Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Well, another decent day. Banked 2% today and 5% so far this week

You are the King…

:slight_smile:

Nice. Those sort of percentages starting turning an account into serious money after a while.

I aim for 2% per week. At the point now where hitting that target over the course of a month currently nets me around 33% of my monthly salary. So won’t be giving up the day job and the ability to trade tax free for a good while yet but it’s nice to start to see it generate something other than pocket money. Finally past breakeven overall too after my early adventures going live a few years back went a bit haywire with multiple accounts being blown doing completely ridiculous things.

Huge spike down on RBNZ rate announcement, even though its what was expected.

See my post on the GBP/NZD thread.

I am not feeling so Buddhist at the moment…

Breathe…deeply…

RBNZ ON HOLD, BUT POINTS TO CUTS COMING – MARKET TALK
28 April 2016, 00:13
2113 GMT - Reserve Bank of New Zealand left interest rates unchanged at 2.25% at a policy meeting Thursday but left open the door to further cuts saying the New Zealand dollar was higher than appropriate, while the country’s dairy sector is getting slammed by low prices. “Further policy easing may be required to ensure that future average inflation settles near the middle of the target range,” it said. RBNZ remains worried about falling inflationary expectations. “Long-term inflation expectations are well-anchored at 2 percent. However, as we have previously noted, there has been a material decline in shorter-term expectations,” it said. ([email protected]; @JamesGlynnWSJ)

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

Might be a buying opportunity, price starting to come back. 2.12 by breakfast time, I reckon :slight_smile:

Yes, who knows, maybe back to 2.12…

…or maybe not.

GbpNzd dropped 450 pips on…nothing.
Rise or fall, you gotta love this pair. So many buying and selling opportunities

Total bloodbath out there. Glad I was completely flat yesterday. Time to hunt out the next opportunity now that the dust has hopefully settled a bit.

A little voice is nagging me for not closing a GbpNzd trade when it was over 200 pips up, but thats not in my trading plan. Like PipMeHappy says, its Buddha buttocks time, just gotta bid your time, possibly buy when its starts lifting again.
I’d rather have this roller coaster any day over some of the ranging pairs out there

Haha

God , yes, who wants to trade

‘Lone Ranger’ pairs like Aud/Nzd

and Eur/Usd, galloping round in circles

and going nowhere?

:slight_smile:

I hope you got out of your long!!

BoJ rate decision side-effects:

Hi,
yes, I got out a couple of days ago for +70pips.

Re entered long again about 10 mins ago @ 108.33

The Eternal Optimist

GbpNzd has pulled back 100 pips, now at 2.10.
Whats the odds on another 200 pips today?

Good luck :slight_smile:

The Nikkei 225 index looks likely to continue down,

coming off that descending trendline top…which

means it will drag down all Yen crosses…

Careful! (Says I, haha)

The drop in GbpNzd has put a squeeze on my profits today, I’ve only managed 0.04% growth in my account today. Mini winning streak of 5 consecutive wins, so on the right tracks

Sorry to hear that!!

Yes, it never really managed to get nack above 2.10

Let us see what NZD/USD will do in the Asian session tonight…

NZD/JPY is getting hammered…a good sell…

Hopefully GBP/NZD turns around. If risk is turning sour it stands a decent chance I think.

Ended up only trading the Dow here today. Thought that US traders would ignore the BOJ and BTFD. Turned out to be right… but just for a couple of hours. Made a little over +0.5% after it fell back some. Could have made more but could have made nothing too as price fell all the way below my initial entry so no worries. Made nearly 3% this week so I probably won’t trade tomorrow unless something clear pops up but Friday’s aren’t my best day for picking trades I’ve found.