I was anticipating an engulfing bearish candle. However I see where a retracement is possible to test the counter broken down trend line, then I will look to BUY on a reversal candle formation at the 61.8. See chart attached.

If/When the retrace happens on AUD/JPY, Iā€™ll probably look to go long again. For now, I liked the GBP/JPY so much I decided to short @ 155.84. Thanks for pointing that one out zekelogan. We will seeā€¦

No prob. Iā€™m with ya :smiley:

My short term a$$ got booted :smiley:

Hope allā€™s well!

long AUDJPY

@ market.

stop 76.30

target 80.30

lol, same here. It was working well short term, but then stopped out. AUD/JPY looks to be working out well for you.

that it is.
moving stop to 77.70

moving stop to 77.95

It had some nice momentum earlier today. Looks like it is slowing down.

I agree, if it canā€™t crack 79.30, I think the target is lost.

Iā€™m keeping the target though, we all know stranger things have (and usually will in FxLand) happen :wink:

Impressed with the AUD/JPY strength. I was faked out :eek:

Iā€™m getting used to seeing a fairly decent trendline, news release taking a sharp wedge out of it, then price continuing on itā€™s original merry way.

Iā€™m hoping this is what happens.

If not, probably exit at the end of the day.

Certainly a very nice pattern youā€™ve picked up on.

Iā€™ve been waiting for equities to get hit with a large retracement (hence hesitation to get back into AUD/JPY) and am continually surprised by it strength in July. At least my 401k is doing well :smiley: .

Next week should be exciting with ISM and NFP. Estimates call for -340k NFP.

80.24 target hit :smiley:

Very nice. Iā€™m still very much confused about AUD/JPY at this point. Waiting for tomrorowā€™s RBA rate decision. Only thing working for me right now is USD/CAD.

A long entry would look good after a bounce off support to confirm the continued upward bias.

If it breaks down, sit on hands.

Thatā€™s my take! :wink: