Bollinger band trading with MAs

Superb move on U/J San… watch for the bottoming out bounce! Looks imment. :wink:

What san said seems like some pretty good info :stuck_out_tongue: maybe that should be put on page one

Multi tf’s… longer for positoining. Shorter tf’s for entry. Yep with you scoob… is there a next step? :rolleyes:

You have to read pages 1-500 to pick your flavour :slight_smile:

Thought I might try one last time to get Scoob to enlighten us on his 110% win strat! :smiley:

I entered at 85 without stop loss becouse PA has bounced off the montlhy downtrend line and it was friday. I was pretty sure that PA will bounce off this level.

But anyway, I curious why your indicator’s arrows which show buy and sell zones at upper and lower band but on my charts they are at middle band?? I use default sigma settings :rolleyes: :confused: hmmm

thanks for answer :slight_smile:

Lol, it does lose a few trades. I’m trying my best to take every trade that presents a valid setup regardless of channel size or news or anything like that. This way I can see what else is making it lose trades and go from there. But, I probably take on average 5 trades per pair per day. Of those 5 I may lose 1-2 but my losses aren’t that big and my wins are normally more than my losses, sometimes double, occasionaly 3 times more.

Scoob, you still doing that stop hunting thing across the zero lines ?

Nah, that system didnt work well enough. I probably could’ve added some stuff to it but I decided not to. Choosing EVERY whole number and trading it wouldn’t work, you’d need to be picky of the ones you choose to trade and I didn’t feel like putting the effort into that. I prefer entirely mechanical systems that way I can cut out judgement calls as much as possible.

If the subject matter is a little too uncomfortable for you, or you don’t feel confident enough to contribute to the topic due to your inexperience then just step aside & let it play out.
I think your buddy is big & ugly enough to fight his corner without the intervention of bodyguards, don’t you? :slight_smile:

There’s no need to try smother the discussion by throwing ridiculous accusations around.

This metrix guy challenged a sweeping comment & from what I see, presented a valid counter, attempting to explain his stance.
R Carter kind of got his feet a little tangled up judging by his replies & the point metrix was making then got totally lost in the fog.

It looks like it’s gone the way of most interesting exchanges on here, but then whats new. Next time if you got something intelligent to say, then wade in. If not, let it go.

I feel like I’m in high school with all this drama. Shame we can’t just block people from posting here… hint hint lol

Yeah, that [I]totally[/I] sounds like a guy with only 41 posts who has never been banned from this forum before. :rolleyes:

Decided to switch down to 4h tf and trade London open New York close. Smaller pip trades but more openings so should average out about my usual weekly take. :slight_smile:

Speaking of which, where has that thread disappeared to where the guy goes long at the 00 for 10pips with a 2 pip stop loss. Genius…absolute genius.

Gents, I am going to be following this thread from time to time but won’t be posting regularly for a while. My trading has changed sufficiently that I only use bolly bands as an extra confirmation on the Daily charts now…and for the most part my trading consists of naked price action trading (an occasional MA thrown in) but mainly SR and I’ve also moved more into the stocks/commodity realm as well.

RCarter has had a larger than large input into most of the stuff here and I’m sure he’ll be about for a while but if you have any questions, just send me a PM!

Would just like to say a big thanks to all that have taken part and put an input into this thread - enjoy all and good luck! :cool:

But do they put all the losing trades on as well? :slight_smile:

I just started there and did show the one loosing trade I’v had since I started posting them. Had 3 trades today that I didn’t post due to not having time. That’s what I don’t like about meetpips. Having to manually enter the trades.

well I won’t wish you luck because you don’t need it. :slight_smile: But stop in and say hello onec in a while.

I said sometime back that I wasn’t going to hang around here anymore. Spend way to much time on the forum and not enough trading! Yet here I am. :confused:

:smiley:

LOL Mike… mind numbing TV or FX trading… tough call. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your input San Miguel.

And for everyone else who has inputted, in a supportive fashion, thanks.

I’m still here and reading, learning, exercising my bwwwaiiin.

Dont Feed The Zombies

Red

Yes, much sincere thanks to San for carrying this monster threadnaught on its way. You have always been a great help and I do hope you still stop in to check on us proles now and again. :slight_smile:

:smiley: well just right now it’s mind numbing tequilla, someone gave me a bottle for my birthday. The kind with the worm in it. I haven’t gotten to the worm… yet…