Bitcoin to fall off cliff?

and now $12,000 has been passed, remember just 3 weeks ago the question was would Bitcoin break $10,000 by New Year,

1 Like

Yes I remember it well enough - do they have volume bars on bitcoin ?

New all time high in BTC! Do you think that a dip/correction will happen anytime soon?

History teaches taht a dip / correction will not happen anytime soon. Timing is the hardest thing to forecast ! - Did you read the title of the thread ? :relaxed:

Sure, here’s the last 24 hours in absolute terms for anything trading BTC from the various exchanges. It’s up considerably compared to the last few days:

Anyone’s guess, but there’s this bit of news coming out of the CBOE:

Bitcoin Futures Launching Dec 10
http://ir.cboe.com/~/media/Files/C/CBOE-IR-V2/press-release/2017/cboe-plans-december-10-launch-of-bitcoin-futures-trading.pdf

2 Likes

Thanks for that Pipstradamus - highly educational :sunglasses:

And it’s even higher now than it was 17 hours ago when you posted.

I’m pursuing a dollar-cost-averaging program to accumulate bitcoin. The logic of the program is to buy according to the calendar, not according to price, and to buy the same x-dollars-worth of bitcoin each time.

It’s that time again – time for me to pony up x dollars for whatever that amount will fetch.

I’m not supposed to pay attention to price, but I can’t help paying attention to price.

So, here is what I would like to see, before I make my next purchase –

… in other words, a pullback similar to what we saw on November 29 - 30.

1 Like

Hello friend, I wanted to invest in bitcoin but reading your comment I’m afraid to lose my money!

[Edi t @jaythom - jaythom ] You must make your own decision, but a google search on “when stocks go parabolic” will show you why I am concerned for those members who believe they are sitting on a rocket to prosperity.

Here is a feature from “stock Charts” - a very well respected information resource ;-

https://stockcharts.com/articles/decisionpoint/2015/03/be-careful-of-the-parabolics.html

All the best

F

[Edit - IF Bitcoin collapses, it will have huge repercussions, since some 300 Billion dollars is tied up in the cryptos and will just be wiped away. This could upset the US economy somewhat, bancrupt people and would be liable to prompt people to question the entire value system related to ALL “faith currencies” not backed by a real resource like gold" ]

This is insane, forget 10,000 by New Years, how about 20,000

1 Like

You’re right Dennis - I believe you ! :slight_smile:

[Edit - It’s parabollic with a vengeance ! ]

Here’s a chart and writeup which may be of some help ;

http://www.thebubblebubble.com/tulip-mania/

I am declaring this the official Bitcoin thread, there have been 10 different people posting here over the last two days, that makes this one of the most diverse (as far as participation) threads currently on Babypips. All other threads dealing with Bitcoin are a ghost town

Bitcoin surges as Altcoins lose ground, Bitcoin dominance over 60%, that is the highest I have seen it, Market cap closing in on 400 billion, we were under 100 billion in July

1 Like

BTC just hit $18500 on GDAX after being at $17k for under 20min! This is insane. Trading volumes are at $16BN last 24 hours!

1 Like

And just like that, about to touch 15K. In 32 minutes. 5k swing. Craziness.

1 Like

This is moving so fast I needed to move down to the 1hr chart, $19,697 was the high according to Trading View, Whoever bought at that price is in deep doo doo,

Here is a simple Bitcoin investment strategy, buying $100 of Bitcoin at beginning of each week, had you done that starting January 2nd you would have invested $4900 and net profit of over $38,000

1 Like

1 Like

here is some online exchanges you guys may want to consider buying digital currency !
Bitcoin Market Capitalization Crosses $300 Bln
and i think its better to change the topic title