Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Yes, it is true… but I am on the side that believes that you cannot have your cake and eat it…

All politicians who say that you can have it all and not be part of the decision-making table in the EU

are selling lies, essentially, because you are indeed either ‘in or out’, as the referendum slogan has it…

Again, there is no need for Britain to pull out of Europe: it is a purely internal Tory dispute, and

Cameron is squeezed between different factions. I do not believe this is genuinely ‘for the British people’.

Change for the better can be painful, but it would be like saying: "The ship is sinking but if we threw

away the lifeboats we would lighten the load and stop taking more water in".

Britain has debt levels resembling 2008 and pointing the finger at the EU is not the way to solve this…

I live in Scotland and there has been massive(!!) EU regeneration investment for anything from

road infrastructure projects in the Highlands to cultural development in the Hebrides, and to the

general agricultural subsidies granted throughout this part of the Kingdom… As we saw in Sep. 2014,

the idea of ‘independence’ (Scottish referendum) was reliant largely on oil/energy, and we all saw

what a catastrophe hit that very resource that would have had to fuel a ‘new era’ for Scotland: equally,

without European funding, where exactly is Britain going to get equivalent funding… Iran? China? US?

I think Cameron will fail, because Britain does not have enough bargaining tools at the European table

to get more privileges: simply put, if you want to be part of a club, would you really expect to be allowed

in for free? All states pay a fee, and it is utterly disingenuous to believe that you can have priviliges

without the same share of the load as appropriate to the size of your membership.

With the holocaust memorial day last Wednesday comes a healthy reminder that the war in Europe

is exactly why we should fight in the courts and in parliaments to keep Schengen, to keep Europe,

to keep collaboration, for the turn we are seeing in sentiment is a litigious, factious, parochial

bickering between single nation-states, breaking up the unity of peace and cooperation within Europe

and raising the ugly head of protectionist nationalism, against migration, against liberalism, against

free movement of academics and legitimate transfer between parts of the continent.

Sterling and ‘Brexit’ have no clear link at present, because a lot of the British currency’s downfall

has been fuelled by lowering FTSE100 stocks (pushed, in turn, by the oil crash) and by the BoE

second failed rate-rise bids (the first failure coming in the 2013-2014 period): I think that, as we

saw in the case of the rather muted response to the Scottish referendum, the markets have already

discounted ‘Brexit’…Therefore, I think this is why it is business as usual at the BoE, and why there

is sufficient skepticism to see this ‘renegotiation’ as nothing more than a marginal issue in global

politics. . . The City will decide, not Westminster.

EUR/CAD: I closed half position for +125 pips, other GBP/CAD half position closed for +100 pips. So that was a net of +112.5 pips. In hindsight, way too early but a win is a win.

GBP/CAD: I closed half position for +150 pips. The other half is still open, currently up 225 pips. SL at +150 pips.

I have a feeling that these two will be bouncing up and down similar to GBP/NZD and GBP/CAD.

Glad to see this thread still going.

Thankfully Yohec brought it back to a trading thread, after my rant haha

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“yohec;746305”] GBP/CAD: I closed half position for +150 pips. The other half is still open, currently up 225 pips. SL at +150 pips.[/QUOTE]

I finally closed the 2nd half position for +200 pips.

I’m all out on the CAD pairs. I’ll be looking for other entry opportunities.

where is your rant I would like to read lol

Continue ranting! Keeps the thread entertaining. But I am staying out of all political discussion. LOL.

Bit if a flat day today, waiting for news later in the week

I think this is a good entry point.

I’m long USD/CAD at 1.3933

[B]RBA stays as it was[/B]

RBA announce no change in interest rates, 2%
Lets see what the next non-event is!

This shows how volatility has dropped in recent months. GBPNZD averaging 340 pips per day, GBPAUD 271.
If you remember, when we started this thread these 2 pairs were averaging 415 pips and 316 pips respectively

So, Cameron has got a deal of sorts, not quite what he wanted. Labour have said they wont delay a referendum, so possibly Brexit vote in June or July.
Knowing how markets hate uncertainty, I expect the £ to drift lower

Closed USD/CAD for +100 pips.

Nice one Yohec

Thanks. Funny how on this thread +100 pips feels like scalping. I see other threads where they go chasing after +10 pips. After getting used to the big wins with GBP/NZD and GBP/AUD, anything less than 50 pips is very disappointing. LOL.

GBP/AUD: Short at 2.0500

Going for another 100 pip scalp.

It’s a crazy world…

This is the new UK:

Japanese academic forced to leave Britain due to visa rules - Telegraph

‘Brexit’ is a sham…

The City, not Westminster, will decide…

I was in at 2.046 Hit my SL

Hope you did better.

Im still in this, currently wobbling around 2.05 still

I think you had the opportunity to take 100 pips?

Back in at 2.05163